楼主: 流沙
打印 上一主题 下一主题

[校友答疑] Judge Business School Q&A

[精华] [复制链接]
91#
 楼主| 发表于 2007-3-8 05:42:00 | 只看该作者
以下是引用Amw在2007-3-5 7:45:00的发言:

Liusha,

Thank you for the information you provided about JBS MBA. I'm also intrested in applying for JBS MBA as it is strong on entrepreneurship and creativity.

I have worked many years in engineering and technology in few countries and now working in UK. My future career goal is to set up a high tech start-up, but it depends on whether having chance to attract venture capital.

Would you be able to give some information about previous MBA graduates who set up their own company and whether there are some VC intrested in contacting/investing on those start-up.

Thanks,

cambridge has a lot of vcs, such as 3i, cambridge angel and library house. However, bear in mind that getting investment needs really hardworking and solid networking even though Cambridge does provide a lot of opportunities for entrepreneurs to connect with VCs.

If you viewed website of JBS, you will find several MBAs started their own business in cambridge sucessfully. As far as I know, there are about 5 (at least) starting business immediately after MBA. But I am not sure whether they contacted VC or not.

Here we have business idea competition, business creation competition as well as VC competition. If your project is good enough, dont worry too much about money in my opionion.

92#
发表于 2007-3-9 07:08:00 | 只看该作者

Thanks, Liusha.

I know few people, their project was won the first prize in the business competition of Cambridge. After that they set up their own business few years ago and now is planing to float in NASQ.

93#
发表于 2007-3-26 20:18:00 | 只看该作者

Dear liusha,

Some questions have puzzled me before I decide to apply JUS, would you like to answer those as follows,

1.  I heard from the web(http://baike.baidu.com/view/13714.htm) that “剑桥大学向来是以考试制度严格而闻名的,每科课程只考一次,没有补考的机会,考试如果未获通过,其结果只有离开剑桥。” Is it same as MBA?

2.   How to test each course? close-book test ,or open-book test, or submitting paper only?

Thanks a lot.

94#
发表于 2007-3-26 22:25:00 | 只看该作者

Dear Liusha:

Again, thanks for your assistance and contribution!

I am reading other forums and informed that in the current OX MBA class, there are 84 Indians(including internation Indians), How about the situation in Cambridge? Heard in INSEAD singapore, Indian students are also the absolute majority.

95#
发表于 2007-3-26 22:26:00 | 只看该作者

Hi Liu Sha and everyone,

I have some questions regarding to the post-MBA career and the program's reputation of cambridge and oxford (I'd assume both programs are in similar situation), pls help.

1。oxbridge MBA 在欧洲的知名度和认可程度如何?
2。毕业后想进management consulting (McK,BCG,Bain...) 或IB的机会多吗?
3。毕业后中国学生在欧美找工作的情况如何?大多都在什么行业
4。中国学生是不是大部分在毕业前都会有offer
5。印度人的比例是多少 (funny Q but it does matter)
6。如果回国,香港或在新加坡工作,oxford的牌子是不是对以上问题1,2,3,4有很大的积极作用?
7。said business school 的网上说,said MBA 毕业生的平均起薪是64+K pounds, 据大家了解,这个薪水普遍吗?中国学生的薪水比这个高还是底(平均)
8。在欧美,oxford和美国rank 10-20的MBA program, 哪个更有竞争力(generally speaking)

Thanks in advance and really appreciate your info

[此贴子已经被作者于2007-3-26 22:28:12编辑过]
96#
发表于 2007-3-26 22:34:00 | 只看该作者
以下是引用steffie在2007-3-26 22:25:00的发言:

Dear Liusha:

Again, thanks for your assistance and contribution!

I am reading other forums and informed that in the current OX MBA class, there are 84 Indians(including internation Indians), How about the situation in Cambridge? Heard in INSEAD singapore, Indian students are also the absolute majority.

Indians are flooding everywhere (sorry, no offensive, in case any indian readers here). INSEAD singapore does have many indians but definitely not majority. "Many indians" because singapore has a lot of indians (residence, students, migrated families etc), but they are not majority in INSEAD because the school wont allow any nationalities to exceed 12% of the class population. and I didnt see many when I visited the school in Singapore.

just my 2cents

[此贴子已经被作者于2007-3-26 22:36:37编辑过]
97#
发表于 2007-3-26 23:16:00 | 只看该作者
以下是引用vimaworld在2007-3-26 22:26:00的发言:

Hi Liu Sha and everyone,

I have some questions regarding to the post-MBA career and the program's reputation of cambridge and oxford (I'd assume both programs are in similar situation), pls help.

1。oxbridge MBA 在欧洲的知名度和认可程度如何?
2。毕业后想进management consulting (McK,BCG,Bain...) 或IB的机会多吗?
3。毕业后中国学生在欧美找工作的情况如何?大多都在什么行业
4。中国学生是不是大部分在毕业前都会有offer
5。印度人的比例是多少 (funny Q but it does matter)
6。如果回国,香港或在新加坡工作,oxford(oxbridge?)的牌子是不是对以上问题1,2,3,4有很大的积极作用?
7。said business school 的网上说,said MBA 毕业生的平均起薪是64+K pounds, 据大家了解,这个薪水普遍吗?中国学生的薪水比这个高还是底(平均)
8。在欧美,oxford(oxbridge?)和美国rank 10-20的MBA program, 哪个更有竞争力(generally speaking)

Thanks in advance and really appreciate your info

These questions are exactly what I am concerning right now, too. I think Vima referred to OXBRIDGE when he wrote OXFORD in his note.

Besides, I am also eager to know if the judge programme is well-designed for career-changers. It is a 1-year programme afterall.

I guess you are currently busy with your consulting project. Thanks for your kindness and patience in advace.

98#
发表于 2007-3-27 01:48:00 | 只看该作者
Indian is the majority for INSEAD Singapore(at least the present class), this is what I am informed when I joined the INSEAD event and showed by INSEAD staffs, the alumni friends endorse it as well.
99#
发表于 2007-4-2 17:04:00 | 只看该作者

Hi,

Just went through this wonderful Q&A area, very helpful.

Here comes my background, could any "helper" give any comments?

BSc in China, top engineering institution;

MSc in UK, Cass Business School;

Working experience, 3 yrs in a Big 4 Shanghai office, focus on Finance services industry.

I am thinking about going to Judge, Said or LBS for the MBA study. Based on your experience, what do I need to improve to secure the offer in those schools?  Thx a lot~~

[此贴子已经被作者于2007-4-2 17:05:52编辑过]
100#
发表于 2007-4-3 01:19:00 | 只看该作者

Hi Liusha 

I am supposed to apply 2008 JBS MBA and I need your advice.

Here is my background : UK msc finance&management from University of Exeter.

3 year working expereince;Now I am wokring in a top 500 company.But most candidate and current MBA students have 6 years (average) or more working expereince.It is my big concern.

How is JBS' finance perspective compared with Said?

Please advice.Thank you!

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

IESE MBA
近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-9-27 21:24
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部