打印 上一主题 下一主题

[校友答疑] Kellogg MBA / MMM 2012, 1-Y MBA 2011, JDMBA 2013 - Taking Questions

[精华] [复制链接]
11#
发表于 2010-7-19 09:20:31 | 只看该作者
这么早就开工了呀?我还没考T呢~
12#
发表于 2010-7-20 01:17:12 | 只看该作者
Hey, i have one concern. I noticed that Kellogg seems to neither provide non-consigner loan for international students according to the official website nor offer any scholarship to Chinese students based on the historial admission data. Is that saying we have to finance ourselves all by our own for entering Kellogg?
What kind of typical method did the the previous students solve this problem ? |
THanks so much !
13#
发表于 2010-7-20 09:17:50 | 只看该作者
I am Kellogg 1Year Program student, already start the semester in Evanston@Chicago.
If anyone has questions about 1Y program, pls feel free to let me know. thanks!

Alex Jie SUN

请教下,这1年的项目除了网上的介绍外,你觉得和2年的区别是什么,当初你为什么申请这个项目?仅仅是因为会回到原单位吗?
14#
 楼主| 发表于 2010-7-20 10:43:43 | 只看该作者
Hey, i have one concern. I noticed that Kellogg seems to neither provide non-consigner loan for international students according to the official website nor offer any scholarship to Chinese students based on the historial admission data. Is that saying we have to finance ourselves all by our own for entering Kellogg?
What kind of typical method did the the previous students solve this problem ? |
THanks so much !
-- by 会员 whereisdream (2010/7/20 1:17:12)

Hello whereisdream,

Although there is no non-consigner loans, but NU/Kellogg do have loan program tailored for international students. You can get an international cosigner (only spouse is not allowed), the only cons for this loan is its interest would be higher, around 8% p.a. And for scholarship, Kellogg do provide scholarship for chinese students, I got a 35K scholarship for my studies in the JDMBA program.

Thank you for your question.

Zonia
15#
发表于 2010-7-20 11:47:59 | 只看该作者

Thanks Zonia so much !

THanks so much !
-- by 会员 whereisdream (2010/7/20 1:17:12)

Hello whereisdream,

Although there is no non-consigner loans, but NU/Kellogg do have loan program tailored for international students. You can get an international cosigner (only spouse is not allowed), the only cons for this loan is its interest would be higher, around 8% p.a. And for scholarship, Kellogg do provide scholarship for chinese students, I got a 35K scholarship for my studies in the JDMBA program.

Thank you for your question.

Zonia
-- by 会员 zonia (2010/7/20 10:43:43)

Dear Zonia,

Thanks so much for your detail answer, which helps me and releases my concern a lot !!
It is me that didn't read the official website in detail but here I would like to further confirm

1) does it mean that anyone beside the spouse can be the international co-signer of mine? can my parents be ? Is there any perfernce in choosing of the co-signer?i.e. the financil status, the house collaterlization?

2) looking back to the albumi, at approxiately how much can we receive the NU Loan from Kellog? Up to the two year's tuition? how many of us Chinese students get the NU Loan in poportion?

thanks so much to you in advance
16#
发表于 2010-7-20 15:28:39 | 只看该作者
Hi Zonia,

Interested in JD-MBA. Are there any other Chinese applicants enrolled in Northwestern JD-MBA program? If any, can you share their background information?
17#
 楼主| 发表于 2010-7-20 18:53:38 | 只看该作者
Dear Zonia,

Thanks so much for your detail answer, which helps me and releases my concern a lot !!
It is me that didn't read the official website in detail but here I would like to further confirm

1) does it mean that anyone beside the spouse can be the international co-signer of mine? can my parents be ? Is there any perfernce in choosing of the co-signer?i.e. the financil status, the house collaterlization?

2) looking back to the albumi, at approxiately how much can we receive the NU Loan from Kellog? Up to the two year's tuition? how many of us Chinese students get the NU Loan in poportion?

thanks so much to you in advance
-- by 会员 whereisdream (2010/7/20 11:47:59)

Hi Whereisdream,

I'm glad to be able to help. Answers are below:
1) Yes, your parents can be your co-signer, just spouse is not allowed.
2) As far as I see, NU supplies around 50% of the total study cost (tuition, board, insurance and everything included), which means normally you'll need to supply the other half. But the school is committed to provide sufficient funding for you to enrol in the program, I'm quite sure you can bargain more if you have genuine needs.
** I got answer (2) while i discuss with the Financial Aid office (which i assume to be accurate~), i personally didn't apply financial aid myself. You may refer to later posts from my classmate

Good luck!

Zonia
18#
 楼主| 发表于 2010-7-20 19:05:15 | 只看该作者
Hi Zonia,

Interested in JD-MBA. Are there any other Chinese applicants enrolled in Northwestern JD-MBA program? If any, can you share their background information?
-- by 会员 ttoni (2010/7/20 15:28:39)

Hi ttoni,

Thanks for your interest in JDMBA program, it's a great bargain getting the best of both JD and MBA worlds. I didn't notice any other chinese admits for my intake, but traditionally, we have 3 - 5 candidate in East Asia (among the 28 - 30 space per year). Historically these spaces are divided among Chinese and Korean/Japanese.

With respect to backgrounds, the 28-30 of us comes from most diversified backgrounds, ranging from NGO, Military, Education, and of course the traditional MBA candidates like M&A, Consulting and IB. Since Kellogg take charge in recruiting (law school would take seat on screening), you can expect a very similar requirement, good GMAT (our average is slightly higher), mature personality and interesting professional experience. JDMBA would favour candidate with a real intention to leverage both worlds of knowledge in their future plans rather than "it's nice to have"-type of candidate.

Please let me know if you need further clarification. Good Luck!

Zonia
19#
发表于 2010-7-20 19:13:04 | 只看该作者
请问贵校有没有专门healthcare/pharmaceutical 方向的?
我在网上查了一下,好像没有
是么?
请问您知道哪些学校有这样的program么?
20#
发表于 2010-7-20 21:03:59 | 只看该作者
Hi Zonia,

-- by 会员 ttoni (2010/7/20 15:28:39)

Hi ttoni,

Thanks for your interest in JDMBA program, it's a great bargain getting the best of both JD and MBA worlds. I didn't notice any other chinese admits for my intake, but traditionally, we have 3 - 5 candidate in East Asia (among the 28 - 30 space per year). Historically these spaces are divided among Chinese and Korean/Japanese.

With respect to backgrounds, the 28-30 of us comes from most diversified backgrounds, ranging from NGO, Military, Education, and of course the traditional MBA candidates like M&A, Consulting and IB. Since Kellogg take charge in recruiting (law school would take seat on screening), you can expect a very similar requirement, good GMAT (our average is slightly higher), mature personality and interesting professional experience. JDMBA would favour candidate with a real intention to leverage both worlds of knowledge in their future plans rather than "it's nice to have"-type of candidate.

Please let me know if you need further clarification. Good Luck!

Zonia
-- by 会员 zonia (2010/7/20 19:05:15)

Hi Zonia,
Thank you for your clarification! What do you mean that law school takes seat on screening?
To give you some of my background. I'm a qualified lawyer and have been working for US law firms in Shanghai for four years. My practice focuses on VC, M&A and FDI. My GMAT is 760 but my LSAT is 162 (fortunately NU does not require LSAT). My college major is international politics so I became the lawyer through self study. I look forward to learning financial and managerial skills and combining my law and finance knowledge to future investment positions. My career goal is to manage sovereign wealth fund and to make strategic investment globally.
I will appreciate if you can give me some application advice from your experience and your thoughts on my background.
Thank you very much!
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-9-20 06:10
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部