搜索
返回列表 发新帖
楼主: sdcar2010
打印 上一主题 下一主题

SDCAR2010【逻辑入门】(五)Proceed by

[精华] [复制链接]
11#
 楼主| 发表于 2011-6-19 21:09:40 | 只看该作者
How do you figure out that phenomena refers to ANIMALS, since, from my viewpoint, test takers are  so easy to fall into the confuse that #6 said.
-- by 会员 jaze (2011/6/19 15:25:11)

In terms of grammar, "more similar to one than the other of two phenomena" simply compares ONE of two phenomena with THE OTHER of two phenomena.
12#
发表于 2011-7-4 13:19:30 | 只看该作者
sdcar,
I can figure out the the conclusion and premise. but i have problem in understanding the questions. Do u have any suggestions in improving this?
thxs!
13#
 楼主| 发表于 2011-7-4 13:26:54 | 只看该作者
sdcar,
I can figure out the the conclusion and premise. but i have problem in understanding the questions. Do u have any suggestions in improving this?
thxs!
-- by 会员 qiushuan (2011/7/4 13:19:30)

That's reading comprehension. The more you read and analyze English articles, the better you understand RC and CR questions.
14#
发表于 2011-7-12 00:50:34 | 只看该作者
我想问一下 5题D选项错是不是因为答非所问。。有点不理解了。。晕。。。虽然我选了E。。。
15#
 楼主| 发表于 2011-7-12 03:13:58 | 只看该作者
我想问一下 5题D选项错是不是因为答非所问。。有点不理解了。。晕。。。虽然我选了E。。。
-- by 会员 MarsTOF (2011/7/12 0:50:34)

The author does not do what D) says. You are right.
16#
发表于 2011-7-31 09:25:30 | 只看该作者
请教几个问题:
第一题,D错在哪里呢?
第二题A选项on the ground that后面的意思理解得不是很透彻,能不能麻烦解释一下?感觉这里特别绕,如果是if true,it would have opposed consequences 能够理解,但是说这个consequences are false不能理解。另外,claim和opinion有什么区别呢?
还有第五题,真的如上面同学提问所说,真的很难一下把a past phenomenon,one phenomenon, the other phenomenon 和dinosaur,warm-blooded animals,cold-blooded animals一下联系起来,而直观想到的肯定是他们的特性。所以觉得这样联系有点牵强。
多谢了!
17#
 楼主| 发表于 2011-7-31 10:08:56 | 只看该作者
D) claiming that what Whittaker says cannot be true because Whittaker acts as if it were false.

I do not which part "Whittaker acts as if it were false."

A) finding a claim to be false on the grounds that it would, if true, have consequences that are false

If the claim is true, it would have consequeces that are false. Hence, the claim is false.

请教几个问题:
第一题,D错在哪里呢?
第二题A选项on the ground that后面的意思理解得不是很透彻,能不能麻烦解释一下?感觉这里特别绕,如果是if true,it would have opposed consequences 能够理解,但是说这个consequences are false不能理解。另外,claim和opinion有什么区别呢?
还有第五题,真的如上面同学提问所说,真的很难一下把a past phenomenon,one phenomenon, the other phenomenon 和dinosaur,warm-blooded animals,cold-blooded animals一下联系起来,而直观想到的肯定是他们的特性。所以觉得这样联系有点牵强。
多谢了!
-- by 会员 jeanblanc (2011/7/31 9:25:30)

18#
发表于 2011-9-29 23:48:55 | 只看该作者
sdcar2010, would u plz kindly explain question 1 for me?
i can't understand what the stimulus means
thanks so much!
19#
发表于 2011-10-3 16:39:57 | 只看该作者
hello SDCAR2010
for Q2:
2) Some people have been promoting a new herbal mixture as a remedy for the common cold. The mixture contains, among other things, extracts of the plants purple cone-flower and goldenseal. A cold sufferer, skeptical of the claim that the mixture is an effective cold remedy, argued, “Suppose that the mixture were an effective cold remedy. Since most people with colds wish to recover quickly, it follows that almost everybody with a cold would be using it. Therefore, since there are many people who have colds but do not use the mixture, it is obviously not effective.”

Which one of the following most accurately describes the method of reasoning the cold sufferer uses to reach the conclusion of the argument?

(A) finding a claim to be false on the grounds that it would, if true, have consequences that are false
(B) accepting a claim on the basis of public opinion of the claim
(C) showing that conditions necessary to establish the truth of a claim are met
(D) basing a generalization on a representative group of instances
(E) showing that a measure claimed to be effective in achieving a certain effect would actually make achieving the effect more difficult

Although I knew that (a) is the correct answer
(c) puzzles me  for I think that there are many people who have colds but do not use the mixture is necessary for the conclusion that it is not effective and I can't understand what the are met  means at the end of (C), look forward to your reply.

thanks !
20#
发表于 2011-10-3 20:52:14 | 只看该作者
hello SDCAR2010
for Q2:
2) Some people have been promoting a new herbal mixture as a remedy for the common cold. The mixture contains, among other things, extracts of the plants purple cone-flower and goldenseal. A cold sufferer, skeptical of the claim that the mixture is an effective cold remedy, argued, “Suppose that the mixture were an effective cold remedy. Since most people with colds wish to recover quickly, it follows that almost everybody with a cold would be using it. Therefore, since there are many people who have colds but do not use the mixture, it is obviously not effective.”

Which one of the following most accurately describes the method of reasoning the cold sufferer uses to reach the conclusion of the argument?

(A) finding a claim to be false on the grounds that it would, if true, have consequences that are false
(B) accepting a claim on the basis of public opinion of the claim
(C) showing that conditions necessary to establish the truth of a claim are met
(D) basing a generalization on a representative group of instances
(E) showing that a measure claimed to be effective in achieving a certain effect would actually make achieving the effect more difficult

Although I knew that (a) is the correct answer
(c) puzzles me  for I think that there are many people who have colds but do not use the mixture is necessary for the conclusion that it is not effective and I can't understand what the are met  means at the end of (C), look forward to your reply.

thanks !
-- by 会员 suntree846 (2011/10/3 16:39:57)

我也选的C 但后来我想原文premise是if a mixture is an effective remedy, so many people will use it. 但conclusion说Beacuse many people don't use it, so the remedy is not effective.正好是premise的逆否,是等价的。
但还是不是很清楚C怎么解释。请求大牛指导!
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-9-22 12:56
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部