牛牛们好。本人最近非常困惑,想请教下我这样的履历如何去奢侈品行业或者FMCG?

先说下本人的背景:

2004年从top10(武汉)学校毕业,读的Journalism专业。

然后在一家财经类周报(北京)做Reporter,主要从事文化创意产业经济的报道。

2007年初转行进入一家知名的民营IT企业(北京)做PR,企业于去年在香港IPO,我全程参与。

现在发现,IT并不是我要的行业,而且目前的企业在未来N多年内不会有质的飞跃,再者,主营业务游戏行业我没有特别的兴趣。非常困惑。

逐渐发现对奢侈品行业非常有兴趣,自己觉得还有这方面的sense,未来也看好这个行业,因此想去奢侈品行业做PR或者IMC。但是投了多家包括奢侈品公司,都没回音。

也曾想过去读MBA,比如ESSEC等,但是履历同样是录取与否的一大问题,另外还有学费,目前还没有能力去负担,而且一年不工作。

请教下牛牛们,我这样的履历,转去做奢侈品PR有多大难度?有什么样的途径可以去奢侈品行业?

非常感谢!

沙发
 楼主| 发表于 2008-8-6 11:23:00 | 只看该作者

帖子没人理,自己顶下

板凳
 楼主| 发表于 2008-8-12 14:43:00 | 只看该作者

没人NN们回复解答一下吗?自己顶

地板
发表于 2008-8-12 16:24:00 | 只看该作者

什么是PR啊

什么是IMC啊?

5#
 楼主| 发表于 2008-8-15 16:51:00 | 只看该作者

PR 是 public relationship,公共关系,简称公关。广义上的公共关系通常被理解为包括几个部分的关系,如投资者关系(IR),政府关系,媒体关系,客户关系,消费者关系等;狭义上的PR通常只认为是媒体关系,包括电视、报纸、杂志、广播、网络等媒体关系的维护和舆论的引导。

IMC是Integrated Marketing Communication(整合营销传播)的缩写,貌似在国内没有做的。关于这个的定义和理解,比较多也比较杂。你可以翻阅相关资料。

6#
发表于 2008-8-16 08:32:00 | 只看该作者

回复:(calvin_lau)求助,想去奢侈品行业做PR或者IM...

Good that you have P.R. experience already, but as you know, IT P.R. experience is very different from Luxury P.R.  Luxury P.R. is entirely focused on dealing with fashion and beauty magazines, while my guess for I.T. is that you are dealing mostly with the business publications.

You may want to try to get into Beauty industry's P.R. first, as Luxury people like to recruite from that industry.  For instance, just ask around, all major fashion houses recruite P.R. talents from L'Oreal's P.R. pool.  Another choice would be lP.R. background in international FMCG companies.

If you really want to switch, I suggest you adjust your resume to reflect your general P.R. skills you have, and not focus too much on your I.T. industry background.  Luxury really don't care if you worked on an IPO or not either.  What's valuable to them is how close you are to the fashion and beauty editors of Vogue, ELLE and Rayli! 

It would help if you start networking and talking to people in luxury, beauty, and FMCG.  Find out what skills are needed in their P.R. positions and adjust your resume accordingly.   Also, just use your P.R. skills and build relationships with these people so you are aware of any opportunities that come up.
7#
 楼主| 发表于 2008-8-19 14:39:00 | 只看该作者

Thank you, backinshanghai,

for your considerate answer and for your suggestions.

I know IT P.R. experience is very different from luxury P.R, so that I speak out my confusion.

Actually, I have been dealing with all kinds of press, including newspapers, magazines, TV shows, radio programs, portal internet. Yes, as what you said, what I am dealing mostly with business publications. But this experiences let me know many things about how the publications operated. Adding more than 3 years expeiences as a correspondent(more than 1 year internship in TV station), I think I know more about P.R.

While, I think I know something about how the fashion magazines operated. I also know some of the correspondents from Vogue(Chinese), Esquire(Chinese),  Robb Report(Chinese) and some kind of these fashion and luxury magazines.

And the most important thing is that I think I have some bit of the sense of this glamourous industry.

Good luck to myself! And thanks to backinshanghai again!

8#
发表于 2008-8-20 19:10:00 | 只看该作者

"但是投了多家包括奢侈品公司,都没回音."

So why is it that you think you're not getting the desired responses?

9#
发表于 2008-8-20 19:13:00 | 只看该作者

"And the most important thing is that I think I have some bit of the sense of this glamourous industry."

And it always worries me that people see the "glamorous" facade, but not the sweat and daily grind behind it.

But at least you got the passion.  Good luck. 

10#
 楼主| 发表于 2008-8-21 13:08:00 | 只看该作者

Thanks! 

I know that there are full of daily grind and trifles behind every glamorous facade.Especially in this industry many people will always face the inbalance between the ideal and the practical, but I think I can deal with that.

backinshanghai,I appreciate for your words. And would like to give me your MSN account? I want to have a deep conversation with you. Mine is calvin_lau1(A) hotmail.com.

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-4-24 04:57
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部