搜索
返回列表 发新帖
楼主: sdcar2010
打印 上一主题 下一主题

SDCAR2010【逻辑入门】(五)Proceed by

[精华] [复制链接]
31#
发表于 2011-12-2 02:39:14 | 只看该作者
3) Many plant varieties used in industrially developed nations to improve cultivated crops come from less developed nations. No compensation is paid on the grounds that the plants used are "the common heritage of humanity."Such reasoning is, however, flawed. After all, no one suggests that coal, oil, and ores should be extracted without payment.

Which of the following best describes an aspect of the method used by the author in the argument above?

(A) The author proceeds from a number of specific observations to a tentative generalization.
(B) The author applies to the case under discussion facts about phenomena assumed to be similar in some relevant respect. (B)
(C) A position is strengthened by showing that the opposite of that position would have logically absurd consequences.
(D) A line of reasoning is called into question on the grounds that it confuses cause and effect in a causal relation.
(E) An argument is analyzed by separating statements of fact from individual value judgments

Hi,sdcar. I chosed E.
I think i didn't understand E.I chosed it because i thought that the former part of the stimulus can be the facts;the last sentence seems to be the different individual value judgments. My mistake may be seperating the answer choice instead of considering it as a whole part to understand?
Or you could tell me the right method for this question.
Many thanks in advance.
Cheers.
32#
 楼主| 发表于 2011-12-2 02:58:18 | 只看该作者
(Background) Many plant varieties used in industrially developed nations to improve cultivated crops come from less developed nations. (Opposing opinion)No compensation is paid on the grounds that the plants used are "the common heritage of humanity." Such reasoning is, however, flawed. After all, no one suggests that coal, oil, and ores should be extracted without payment.

The author, in essence, uses an analogy between plant and coal, oil and ores to drive home the message that compensation should be paid for plants removed from less developed nations.
33#
发表于 2012-1-22 23:30:21 | 只看该作者
thx sdcar~

I'm still trying to wrap my mind around it.......
I will try again, tomorrow!
34#
发表于 2012-2-7 11:07:16 | 只看该作者
(Background) Many plant varieties used in industrially developed nations to improve cultivated crops come from less developed nations. (Opposing opinion)No compensation is paid on the grounds that the plants used are "the common heritage of humanity." Such reasoning is, however, flawed. After all, no one suggests that coal, oil, and ores should be extracted without payment.

The author, in essence, uses an analogy between plant and coal, oil and ores to drive home the message that compensation should be paid for plants removed from less developed nations.
-- by 会员 sdcar2010 (2011/12/2 2:58:18)

I still can't understand the reasoning in it, maybe simply because I am slow. I definitely need more practice. Thanks!
35#
发表于 2012-3-8 13:37:51 | 只看该作者
终于有点明白第五题最后选项了
Presenting evidence that a past phenomenon is more similar to one(warm-blooded animals) than the other(cold-blooded animals) of two present day phenomena。
换成这样说
Presenting evidence of two present day phenomena that a past phenomenon is more similar to one(warm-blooded animals) than the other(cold-blooded animals) 。
36#
发表于 2012-3-19 15:37:42 | 只看该作者
sdcar2010  纯大神啊!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
37#
发表于 2012-4-5 20:51:28 | 只看该作者
这章的题目实在是不明白,分清楚premise和conclusion以后也没办法和答案联系起来
38#
发表于 2012-4-27 23:46:25 | 只看该作者
UP!!
39#
发表于 2012-5-9 23:11:29 | 只看该作者
Dear SDCAR, thanks for your workI don't understand No.4,why not choose E?
4) Garbage in this neighborhood probably will not be collected until Thursday this week.(Main conclusion) Garbage is usually collected here on Wednesdays, and the garbage collectors in this city are extremely reliable.(is it an opinion or premises?i am not quiet sure)However, Monday was a public holiday, and after a public holiday that falls on a Monday, garbage throughout the city is supposed to be collected one day later than usual.

The
argument proceeds by

(A) treating several pieces of irrelevant evidence as though they provide support for the conclusion.
(B) indirectly establishing that one thing is likely to occur by directly ruling out all of the alternative possibilities
(C) providing information that allows application of a general rule to a specific case.
(D) generalizing about all actions of a certain kind on the basis of a description of one such action
(E) treating something that is probable as though it were inevitable
40#
发表于 2012-5-9 23:22:18 | 只看该作者
dear SDCAR, i want to ask you how to improve the reading comprehension,could you give me some ideas?like reading what kind of the newspaper? Thank you!
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-9-22 12:54
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部