返回列表 发新帖
楼主: ecsniffer
打印 上一主题 下一主题

请教 og-153

[复制链接]
31#
发表于 2011-11-30 17:33:16 | 只看该作者
刚看到ron大神上周在manhattan更新了这道题的解释。。。如果这道题的题眼确在ron大神指出的地方 怕是上面得各位大神们都想多了。。。

read the passage carefully: the conclusion is about "the price per barrel to which oil would have to rise (theoretically) in order for new solar power plants to be more economical".
therefore, we are thinking about a potential threshold price for oil at which something would happen. the current price of oil -- or, indeed, the current state of absolutely anything regarding oil -- is irrelevant, so you can strike choices a/c very quickly.

here's an analogy, if you don't understand:
let's say i'm looking at a pair of pants with a 32-inch waist.
if the passage discusses “the waist size i would have to reach to wear these pants”, then that is 32 inches, regardless of my current waist size (which is completely irrelevant).
32#
发表于 2012-6-2 21:26:57 | 只看该作者
The threshold of economic viability for solar power (that is, the price per barrel to which oil would have to rise in order for new solar power plants to be more economical than new oil-fired power plants)--- means:The oil-fired power should have been more economical than solar power, but only if the oil rises to $35, the solar power could be more economical than oil power.

So we can tell, if the cost of solar power reduces, which means solar power is more economically viable, the threshold of economic viability should be lower, maybe to $30, because oil price doesn’t need to make so much sacrifice for solar power’s success. However, the threshold is still $35, it means that the oil power at the same time also gets more efficient. In a conclusion, oil price still need to make such a big sacrifice - % 35, to help keep solar power's economic viability.

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-4-27 16:36
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部