ChaseDream
搜索
返回列表 发新帖
查看: 15811|回复: 6

lsat-22-3-23

[复制链接]
发表于 2004-12-24 02:41:00 | 显示全部楼层

lsat-22-3-23

23. Arnold: I was recently denied a seat on an airline flight for which I had a confirmed reservation, because the airline had overbooked the flight. Since I was forced to fly on the next available flight, which did not depart until two hours later, I missed an important business meeting. Even though the flight on which I had a reservation was canceled at the last minute due to bad weather, the airline should still pay me compensation for denying me a seat on the flight. Jamie: The airline is not morally obligated to pay you any compensation. Even if you had not been denied a seat on the earlier flight, you would have missed your business meeting anyway.

A principle that, if established, justifies Jamie's response to Arnold is that an airline is morally obligated to compensate a passenger who has been denied a seat on a flight for which the passenger has confirmed reservations

(A) if the only reason the passenger is forced to take a later flight is that the airline overbooked the original flight

(B) only if there is a reason the passenger is forced to take a later flight other than the original flight's being canceled due to bad weather

(C) only if the passenger would not have been forced to take a later flight had the airline not overbooked the original flight

(D) even if the only reason the passenger is forced to take a later flight were that the original flight is canceled due to bad weather

(E) even if the passenger would still have been forced to take a later flight had the airline not overbooked the original flight

用排除法选出了c,可是大脑极度缺氧实在搞不清这个双重否定到底想说什么???

发表于 2004-12-24 06:45:00 | 显示全部楼层
the airline had not overbooked the original flight  only if the passenger would not have been forced to take a later flight
 楼主| 发表于 2004-12-24 07:16:00 | 显示全部楼层

A principle that, if established, justifies Jamie's response to Arnold is that an airline is morally obligated to compensate a passenger who has been denied a seat on a flight for which the passenger has confirmed reservations   only if the passenger would not have been forced to take a later flight had the airline not overbooked the original flight

等于:

A principle that, if established, justifies Jamie's response to Arnold is that an airline is morally obligated to compensate a passenger who has been denied a seat on a flight for which the passenger has confirmed reservations    the airline had not overbooked the original flight  only if the passenger would not have been forced to take a later flight
还是没开窍

发表于 2004-12-24 07:46:00 | 显示全部楼层

该原则为:补偿的必要条件是:如果航空公司没有overbook,则顾客不必坐晚一点的班机。

原文A说的情况是:如果航空公司没有overbook,则顾客也必须坐晚一点的班机。即补偿的必要条件没满足。故不必补偿。即使J的观点合理化

楼主| 发表于 2004-12-24 08:01:00 | 显示全部楼层

这下明白了,原来是个虚拟语气!

lawyer果然内功深厚!服了!

楼主| 发表于 2004-12-24 09:20:00 | 显示全部楼层

I try to post my thinking here. Hope to benefit following CDer bewildered by this question.

The principle is : if the airline not overbooked, then the passenger will not be forced to take the later flight.This is the only condition that the airline is responsible for the trouble incurred by overbook.

But in this case, if the airline didn’t over booked, the passenger still would be forced to take the later flight due to the bad weather, and still the following trouble. This is inconsistent with the principle, so the airline is not morally obligated, hence Jamie’s argument is justified.

[此贴子已经被作者于2004-12-24 9:46:06编辑过]
发表于 2019-8-15 18:54:44 | 显示全部楼层
mage 发表于 2004-12-24 02:41
23. Arnold: I was recently denied a seat on an airline flight for which I had a confirmed reservatio ...

Spot the question type: Principle

So, Jamie believe that Airline is not morally obligated to pay any compensation, since regardless of being denied a seat on the earlier flight or not, he would have missed meeting. ( Why ? Bad weather )

If he still missed meeting due to be denied a seat on the easier flight, then airline is morally obligated to pay compensations.

A. it does not to be the only reason, but it does have to be one of the reasons which excludes weather issue.

B. Perhaps there are other reasons to have passengers take a later flight, but we have not really looked into those reasons.

C. If airline had not overbooked the original flight, then passenger should not have been forced to take a later flight.

Contrapositive: If passenger should have been forced to take a later flight, it must be true that airline overbooked the original flight.

Correct answer.
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

所属分类: 法学院申请

近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-3-29 16:37
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部