搜索
返回列表 发新帖
楼主: zonia
打印 上一主题 下一主题

[校友答疑] Kellogg MBA / MMM 2012, 1-Y MBA 2011, JDMBA 2013 - Taking Questions

[精华] [复制链接]
91#
 楼主| 发表于 2010-10-13 08:28:19 | 只看该作者
Kellogg's application deadline is coming! Wish every round 1 candidate good luck!!!
92#
发表于 2010-10-14 21:24:03 | 只看该作者
Thanks a lot Zonia, You did provide me a different perspective to me.

Maybe it's rational not to choose MMM at the moment after considering that the number of admits is either 1 or 2...........

Going to submit a few more hours.

Wish to meet you and Jeff in Kellogg ;-)
Cheers!
93#
 楼主| 发表于 2010-10-15 11:36:30 | 只看该作者
Thanks a lot Zonia, You did provide me a different perspective to me.

Maybe it's rational not to choose MMM at the moment after considering that the number of admits is either 1 or 2...........

Going to submit a few more hours.

Wish to meet you and Jeff in Kellogg ;-)
Cheers!
-- by 会员 yidiyuehan (2010/10/14 21:24:03)

Hi yidiyuehan
I'd still recommend you to depend on suitability, afterall, my program just opened less than 30 spots =)
Good luck!

Zonia
94#
发表于 2010-10-15 11:56:01 | 只看该作者
Hello Kelloggers, can you please elaborate on finance recruiting?  I noticed that finance is actually the 2nd most popular major in Kellogg, despite its stereotype being a "management/marketing school."

Do most of the big banks go to Kellogg for IBD and S&T?  (i.e. GS, MS, BAML, C, DB, etc for NY or HK positions).  I noticed that some Kellogg alumni work in PE.  Do any PE shops recruit directly from Kellogg?
95#
 楼主| 发表于 2010-10-16 03:12:54 | 只看该作者
Hello Kelloggers, can you please elaborate on finance recruiting?  I noticed that finance is actually the 2nd most popular major in Kellogg, despite its stereotype being a "management/marketing school."

Do most of the big banks go to Kellogg for IBD and S&T?  (i.e. GS, MS, BAML, C, DB, etc for NY or HK positions).  I noticed that some Kellogg alumni work in PE.  Do any PE shops recruit directly from Kellogg?
-- by 会员 thecow10000 (2010/10/15 11:56:01)

Contrary to common belief, actually all big banks you listed here recruits in Kellogg every year. And their chicago office always hold different function and invite kellogg students to attend. More to your surprise, CICC US, which is currently on their recruitment roadshow, only make one stop in Chicago and THAT IS KELLOGG!

Actually I think finance is our second biggest sector basically because more admits are from consulting sides (common belief contributed A LOT on this issue), especially for 1-Y Kellogger. Many of them would return to consulting sector, this correlation between admits to post-MBA career affected much on the employment stat. Kellogg never fall short on having financial institution or banks coming, compared with other M7.

So... no worries about getting a job in finance sector, it's more on your own choice then availability of options.
Good luck!

Zonia
96#
发表于 2010-10-16 04:56:07 | 只看该作者
Thanks Zonia.  I just want to hear this from a current student.  I am not surprised.  Some of the senior managers here did go to Kellogg.  I work for a large financial services company.
97#
 楼主| 发表于 2010-10-16 21:13:12 | 只看该作者
Thanks Zonia.  I just want to hear this from a current student.  I am not surprised.  Some of the senior managers here did go to Kellogg.  I work for a large financial services company.
-- by 会员 thecow10000 (2010/10/16 4:56:07)

Great, hope to see you soon~ Good luck!

Zonia
98#
发表于 2010-10-18 02:27:55 | 只看该作者
Let me contribute my two cents as I'm a Kellogg first year student and considering applying for IB summer intern positions. So far as we know, almost all of the 2nd year Kellogg students who applied for IB summer internships and finished all recruiting processes got an offer/offers. The number of students who got IB summer internship offer is about thirty something. So if you are really interested in Finance sector, Kellogg is still one of the top schools recruiters will consider. Recruiters look for team-players from Kellogg, which is one attribute makes Kelloggians distinct from students of other B-schools.
This year almost every bulge bracket firm comes to Kellogg or invites Kellogg students to the recruiting event, such as GS, MS, J.P. Morgan, Barclays, BoA Merrill Lyuch, UBS, etc. One of the middle market firms told us they evenly recruit 90% of their associates from Kellogg, Booth and HBS. As for HK positions, many banks come to Kellogg for recruitment, we have GS, J.P. Morgan, Citi, DB coming in late Oct. Hope this answer your questions.

-- by 会员 thecow10000 (2010/10/15 11:56:01)

Contrary to common belief, actually all big banks you listed here recruits in Kellogg every year. And their chicago office always hold different function and invite kellogg students to attend. More to your surprise, CICC US, which is currently on their recruitment roadshow, only make one stop in Chicago and THAT IS KELLOGG!

Actually I think finance is our second biggest sector basically because more admits are from consulting sides (common belief contributed A LOT on this issue), especially for 1-Y Kellogger. Many of them would return to consulting sector, this correlation between admits to post-MBA career affected much on the employment stat. Kellogg never fall short on having financial institution or banks coming, compared with other M7.

So... no worries about getting a job in finance sector, it's more on your own choice then availability of options.
Good luck!

Zonia
-- by 会员 zonia (2010/10/16 3:12:54)

99#
发表于 2010-10-23 10:44:46 | 只看该作者
some quick questions:

1. Are most applicants previously from finance industry? Since it seems to me every applicant is supposed to have finished some financial and marketing related courses. I am an engineer.

2. How about the average student age? I am quite old for MBA, 33 soon in this Dec. But that is also why I will try to get one year program if possible.

Thanks,
100#
发表于 2010-10-26 07:25:05 | 只看该作者
lu31tw, I appreciate your inputs.
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-9-20 06:09
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部