返回列表 发新帖
楼主: 刚刚
打印 上一主题 下一主题

[申请总结] GMAT 730,德勤ERS,三年后想去美国~

[复制链接]
11#
 楼主| 发表于 2016-7-15 22:01:26 | 只看该作者
刚刚 发表于 2016-7-15 20:05
The risk management you will be doing requires a quite different skill set from banking in general.  ...

很感谢楼主的回复!
还不是很习惯用英文交流 ,所以我想用中文再问一些问题:
1. 我的最终目标还是去投行,毕竟投行才是钱多的地方(基于我对投行浅薄的认识,我只希望去一个钱多的地方),所以楼主的建议是我尽快跳出去银行工作?这个尽快是指,直接换一份工作,而不需要在德勤积攒经验锻炼技能吗?
2.如果是修读海外的MBA,我是该先跳出银行工作后再去吧(毕竟之前靠我毕业时候的背景,申不到很好的学校)?那您的建议是先工作几年再出去会比较好呢?
3.您觉得我这样的背景可以跳去银行的哪些部门?外资行的可能性高吗?

为了不麻烦您翻回去看我的背景,我重复一下:
本人广东一所211高校,本科学生物工科(绩点:3.48/5),双学位金融(3,47/5),
因为毕业想读研转金融,考过雅思7.0,gmat730
但是太冲动了,非top10不申,最后也只拿到个兰卡的金融计量offer
于是,在招聘季,拿了德勤ERS(企业风险管理服务部)(部门主要是做内控管理的,梳理流程写底稿找缺陷提建议,当然也有做咨询类、风险类等的项目但是不成熟 / by the way,也在准备考CPA)的offer,入职中。。。

【我的提问 again】
12#
 楼主| 发表于 2016-7-15 22:02:21 | 只看该作者
刚刚 发表于 2016-7-15 22:01
很感谢楼主的回复!
还不是很习惯用英文交流 ,所以我想用中文再问一些问题:
1. 我的最终目标还是去投行 ...

Thanks for your question again.

#1. 如果你可以找到和德勤对等的银行工作,例如是花旗、摩根、汇丰之类的企业银行/投资银行管培生的职位,我建议你可以考虑一下。但如果是二三流外资银行,或者是国资银行,除非你将来定位是在国内发展,否则我不建议你放弃目前德勤的职位。

#2. 今年刚毕业的小鲜肉们不需要着急,准备MBA的路程很长,你们有很多路要走,有很多事情要搞明白。我的看法是,MBA是在你有一个非常认真可行的职业规划,并且取得了相当的职业成熟度和社会阅历成熟度以后,再选择一个恰当的时机(避免入学时市场高峰,毕业时金融危机的尴尬局面)选择申请入学。无论你Pre-MBA做什么类型的工作,必须要努力拓宽自己的商业性视野,培养对市场和行业的关注度和敏感度,这样以后你进入MBA才有机会成为佼佼者,才有可能脱颖而出,在日益血腥的竞争中,占据不败之地。

#3. 基于你未来想申请国外MBA,想进入一个国际化的平台来实现你的职业梦想的前提来考量,德勤风险控制咨询的背景其实非常不错。所以在#1里我说只有顶级银行的管培生职位才可以交换你现在德勤的职位。既然你已经申请过了国外研究生,那我就默认你的希望走国际化道路的。

根据你字里行间反馈的内容,我觉得你能力不错,接下来几年需要锻炼的重点是职业和社交成熟度。单位里多和那些具有相当人格魅力和职业素养的经理人接触,跟他们多看多想多学习,会对你大有帮助。

祝一切好运!

【Still by gordonmwu】 非常感谢他!
13#
发表于 2016-7-15 22:11:33 | 只看该作者
刚刚 发表于 2016-7-15 20:56
你跟我背景类似吗?

不太像,不过我也是在职。
14#
 楼主| 发表于 2016-7-15 22:46:57 | 只看该作者
Crystal_Chai 发表于 2016-7-15 22:11
不太像,不过我也是在职。

也在广州吗?哈哈,我可以向你请教一下,工作之后选择出去读书时怎样的感受吗?
15#
发表于 2016-7-16 13:43:58 | 只看该作者
Hey there!
Great to hear from you and thanks for your VERY specific questions, They help me help you. Let’s just jump right into things, shall we?

1. How to improve myself in Deloitte ERS in these 3 years. (I’m preparing CPA. My dept. is responsible for internal control management)

A few things:
1. Do as well as you can. Meaning try and get early promotions
2. Take EVERY and ANY leadership opportunity possible - mentoring, training, organizing, leading, etc.
3. Go out of your way to involve yourself in volunteer/social aspects of work - organize trips and barbecues, participate in pro bono work, run fundraisers...

2. In order to join investment bank, should I apply for Master of Finance or MBA?

Either. Depends on your desired role. But in IB there is a lot of overlap. MF trends to be more finance heavy. And MBA tends to be more generalist. But for all intents and purposes many grads from both programs pursue similar jobs in banking.

3. Will my background is so simple with only experience in Deloitte? Should I transfer to securities trader or foreign capital bank 2 years later? (GMAT is valid for 5 years, so I can work for 4 years at most)

Think in terms of your long-term goals. If you can transfer to something more prestigious and/or closer to your desired goals, by all means do so.

4. If I don’t pursue the Master and only collect working experience, can I transfer to investment bank? Which preparation I should do?

People also do this, although an MBA makes it easier, by giving you time to learn, and more importantly to intern and get recruited. But as above - start collecting skills and knowledge in your target area. And then… make friends Networking your butt off will get you far in this world.

I hope I have answered all your questions, and if you have any more do not hesitate,
Best,
Jon Frank
16#
 楼主| 发表于 2016-7-16 21:18:37 | 只看该作者
JonFrank 发表于 2016-7-16 13:43
Hey there!
Great to hear from you and thanks for your VERY specific questions, They help me help you ...

非常感谢您的回答!
基于您的意见,我还有几个问题想继续咨询您:
1.由于我本科学的只是生物医学工程,以及双学位金融,金融背景不强,如果选择继续工作积累人脉,进而跳槽到投行,会不会由于我的背景原因而被拒之门外?毕竟,很多投行都是研究生学历以上...
2.其实我现在还没有一个清晰的职业规划,说白了,我的职业方向就是以钱为导向的,哪里钱多想去哪?针对我的现状,您对我的职业规划有什么建议吗?
3.您在回复中提到的人脉,我也了解过投行其实最赚钱的是承揽业务,说白了就是拉项目,所以现在很多投行喜欢官二代、富二代,毕竟他们在这方面很有优势,而我是不具备这样的背景。在这种情况下,在德勤工作唯一能联系到的就是我们的客户,但是客户关系以及公司老板层面的关系处理都是由经理来完成的,我该如何积累我的人脉呢?

职场小鲜肉烦恼多多,烦请大神见多不怪
17#
发表于 2016-7-17 18:51:14 | 只看该作者
刚刚 发表于 2016-7-16 21:18
非常感谢您的回答!
基于您的意见,我还有几个问题想继续咨询您:
1.由于我本科学的只是生物医学工程,以 ...

I was at Audit Department in Deloitte GZ Branch one year ago. I think we can communicate in some fields. As your career goals, I suggest you keep digging in your original aspects which is bio-tech. When you come across some objects or deals later in IBD or some specific situation, you will have advantages because of your comprehensive background.
18#
 楼主| 发表于 2016-7-17 21:11:33 | 只看该作者
justforiris 发表于 2016-7-17 18:51
I was at Audit Department in Deloitte GZ Branch one year ago. I think we can communicate in some f ...

Thank you for your answer.
1.According to what you mentioned, i think you have switched to other compangy better than deloitte. Could you pleas show me something about your career path or how/why you make this choice?
2.Your suggestion that I can dig in my original aspect is a great point I've never thought about. But what aspects should I dig in? You mean professional knowledge about bio,information about bio industry or enterprise , or the future development trends...?
19#
 楼主| 发表于 2016-7-19 00:07:46 | 只看该作者
Mark一下!               
20#
发表于 2016-7-20 00:36:32 | 只看该作者
刚刚 发表于 2016-7-16 21:18
非常感谢您的回答!
基于您的意见,我还有几个问题想继续咨询您:
1.由于我本科学的只是生物医学工程,以 ...

Dear Sir,
I understand your issue, and basically I think a pursuit of a  Masters degree is the best way for you to move to your desired field. Given your experience, it seems currently unlikely that you will be able to naturally move into your desired field without the help of an MBA or MF, which is fine!!! After all, that is why they exist

As for how to build your network, that’s up to you. But meet people, attend conferences, keep up the network you have, and so on…

I hope this helps!!!
Best,
Jon Frank
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-4-25 22:59
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部