ChaseDream
搜索
返回列表 发新帖
00:00:00

Frobisher, a sixteenth-century English explorer, had soil samples from Canada's Kodlunarn Island examined for gold content. Because high gold content was reported, Elizabeth I funded two mining expeditions. Neither expedition found any gold there. Modern analysis of the island's soil indicates a very low gold content. Thus the methods used to determine the gold content of Frobisher's samples must have been inaccurate.

Which of the following is an assumption on which the argument depends?

正确答案: E

更多相关帖子

帖子

好友

积分

ChaseDream

注册时间
2003-03-17
精华
解析
查看: 3172|回复: 0
打印 上一主题 下一主题

[Helr题库] 关于ASSUMPTION削弱取反的问题

[复制链接]
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2014-11-7 16:17:36 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
我做ASSUMPTION题经常就是用削弱取反的方法来做的,但是最近做了几道题错后发现,其实取反并不能削弱结论于是我就纳闷了,比如这道GWD上的:

Frobisher, a sixteenth-century English explorer, had soil samples from Canada's Kodlunarn Island examined for gold content. Because high gold content was reported, Elizabeth I funded two mining expeditions. Neither expedition found any gold there. Modern analysis of the island's soil indicates a very low gold content. Thus the methods used to determine the gold content of Frobisher's samples must have been inaccurate.

Which of the following is an assumption on which the argument depends?

• AThe gold content of the soil on Kodlunarn Island is much lower today than it was in the sixteenth century.  
  • BThe two mining expeditions funded by Elizabeth I did not mine the same part of Kodlunarn Island.  
  • CThe methods used to assess gold content of the soil samples provided by Frobisher were different from those generally used in the sixteenth century.  
  • DFrobisher did not have soil samples from any other Canadian island examined for gold content.  
  • EGold was not added to the soil samples collected by Frobisher before the samples were examined.  
  • 正确答案是E,我选的是B,我当时做题的时候确实看过答案E,并且将它取反,就是GOLD WAS ADDED TO THE SOIL SAMPLES COLLECTED BY F BEFORE THE SAMPLES WERE EXAMINED.
  • 这样子的话,就是说F在检测soil之前就已经加了金子进去,那么确实会造成测量结果不准确,并没有削弱结论的意思呀,求大神解释~~

收藏收藏 收藏收藏
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-4-27 14:56
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部