楼主| 发表于 2007-4-13 18:01:00 | 只看该作者
Help~~
82#
 楼主| 发表于 2007-4-13 22:52:00 | 只看该作者
......help
83#
发表于 2007-4-14 02:00:00 | 只看该作者
以下是引用jessieager在2007-4-13 17:37:00的发言:

Topic 3: The wording of a phrase can have a profound impact. What has someone said or expressed that has been especially meaningful to you?

“Be brave to overcome uncertainties.” Dear mom patted on my head with an unswerving expression in her eyes. Never could I forget that day—Oct.5th 2006. Just a month (加個remained較順) before the English competition, however, this one is quite different from those(those 指的是什麼,前面句子似乎沒point out) which I was merely a contestant.

It was not until I became the president of the English Association did I realize that life is full of various challenges, far beyond exams only. Our(假設單方的"my" would be better)  school had a traditional annual English Competition, and this time the advisor was already a senior-three teacher(較偏向口語化,不建議在正式作文使用,用 a busy homeroom teacher來代替也可以), hardly could him spare enough time for it. Am I able to find a sponsor(不知MM用sponsor的用意,sponsor較不傾於advisor方面,可用another advisor 或 consellor)? Am I able to organize the whole well? So many uncertainties break out and seem to be out of my control.

“Be brave to conquer uncertainties,” mom said, “And go for it.” It really cheers me up and I am convinced that life itself is filled with variations. Do not wait until you have got one-hundred percent confidence that you made up your mind to start the journey.

From then on, I indulge myself in all the mass preparations(indulge在這裡比較不適,改為 I proffer myself to get over all the mass preparations.): I made out a concrete plan; communicated with my co-workers; talk with the staff in TV station about campaign; work on questions with foreign teachers and search for sponsors(MM需要把這個地方交待的更清晰些) in downtown……countless things to do during that period of time. Fortunately, four weeks later, a miracle happened! Even two private English education organization are willing to sponge the event; our plan was highly praised by a considerable number of people; I myself made more than one hundred and fifty PPTs(正式作文需避免使用簡詞,弱弱的問PPTs是啥呀?) during two workdays and I even became the beautiful hostess(heroine) in that everlasting night! When my friend said to me,“Jecci! It is the most wonderful English competition I have ever seen!” I burst out into tears with joy.

Still I remember Toussaint L' Ouverture, a reputable freedom fighter, who led the Haiti Independence Revolution in Central America when he was almost forty-eight years old; still I remember Nelson Mandela, the first black president of South Africa, who spent over thirty years in the prison as a political prisoner; Still I remember Gandhi, the originator of the unprecedented non-violence movement, who eventually liberated the India and reinforced the self-esteem and self-trust of millions of Indians……They are all dream-pursuers(應該可以去掉"-"的), with a strong belief to overcome the uncertainties, not surrender to the crucial reality.

With this attitude towards my life, I began to chase my dream with great enthusiasm and confidence. During the spring festival, I passed an exam and got a chance to go to America as an exchange student. Furthermore, I have already planned to hold the first English Culture Festival in May. Sounds exciting!

Anyway, “Be brave to overcome the uncertainties,” I said, “because life lies in my own hands.”

整體評論,先講缺點吧~覺得重點歸納較不完整,這篇是講求某句話的對自己的影響,雖不用長篇論述,但是似乎有些單調直鋪。另外,已經提到的點,就應該做些說明,像是倒數第二段的最後兩句,若是覺得無需做說明,其實不要提到會比較好,這樣會給raters不好的image,縱使是很好的事,也是如此。還有一點,就是詞彙的掌握度,切記,寧可用有把握的,也決不要用不熟悉的詞,少見的詞未必能保證得到好效果。最後一點,就是coherence,文章的段落應該是coherent的,這點在美式作文裡很重要。
優點,有address到題,facility不錯。雖然不多,但是夠份量。稍稍幫MM評個分,3.0左右,有到3.5的空間。
可別怪我昂~這可是我第一次在線幫人看文章呢...
看了LZ的文章才知道,LZ即將要當exchange student,我也曾是exchange student,在IOWA待過,LZ是到哪呢?

84#
 楼主| 发表于 2007-4-14 07:33:00 | 只看该作者

非常感谢blakechien的细心耐心关心~看我这么冗长的文章...

不过有一点哦~这不是专门为TOEFL准备的,是我在着手申请一个活动的材料.呵呵!所以风格和要求会不一样.

呵呵!我会加油滴!谢谢!真的谢谢!

"整體評論,先講缺點吧~覺得重點歸納較不完整,這篇是講求某句話的對自己的影響,雖不用長篇論述,但是似乎有些單調直鋪。另外,已經提到的點,就應該做些說明,像是倒數第二段的最後兩句,若是覺得無需做說明,其實不要提到會比較好,這樣會給raters不好的image,縱使是很好的事,也是如此。還有一點,就是詞彙的掌握度,切記,寧可用有把握的,也決不要用不熟悉的詞,少見的詞未必能保證得到好效果。最後一點,就是coherence,文章的段落應該是coherent的,這點在美式作文裡很重要。"  会记住的哦~

PS: 1.PPT就是Powerpoint哦~

2.我暂时还未确定,等通知我了就告诉你哈~交流生感觉如何?多久啊?

85#
发表于 2007-4-14 12:49:00 | 只看该作者
以下是引用jessieager在2007-4-13 17:37:00的发言:

Topic 3: The wording of a phrase can have a profound impact. What has someone said or expressed that has been especially meaningful to you?

“Be brave to overcome uncertainties.” Dear mom patted on my head with an unswerving expression in her eyes. Never could I forget that day—Oct.5th 2006. Just a month before the English competition, however, this one is quite different from those which I was merely a contestant.

It was not until I became the president of the English Association did I realize that life is full of various challenges, far beyond exams only. Our school had a traditional annual English Competition, and this time the advisor was already a senior-three teacher, hardly could him spare enough time for it. Am I able to find a sponsor? Am I able to organize the whole well? So many uncertainties break out and seem to be out of my control.

“Be brave to conquer uncertainties,” mom said, “And go for it.” It really cheers me up and I am convinced that life itself is filled with variations. Do not wait until you have got one-hundred percent confidence that you made up your mind to start the journey.

From then on, I indulge myself in all the mass preparations: I made out a concrete plan; communicated with my co-workers; talk with the staff in TV station about campaign; work on questions with foreign teachers and search for sponsors in downtown……countless things to do during that period of time. Fortunately, four weeks later, miracle happened! Even two private English education organization are willing to sponge the event; our plan was highly praised by a considerable number of people; I myself made more than one hundred and fifty PPTs during two workdays and I even became the beautiful hostess in that everlasting night! When my friend said to me,“Jecci! It is the most wonderful English competition I have ever seen!” I burst out into tears with joy.

Still I remember Toussaint L' Ouverture, a reputable freedom fighter, who led the Haiti Independence Revolution in Central America when he was almost forty-eight years old; still I remember Nelson Mandela, the first black president of South Africa, who spent over thirty years in the prison as a political prisoner; Still I remember Gandhi, the originator of the unprecedented non-violence movement, who eventually liberated the India and reinforced the self-esteem and self-trust of millions of Indians……They are all dream-pursuers, with a strong belief to overcome the uncertainties, not surrender to the crucial reality.

With this attitude towards my life, I began to chase my dream with great enthusiasm and confidence. During the spring festival, I passed an exam and got a chance to go to America as an exchange student. Furthermore, I have already planned to hold the first English Culture Festival in May. Sounds exciting!

Anyway, “Be brave to overcome the uncertainties,” I said, “because life lies in my own hands.”

jecci写得相当不错,真的。。。相当厉害咧~~

嗯,作为一个高要求的读者,我还是有一点点的小意见,感性的意见哈~
1。你想起的那些伟大的人们,提得十分好。但感觉跟文章的整体有点儿不太融合。文章咋一看比较零散,但实际上有一条主线,就是jecci怎么在mama的鼓励下成功组织了一个English competition。mama讲的话对你特别meaningful,那么伟人们呢?你是在什么时刻想起他们的光辉事迹呢?这一段的位置偶觉得可以再考虑一下的。

2。觉得主线有点儿太虚了些。前三段感觉非常好,但第四段相比之下就有点儿仓促了些。这个是miracle吗?I don't think so!你是怎么overcome自己内心的不安,把uncertanities变成certainties呢?作为读者,这才是我想看到的。这个不是突发事件,是你努力的结果啊。。。what if you decribe some extreme difficulties you encounter during the course of the preparation? 具体一些的,描述的文字不需要特别多,但是要真实的,striking的。

3。这里有点儿鸡蛋里挑骨头了,我觉得主线可以在“uncertainty”上面多放些笔墨,也就是将你自己的叙述和读者的注意力多点集中在uncertainty--certainty上,这样文章会显得更加特别和吸引眼球。

纯粹个人的一些见解,说得不好请包涵了,内心觉得MM的水平已经相当高的说...厉害的高二女生~

86#
发表于 2007-4-14 15:33:00 | 只看该作者

是感觉不错。

加油啦~年轻就是本钱呀~~

87#
发表于 2007-4-14 21:47:00 | 只看该作者
楼主能分享一下综合写作的摸版吗?参考一下,本人21号长沙考
88#
 楼主| 发表于 2007-4-15 07:57:00 | 只看该作者

hehe~分享是没问题,但是个人水平有限额......

不是有作文满分的牛牛发过么?

89#
发表于 2007-4-15 08:09:00 | 只看该作者

写得很好

鉴定完毕

老夫看后决定明日起来努力学习

90#
 楼主| 发表于 2007-4-15 08:12:00 | 只看该作者
以下是引用realheadache在2007-4-14 21:47:00的发言:
楼主能分享一下综合写作的摸版吗?参考一下,本人21号长沙考

这是29分作文的牛牛的template

http://forum.chasedream.com/dispbbs.asp?boardID=19&ID=198039

我就是根据这个改编成适合我自己的。

呵呵~

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

所属分类: TOEFL / IELTS

近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-4-24 04:14
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部