ChaseDream
搜索
返回列表 发新帖
00:00:00

Bank depositors in the United States are all financially protected against bank failure because the government insures all individuals' bank deposits.An economist argues that this insurance is partly responsible for the high rate of bank failures, since it removes from depositors any financial incentive to find out whether the bank that holds their money is secure against failure.If depositors were more selective.then banks would need to be secure in order to compete for depositors' money.

Which of he following, if true, most seriously weakens the economist s argument?

正确答案: B

更多相关帖子

帖子

好友

积分

ChaseDream

注册时间
2003-03-17
精华
解析
查看: 3279|回复: 5
打印 上一主题 下一主题

og-131

[复制链接]
楼主
发表于 2004-11-5 14:33:00 | 只看该作者

og-131

Bank depositors in the United States are all financially protected against bank failure because the government insures all individuals' bank deposits. An economist argues that this insurance is partly responsible for the high rate of bank failures, since it removes from depositors any financial incentive to find out whether the bank that holds their money is secure against failure. If depositors were more selective, then banks would need to be secure in order to compete for depositors' money.

131. Which of the following, if true, most seriously weakens the economist's argument?

(A) Before the government started to insure depositors against bank failure, there was a lower rate of bank failure than there is now.

(B) When the government did not insure deposits, frequent bank failures occurred as a result of depositors' fears of losing money in bank failures.

(C) Surveys show that a significant proportion of depositors are aware that their deposits are insured by the government.

(D) There is an upper limit on the amount of an individual's deposit that the government will insure, but very few individuals' deposits exceed thislimit.

(E) The security of a bank against failure depends on the percentage of its assets that are loaned out and also on how much risk its loans involve.

key is B. What's wrong with E? E 直接说明还有别的原因决定bank failure,weaken了economist 的government insurance is responsible for bank failure.

tks.

沙发
发表于 2004-11-5 19:54:00 | 只看该作者

原文结论并没说政府保险是唯一原因,而只是说partly responsible

板凳
 楼主| 发表于 2004-11-6 12:06:00 | 只看该作者
以下是引用lawyer_1在2004-11-5 19:54:00的发言:

原文结论并没说政府保险是唯一原因,而只是说partly responsible

thanks, lawyer

地板
发表于 2006-3-16 07:01:00 | 只看该作者

NN:

How do you understand "depend on"?  I think A depend on B means B is the main reason of causing A, so I think the answer "e" is right?  Another question is that accoring to XDF's class ,A depend on B mans B is necessary to A ,a->b, but I donot think so. For example, whether I go there depends on whether you go there.

you go->I go, you do not go->I will not go, so I think depend onA depend on B is A<->B

thanks!

5#
发表于 2006-3-17 13:13:00 | 只看该作者

这里有个关键词depositors were more selective

是否是depositors 有能力做这件事呢,B 正是说明了depositors 根本没有能力去做这件事,因为所有的BANK 都不行,他都没的选

6#
发表于 2007-3-27 15:21:00 | 只看该作者

我有问题:如果没有B选项的话,是否能选A选项,我认为A选项一定程度上说明政府的行为和银行的failure有关。

请问我这个想法对不对?

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-9-19 10:33
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部