搜索
返回列表 发新帖
楼主: zonia
打印 上一主题 下一主题

[校友答疑] Kellogg MBA / MMM 2012, 1-Y MBA 2011, JDMBA 2013 - Taking Questions

[精华] [复制链接]
131#
发表于 2011-2-9 12:05:49 | 只看该作者
Hello, Zonia and other Kelloggers answering questions here. Thanks for your time and efforts.

I applied in R2 this year and have completed an off-campus alumni interview recently. Today I just scheduled a trip to Chicago on 25th so I would like to take this chance to visit Kellogg at the same day.  I'm also planning to contact Adcoms to see if it is possible to meet them in person.

My question is that if it is a good timing to visit, especially after application submission and off-campus interview? Please share your thoughts.

And is there any chance that I could meet any Kelloggers like you that Friday? If so that would be wonderful.

Thanks in advance.

土狼
132#
 楼主| 发表于 2011-2-9 20:15:56 | 只看该作者
Hello, Zonia and other Kelloggers answering questions here. Thanks for your time and efforts.

I applied in R2 this year and have completed an off-campus alumni interview recently. Today I just scheduled a trip to Chicago on 25th so I would like to take this chance to visit Kellogg at the same day.  I'm also planning to contact Adcoms to see if it is possible to meet them in person.

My question is that if it is a good timing to visit, especially after application submission and off-campus interview? Please share your thoughts.

And is there any chance that I could meet any Kelloggers like you that Friday? If so that would be wonderful.

Thanks in advance.

土狼
-- by 会员 土狼 (2011/2/9 12:05:49)

Hi 土狼,

There are two perspectives (or more) to answer your question, in application side, visiting campus or not is not weighted heavily (if at all) in your application, visiting might give some positive shine on your "love" to kellogg but don't expect it would drastically increase your odds. And on your decision side, it is ALWAYS good to visit the campus and know the people, it'll help on assessing whether or not you are suitable to the culture, and enjoy the environment. Nevertheless, it's at least a 2-year commitment for taking an MBA, say you are not staying after graduation.

Good luck on your visit and Happy Chinese New Year!

Zonia
133#
发表于 2011-2-9 21:13:36 | 只看该作者
ALEX SUN是咱交大学长吧...好熟悉的名字
134#
发表于 2011-2-10 05:57:55 | 只看该作者
Zonia, thanks for your prompt reply.

I'm totally agree with your points and to be honest, I'm not expecting that such campus visit would increase my candidacy. Just want to take the chance to visit Kellogg while I'm in Chicago.

One more question, I'm planning to go to Kellogg directly from O'Hare international airport, attend the class visit and information session, and then stay in Downtown Chicago at night. Should I choose CTA or better to rent a car? I've heard that one cannot park over 2 hours in Evanston, is that right?

Thanks again for your kind help.

土狼
135#
发表于 2011-3-21 00:15:11 | 只看该作者
Hi Zonia, Yvonne, Alex,

How is going? Hope you guys all got your preferred summer interns.

I am a round 2 Kellogg admit this year and I would like to know your opinions of whether I should go with Kellogg or Ross (with full scholarship). The two schools are really very close: both are very strong general management schools, experiential learning vs. action based learning, Kwest vs. Mtrek.

Many of the friends here opined that the real difference between these two schools in terms of short-term career impact is very small, and I should go with Ross. But they also acknowledged specifically about the intangibles, which, in my opinion, could mean reputation, network, location and long term career advancements.

The discussion is a bit long, so I just attach the links here:

http://forum.chasedream.com/North_American_MBA/thread-528994-1-1.html

Questions:

1. 想想只能读一次MBA,就像LS summit提到的是不是要去一个品牌价值比较高的呢?不过就我遇到的似乎Uni. of Michigan在亚太的校友比较多,是不是Ross在亚洲影响力比较大?
2. 两个学校在排名上还是有一段差距的。如果从Social Networking的角度来说,是不是Kellogg可以认识比较好的校友呢?
3. 我也拜读过一些大牛对于MBA地理位置的评述,不知道Detroit和Chicago的地理位置对Summer Intern和Job Recruitment有什么影响。
4. 我也有想转金融的想法。好像Ross是UBS的Core School,不知道Kellogg怎麽样呢?是不是Chicago的金融工作都大多招Booth?

Hope I can hear from your guys soon. Thanks a tone.

Best Wishes, Admit2011
136#
发表于 2011-3-21 12:55:33 | 只看该作者
kellogg是不是现在走下坡路了啊
板上也越来越多的出现kellogg的负面评价,请问你们current student有什么感受
137#
发表于 2011-3-25 21:47:09 | 只看该作者
楼上的同学你好,正相反,芝加哥的两所学校这两年是上升势头最猛的学校吧?
138#
发表于 2011-7-27 10:43:34 | 只看该作者
没觉得Kellogg在走下坡路,kellogg在美国口碑还是挺好的。
它在中国的marketing做的的确不如在印度和韩国好
读MBA,2年时间,很多钱,还是要想清楚自己读书是为了什么,想明白了,申请了合适的学校,也不必太在乎别人怎么评价学校
139#
发表于 2011-7-29 14:08:49 | 只看该作者
Philip Kotler大牛还上marketing的课么?网页上都查不到了,老头子半退休了?
140#
发表于 2012-1-6 05:25:02 | 只看该作者
Hi Kelloggers,

Could you provide some in sights on what high Tech companies recruit there? Google/Amazon/Facebook/Apple? And what positions they normally open for Kelloggers? Thanks!
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-9-20 07:55
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部