打印 上一主题 下一主题

[校友答疑] Kellogg MBA / MMM 2012, 1-Y MBA 2011, JDMBA 2013 - Taking Questions

[精华] [复制链接]
111#
发表于 2010-11-21 22:08:55 | 只看该作者
Hello everyone,

Is that the questions for rememdation letter of Kellogg are the followings:

Kellogg MBA Recommendation Question 2010-2011

Please limit your responses to two to four pages.

1. Please comment on the candidate’s career performance. Cite specific examples where possible (e.g. ranking relative to others in the industry, overall progression within the organization, impact on organization).

2. Please evaluate the candidate’s demonstrated leadership and leadership potential (e.g. ability to influence others, initiative, contribution beyond expected responsibilities).

3. What do you perceive to be the candidate’s weaknesses? What efforts has he or she made to address these weaknesses?

4. What observations do you have about the candidate’s interpersonal skills (e.g. maturity, listening skills, team skills, sense of humor, respect for different viewpoints)?

5. Please comment on the candidate’s intellectual ability (e.g. analytical and quantitative skills, communication skills, creativity, curiosity).
112#
 楼主| 发表于 2010-11-23 12:43:01 | 只看该作者
Hello everyone,

Is that the questions for rememdation letter of Kellogg are the followings:

Kellogg MBA Recommendation Question 2010-2011

Please limit your responses to two to four pages.

1. Please comment on the candidate’s career performance. Cite specific examples where possible (e.g. ranking relative to others in the industry, overall progression within the organization, impact on organization).

2. Please evaluate the candidate’s demonstrated leadership and leadership potential (e.g. ability to influence others, initiative, contribution beyond expected responsibilities).

3. What do you perceive to be the candidate’s weaknesses? What efforts has he or she made to address these weaknesses?

4. What observations do you have about the candidate’s interpersonal skills (e.g. maturity, listening skills, team skills, sense of humor, respect for different viewpoints)?

5. Please comment on the candidate’s intellectual ability (e.g. analytical and quantitative skills, communication skills, creativity, curiosity).
-- by 会员 bengbeng (2010/11/21 22:08:55)

Hi bengbeng,

I'm not absolutely sure since I remember our recommendation questions are only available at the interface which your recommender can logon, write and review their recommendation. But it's pretty much what the adcom would like to know. So... go ahead and discuss with your recommender about the content accordingly. Good luck!

Zonia
113#
发表于 2010-11-23 16:26:26 | 只看该作者

Round 2 Interview Request

To dear current MBA students,

I am currently preparing for round 2 application. For the part I - interview request, I am more inclined toward off campus interview outside of United States, however, I am uncertain of the numbers of Kellogg alumni available in Taipei. From what I read on the forum, many Asian candidates got interview waived because of the large amount of applicants in this area. Since I really love to go through the interview because I feel I have the chance to talk about myself in person, should I choose a country in Asia that has more Kellogg alumni present? If that's the case, which country should I choose to have my interview? Any suggestions? Thank you for your time and attention.
114#
发表于 2010-11-24 23:42:01 | 只看该作者
如果选择PE作为自己的职业,为什么kellogg是个好的选择? why kellogg? can any kellogg alumni give me some detail explanations?
115#
 楼主| 发表于 2010-11-26 01:35:01 | 只看该作者
To dear current MBA students,

I am currently preparing for round 2 application. For the part I - interview request, I am more inclined toward off campus interview outside of United States, however, I am uncertain of the numbers of Kellogg alumni available in Taipei. From what I read on the forum, many Asian candidates got interview waived because of the large amount of applicants in this area. Since I really love to go through the interview because I feel I have the chance to talk about myself in person, should I choose a country in Asia that has more Kellogg alumni present? If that's the case, which country should I choose to have my interview? Any suggestions? Thank you for your time and attention.
-- by 会员 seeseewhy (2010/11/23 16:26:26)

You should  choose a place where you can easily get to rather than choose for number of alumni coz you never know how the demand is like for your application year. And I have to emphasize one point, i.e. waiving an interview really do not mean you're "dinged". I know many kellogger who had their interview waived and received phone interview before getting their offers. And... traveling to another place for an interview is really too much an hassle which might affect your performance (to me that is...)

Hope that helps. Good luck!

Zonia
116#
 楼主| 发表于 2010-11-26 01:44:37 | 只看该作者
如果选择PE作为自己的职业,为什么kellogg是个好的选择? why kellogg? can any kellogg alumni give me some detail explanations?
-- by 会员 zhebie1721 (2010/11/24 23:42:01)

Hi zhebie1721,

First, Kellogg got a pretty all-rounded curriculum which prepare you to almost all kinds of post-MBA career. I remember there is a few Kelloggers' blog with their aspirations on PE, you may research for that.

Good luck!

Zonia
117#
发表于 2010-11-26 17:02:20 | 只看该作者
Zonia, 是不是提交part I 就会被review 看要不要给interview的机会,还是只有两部分提交完了才会被adom review决定是否给interview invitation啊?要不要尽早提交part I? 谢谢。
118#
 楼主| 发表于 2010-12-2 01:25:52 | 只看该作者
Zonia, 是不是提交part I 就会被review 看要不要给interview的机会,还是只有两部分提交完了才会被adom review决定是否给interview invitation啊?要不要尽早提交part I? 谢谢。
-- by 会员 candyman (2010/11/26 17:02:20)

Hi candyman,

The interview invitation depend solely on Part I, so try your very best to send in your Part I application ASAP. But the adcom review for offers would wait until your profile is completed with essay and interview report.
Good luck!

Zonia
119#
发表于 2010-12-2 23:10:36 | 只看该作者
Hi Zonia,

Thank you so much for your precious time to answer questions here. I have a question about the application process. I submit my part1 resume in R1, while my part2 essays and recommendations couldn’t catch up with the D/L for R1. Therefore I plan to apply for R2. However, you mentioned that adcom will mail out the interview invitation solely based on part1 submission. The truth is that I haven’t received any invitation yet, and tomorrow is the last day for R1 off-campus interview D/L. Dose this mean that I’ve been dinged by the adcom already? Or because I didn’t submit my part2 accordingly therefore I was considered as later rounds? Should I contact the adcom office to confirm the status?

Kindly let me know your suggestion. Thank you so much. Look forward to your respond.
120#
 楼主| 发表于 2010-12-3 02:36:28 | 只看该作者
Hi Zonia,

Thank you so much for your precious time to answer questions here. I have a question about the application process. I submit my part1 resume in R1, while my part2 essays and recommendations couldn’t catch up with the D/L for R1. Therefore I plan to apply for R2. However, you mentioned that adcom will mail out the interview invitation solely based on part1 submission. The truth is that I haven’t received any invitation yet, and tomorrow is the last day for R1 off-campus interview D/L. Dose this mean that I’ve been dinged by the adcom already? Or because I didn’t submit my part2 accordingly therefore I was considered as later rounds? Should I contact the adcom office to confirm the status?

Kindly let me know your suggestion. Thank you so much. Look forward to your respond.
-- by 会员 Liz99 (2010/12/2 23:10:36)

Hi Liz99,

Yes, interview invitation is solely based on part I. However, the deadline only applies to the interview "request". The time it takes from "request" to getting interview invitation / waiver would be around 6 - 8 weeks (We dun work during thanksgiving and christmas~). There, you can expect the "deadline" for invitation / waiver would be 6 - 8 weeks after the announced deadline for your "request".

As far as I know, Kellogg would contact each and everyone to give you either an interview or waiver. I would recommend you to contact the admissions office if you have waited the 8 weeks. (Counting from the day you submitted Part 1)

Good luck to your application!

Zonia
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-9-20 08:12
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部