ChaseDream
搜索
12345下一页
返回列表 发新帖
00:00:00

When hypnotized subjects are told that they are deaf and are then asked whether they can hear the hypnotist, they reply, "No." Some theorists try to explain this result by arguing that the selves of hypnotized subjects are dissociated into separate parts, and that the part that is deaf is dissociated from the part that replies.

Which of the following challenges indicates the most serious weakness in the attempted explanation described above?

正确答案: A

相关帖子

更多...

更多相关帖子

帖子

好友

积分

ChaseDream

注册时间
2003-03-17
精华
解析
查看: 20415|回复: 40
打印 上一主题 下一主题

OG12-CR63

[复制链接]
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2011-6-28 09:46:32 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
When hypnotized subjects are told that they are deaf
and are then asked whether they can hear the
hypnotist, they reply, “No.” Some theorists try to
explain this result by arguing that the selves of
hypnotized subjects are dissociated into separate
parts, and that the part that is deaf is dissociated
from the part that replies.
Which of the following challenges indicates the most
serious weakness in the attempted explanation
described above?
(A) Why does the part that replies not answer, “Yes”?
(B) Why are the observed facts in need of any
special explanation?
(C) Why do the subjects appear to accept the
hypnotist’s suggestion that they are deaf?
(D) Why do hypnotized subjects all respond the
same way in the situation described?
(E) Why are the separate parts of the self the same
for all subjects?

求教各位大牛,题意不太理解,什么叫“that the selves ofhypnotized subjects are dissociated into separate
parts, and that the part that is deaf is dissociatedfrom the part that replies”,测试者到底是把什么分成了两部分,答案为什么要选A??十分感谢!!!
收藏收藏2 收藏收藏2
推荐
发表于 2012-5-7 17:04:49 | 只看该作者
说一下个人对于C选项的理解:
对于C选项——为什么这个实验对象接受自己是聋子的事实?OG解释的意思是说:如果题目中的理论是正确的话,那么就可以回答这个问题了,因为这个实验对象把自己分为了几个独立的部分,所以其中某一个部分可以接受自己是聋子的事实。所以说C选项的这个问题不但没有指出题目中理论的缺陷,反而提出了可以被题目中理论解释的问题。
沙发
发表于 2011-6-28 10:14:05 | 只看该作者
that the selves of hypnotized subjects are dissociated into separate parts, and that the part that is deaf is dissociatedfrom the part that replies.

A person who is hypnotized is called "a hypnotized subject." This person is divided into two parts, one part is deaf and the other part is not deaf and could reply. However, there is NO communication between these two parts.

Since the deaf part and the replying part are dissociated from each other, we can deduce the part that replies is not deaf.  Thus, when answering the question "Can you hear me?", they should reply "Yes!"
板凳
发表于 2011-7-9 17:04:17 | 只看该作者
还是没看明白……
地板
发表于 2011-7-11 18:11:09 | 只看该作者
那为什么OG12的解释说,C D “if true, can help answer this question”,所以不是weaken。。
5#
发表于 2011-7-12 10:41:44 | 只看该作者
UP UP UP
6#
发表于 2011-7-14 15:21:34 | 只看该作者
顶阿啊啊啊啊
7#
发表于 2011-7-14 16:41:05 | 只看该作者
The two parts listed in the reasoning just like two individuals, one individual is deaf (hereinafter referred to as A), but the other (that is the replier) is not (Hereinafter referred to as B). When I ask A: Can you hear me? Then how will A respond to me? Absolutely, A will give no response to me, because A is deaf, it can hear nothing. Right? Ok, then when I ask B: Can you hear me? Then how will B respond to me? It is logic that B will answer: YES! Because B is not deaf, so it can actually hear what I said. It doesn't make sense if an individual with good hearing to reply "NO" to the said question!
8#
发表于 2011-7-16 10:59:21 | 只看该作者
I got your point, but what confuses me is that why the answer D can be explained by the explanation of the passage?
9#
发表于 2011-7-16 18:59:11 | 只看该作者
I got your point, but what confuses me is that why the answer D can be explained by the explanation of the passage?
-- by 会员 wtylys (2011/7/16 10:59:21)

In my view, for C, if we hypothesise that the explanation given by the theorists is true, i.e. we suppose that it is a fact that the  selves of hypnotized subjects are dissociated into separate parts, and that the part that is deaf is dissociated from the part that replies. Therefore, the DEAF PART of the self will actually affect the thinking or behaviors (Appear to accept that they are deaf) of the hypnotized subjects, because our behaviors are in fact commanded by our consciousness or something like SELF. So the OG said that THE THEORISTS' EXPLANATION, IF TRUE, CAN HELP ANSWER THIS QUESTION, SO THIS CHALLENGE DOES NOT INDICATE A WEAKNESS.
For D, for the same reason, the REPLY PART of the self will affect the REPLY METHOD of the hypnotized subjects, therefore, the subjects will reply in the same way under the influence of the REPLY PART.

The above is my personal views, only for your reference.
10#
发表于 2011-7-16 19:05:10 | 只看该作者
BTW, I think this CR question perhaps involves some knowledge of philosophy.
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-9-17 05:35
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部