返回列表 发新帖
楼主: jessieager
打印 上一主题 下一主题

[备考日记] Jecci Reborn...... 8.17

[精华] [复制链接]
31#
 楼主| 发表于 2007-3-30 20:19:00 | 只看该作者

Mar. 28th

I heard from my grandma’s death. I could never see her anymore, not once. She has gone, to another place, to company with my grandpa…

Tears stopped me from saying anymore.

Just let silence flow away all the sorrow. Flow away.

Grandma, go to rest and I will show you my Excellencies that you what.

Maybe I said too much “Tragedy” recently; they even came true in my real life. I registered successfully. (By the help of my mum, while my peers missed the precious chance. Anyway, it was not my fault.) I did not know why they blamed on me.

I do not know the crucial fact.

Who knows?

Robert said our school would hold a brand-new English Festival in the coming May. Since I am the director of the English Association, it is naturally my responsibility together with all my friends.

Till now, every time I saw the bold letters “Fight for 4 ·29”, I will naturally come up with enthusiasm and courage. For the expectations and support that my mum and dad gave me and the dream and future that I longing for.

Facing an abnormal mass of odd circulation of odd words written on my draft, scarcely could I take a breath some time. “Poikilothermcoelenteratessqueak and chirp…” all of them are pretty odd. However, I have no choice but keep punching.

[此贴子已经被作者于2007-3-30 20:23:21编辑过]
32#
 楼主| 发表于 2007-3-30 20:46:00 | 只看该作者

Counting Down Clock: 30 days

Today is Mar. 30th. 30 days later I would sit down in the Hunan

University
and spent over four hours to complete my mission, my glorious mission.

I found an excellent way to recall the vocabulary---find a fellow to help you. It could not be better if the friend you find also need to take the Toefl Ibt because you can check each other by turns. However, It is also a fascinating choice to try the method if you are the only Toefl Cracker and you will, definitely, benefit a lot from it when you are asked to speak out the correct word.

Actually I just tried the method recently and I promised my friend Ruby that if I got more than 27 on Reading, I will treat her! Maybe 27 to the majority of people who took the Toefl is the minimum, is not satisfactory, but to me, specifically, is the highest simply because of the circumscribe of vocabulary and shortage of the foundation in learning English as a second language. I shall face the music anyway.

We will have two math tests and a month-examination on Sunday and Monday. God bless me…

33#
发表于 2007-3-30 20:54:00 | 只看该作者

嗯,只能说明要学就要趁早学,像俺这样老了学,费力阿!呵呵,高中正是大好时机,加油吧!

34#
 楼主| 发表于 2007-3-30 21:11:00 | 只看该作者

I read a autobiography of an amazing and successful Beijing girl---Zimo Zeng. I highly recommend you try it.

Zimo. a girl who always ranked the first in Secondary School, then in the year of 1991, she got into the Dartmouth

College
and won the scholarship when she was just an undergraduate student. There she spent the most momentous and glorious campus life.

In the third year, she started to be a standard job-hunter. After a long time preparation and countless interviews, she got three job opportunities in the Wall Street, the world’s most prosperous international business center. Finally she chose to work as a analyst in Morgan Stanly, one of the world’s top investment bank. And it is also the most challenging and crucial cooperation among the whole world. She worked conscientiously and efficiently for nearly three years as a normal staff and one year later, she became the youngest manager in the headquarters…

Fascinating personal experience and superior performance with high perseverance and confidence, Zimo Zeng is indubitably an idol for mefor you

and for all Chinese.

Now she is a hostess in Fenghuang Channel, she still did not stop her chasing dream of love and truth.

Although I myself is so small, strong belief will, inevitably, lead me to somewhere, somewhere that I longing for…

35#
 楼主| 发表于 2007-3-30 21:37:00 | 只看该作者

I gave up the so-called English Competition anyway simply because I do not think it fair to everyone and actually I am SICK of it.

It is not really a big deal to me. What matters is that I do not want to surrender to the apparent injustice: I took two kinds of contests: Oral English & English Speech. To my surprise, I did not pass the first round of the Oral English while my partner passed it. I do not mean to offense her but we two, she and I, know what level we are. How could it be possible?

At first, I strongly resistted facing the music and all my fellows support ed me: the more abnormal it is, the more I want to challenge it. However I gave up at last for mainly two reasons. For one thing, I am not able to take the competition since I will have to go to Shanghai in June and Beijing in July. Time is limited. More importantly, it does not make sense and the competition itself is a tremendous JOKE!

After swallowed Zimi Zeng’s autobiography, I made a final decision that I will choose my major & university AFTER the Toefl test. Just the opposite when it compared to a few days before.

For what?

For it is a bet for my future.

Although she has some discrimination about certain kinds of universities, for example, she thought that State

University
is not as good as other universities. But the fact can tell us nothing but truth.

There are many excellent and top State

Universities
in USA and the whole world which allow students to learn more and to experience more. No one can deny that.

Moreover, it is a fact that most public universities need less tuition and fees, but absolutely it is not a representation that the qualities of these universities are worse than private universities. Take Ohio State University as an example, it is one of the Big Tens and it has the top curriculum in the field of Accountancy, which is thriving at a very fast pace in the demand of America Market. Other cases can be easily found in Michigan

State

University
as well.

Anyway, I do believe in that.

36#
发表于 2007-3-30 21:42:00 | 只看该作者
曾子墨,美女一个!不可小视的强悍女人:)精明聪慧型
37#
 楼主| 发表于 2007-3-30 21:45:00 | 只看该作者

写得好爽啊...从来没这么爽过!

在学校考试写英语作文总是很蠢地弄什么"书面表达",一点意思都没有.还把所有的KEY WORDS都给写出来,大家都大同小异.

一点sense都没有.

还是想说什么说什么好,还可以练习就某个话题写理由1234.

However, 有点累了...

38#
 楼主| 发表于 2007-3-30 21:48:00 | 只看该作者

的确!

十分十分同意36楼的观点..

曾子墨--绝对的骄傲!

39#
发表于 2007-3-30 22:00:00 | 只看该作者

楼主是谁啊?我也是雅礼高二的 报了4月21的

对了,我是312班的,你是。。。?

40#
 楼主| 发表于 2007-3-30 22:02:00 | 只看该作者

哦.我是雅寄的.不在本部,因为当时以为没地方住...诶

[此贴子已经被作者于2007-3-30 22:05:41编辑过]
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

所属分类: TOEFL / IELTS

近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-4-27 00:34
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部