楼主: zonia
打印 上一主题 下一主题

[校友答疑] Kellogg MBA / MMM 2012, 1-Y MBA 2011, JDMBA 2013 - Taking Questions

[精华] [复制链接]
81#
发表于 2010-9-28 11:04:42 | 只看该作者
Hi, Dear Kellogg students~

I have a question of Kellogg Full-Time MBA 2 yrs essay:

Assume you are evaluating your application from the perspective of a student member of the Kellogg Admissions Committee. Why would you and your peers select you for admission, and what impact would you make as a member of the Kellogg community?

I understand the first part the question that the applicant should evaluate the package based on submitted information without adding new info or story.

However, for the 2nd part of the question, " what impact would you make as a member of the Kellogg community",  to answer this part, may the applicant come with new story? or still view the package from a third party perspective?
82#
发表于 2010-9-30 09:37:41 | 只看该作者
upup
83#
发表于 2010-10-5 04:55:02 | 只看该作者
I am Kellogg 1Year Program student, already start the semester in Evanston@Chicago.
If anyone has questions about 1Y program, pls feel free to let me know. thanks!
Alex Jie SUN
-- by 会员 sunjie38 (2010/7/14 7:33:18)

好奇的问下, 1年的项目中国同学一般是怎么样的background? 都是MC出身的?
84#
 楼主| 发表于 2010-10-8 10:56:17 | 只看该作者
感谢lz热情地回答,我想问问从别的学校transfer到Kellogg的full time,需要什么条件,比如成绩还是什么?似乎在网站上没有找到
-- by 会员 ocean198501 (2010/9/28 9:58:48)

Hi Ocean198501,

I dun think Kellogg accept transfer MBA. (You may check with the admission office to make sure but I didn't recall I met anyone did transfer to full-time MBA program)

Good luck!

Best regards
Zonia
85#
 楼主| 发表于 2010-10-8 10:59:24 | 只看该作者
Hi, Dear Kellogg students~

I have a question of Kellogg Full-Time MBA 2 yrs essay:

Assume you are evaluating your application from the perspective of a student member of the Kellogg Admissions Committee. Why would you and your peers select you for admission, and what impact would you make as a member of the Kellogg community?

I understand the first part the question that the applicant should evaluate the package based on submitted information without adding new info or story.

However, for the 2nd part of the question, " what impact would you make as a member of the Kellogg community",  to answer this part, may the applicant come with new story? or still view the package from a third party perspective?
-- by 会员 ReadytoGo (2010/9/28 11:04:42)

Hi ReadytoGo,

In my essay last year, I did included new stories. My rationale was the evaluation should based on my package AND my interview, and god knows what i'd say in interview. My point is, Kellogg did not absolutely forbid you from submitting new stories in essay 3 (Of course you are not writing a "whole new you" in essay 3 which is not consistent with other essays in your package).

Hope that helps. Good luck!

Best regards,
Zonia
86#
 楼主| 发表于 2010-10-8 11:03:00 | 只看该作者
您好!

我想问一下,在您看来,kellogg和其他商学院比,最大的优势和不同在哪里?

另外,也想请教一下,学校在审阅申请文件的时候,确实会打电话给推荐人了解情况吗?谢谢!
-- by 会员 DeltaDawn (2010/9/7 17:27:41)

Hi DeltaDawn,

For 最大的优势和不同, please refer to the online chat we have conducted in Chasedream, the transcript is readily available in the forum.

For the application review, the school will only do their background check AFTER you are admitted (or enrolled). (They don't want to spare the resources unless you are really joining the Kellogg community.)

Hope it helps!
Good luck!

Best regards
Zonia
87#
 楼主| 发表于 2010-10-8 11:08:02 | 只看该作者
我想请教一下,我只有两年工作经验,24岁,想申jdmba, 会不会太短?谢谢!
-- by 会员 sighhh (2010/9/7 17:50:58)

Hi sighh,

That really depends on the nature of your 2 years of work experience and your growth. If you are having solid experience and drastic growth in responsibilities, I bet "time" is not an obstacle. Frankly, since you are facing a more competitive pool compare to full-time MBA (we have just under 30 spots), and you don't have a "second chance" (like have an MBA spot if JDMBA doesn't want you); you may want to think again if your 2 year experience is good enough to showcase your leadership ability and talents.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

Best regards
Zonia
88#
 楼主| 发表于 2010-10-8 11:10:33 | 只看该作者
So sorry everyone! I'm now in the middle of my tonnes of readings and practices for midterm, so my response might be delayed these days. I'll try to visit CD anyways but thanks for your patience.

NB. First round deadline for Kellogg is coming! (Yaaaaay!!!!!) Wish everyone good luck!

Zonia
89#
发表于 2010-10-8 23:41:04 | 只看该作者
之前刚刚提交了PART I 的资料,选了感兴趣的项目是MBA。 目前在开始仔细准备ESSAY的时候才发觉其实自己更想读的是MBA/MMM。

请问这种情况是继续当作MBA 来申请比较好还是可以联系admission committee 来纠正自己之前的选择?

一直在犹豫,因为不确定会不会给ADCOM 留下个没有深思熟虑的印象...

谢谢回答啊。
90#
 楼主| 发表于 2010-10-9 21:40:25 | 只看该作者
之前刚刚提交了PART I 的资料,选了感兴趣的项目是MBA。 目前在开始仔细准备ESSAY的时候才发觉其实自己更想读的是MBA/MMM。

请问这种情况是继续当作MBA 来申请比较好还是可以联系admission committee 来纠正自己之前的选择?

一直在犹豫,因为不确定会不会给ADCOM 留下个没有深思熟虑的印象...

谢谢回答啊。
-- by 会员 yidiyuehan (2010/10/8 23:41:04)

This is really a close call. I think that depends on a few different factors:
1. do you think you are only "想读" or it's actually more suitable for you?
2. do you have any related background?
3. does MMM help you on your future goals?

If you think it's actually more suitable to you, and you are going to pursue career in related fields, I think it worths to tell adcom to change your choice. If you are just "interested", you may consider to take more courses in operations management or engineering management but not claiming MMM.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

Best regards
Zonia
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-9-20 06:03
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部