11#
发表于 2003-6-10 20:46:00 | 只看该作者
ID: fly2004mba
E-Mail: yangsd2004@msn.com
12#
发表于 2003-6-10 22:24:00 | 只看该作者
Hi Betty:
Got your e-mail with thanks.
I will definitly partcipant the upcoming gathering this saterday.
Just wondering if you need any help on that. Have you have any good venus on mind, how you would organise it. If you need a hand just let me know.

Besides my full time job, I am also a professional event organizor for 5 years. I would be more than delighted to be helpful.
13#
发表于 2003-6-11 13:58:00 | 只看该作者
Betty,

Have you decided upon the time and venue of the gathering? Personally I think it is always to give people more time to check their calenday. After all, most are professionals up to their necks with all kinds of initiatives, workdays and weekends notwithstanding.

Please inform me through my personal mail address sisu1996(A) hotmail.com as you like.

Thanks a lot!
14#
发表于 2003-6-11 14:08:00 | 只看该作者
I'm a new arrival here and this is the first note I read.  Sound good.  I'm in.  Will send you my profile seperately.  Stay tuned...
15#
发表于 2003-6-16 11:53:00 | 只看该作者
Dear all,

Just one thought about the upcoming gathering.

Like others, I am also looking in earnst forward to meeting face to face with a pack of aspiring applicants and sharing/exchanging insights about the whole process. Nevertheless, honestly I have been involved in similar initiatives in the past which eventually translated into nothing but a flop. It is not hard to understand the reason why. As business professionals which I believe most are, all are up to their neck with the daily chore and beyond. Having a great initiative is, admittedly, crucial to the final success, but far from enough. We need to ponder over what binds us over the long haul to avoid reducing CAT to the similar mishap so many of its predecessors have incurred.

So in addition to discussing individual profiles and running competitive analysis of schools, we shall also devote some time to drafting a long term plan on what CAT will evolve over the next one year.

Sorry for sounding like a naysayer.

Take care and see you soon!

Jason

[此贴子已经被作者于2003-6-16 12:25:20编辑过]
16#
发表于 2003-6-16 13:40:00 | 只看该作者
Good Suggestion from sisu1996!
17#
发表于 2003-6-16 15:07:00 | 只看该作者
Thanks for your compliment, flymba. I am just delivering due diligence. Nothing more.
18#
发表于 2003-6-16 17:07:00 | 只看该作者
我想不至于打击你吧,不好意思,其实我很想和你成为学友的。
[此贴子已经被作者于2003-6-16 17:09:05编辑过]
19#
发表于 2003-6-16 23:26:00 | 只看该作者
Add me to ur list.

My ID is lukapurple(A) hotmail.com.

Let's do it!
20#
发表于 2003-6-17 06:53:00 | 只看该作者
Hi,

When I advised doing the long-term planning for CAT, I was not denying the value of such a self-initiated community. It is well worth a try. Why not? Plus, it would be myopic or naive to peg one’s hope totally upon any single effort. Rather, it is the integrated package that walks one into the desired program. And out of the gathering would possibly be established some friendship beyond application. And what if one IT sales professional meets, during the gathering, one telecommunications tech guy looking for equipment upgrade? One scenario after another could be possible.

As for application consultancy services, it would be premature to jump into a conclusion that ABC firm walks Mr. HBS into HBS without considering the yield rate, that is, how many clients ABC has helped into top schools as well as clients’ individual background—obviously ABC has much less difficulty in sending a drove of McKinsey/Goldman Sachs analysts into H/K/W/S than it does those no-name companies. Besides, on the $$ front, not all applicants are willing to expend several grand on the service, me included.

I know of and has personally spoken to the partners of Ivyadmit (http://www.ivyadmit.com/pages/211925/index.htm), which is based offshore, that is, in the States. They will come back to Shanghai in July as far as I know. I like its drive in pushing deals and connecting with potential clients, but its offshore model is just one aspect that would leave you frowning upon. Just FYI…

In sum, it would be realistic to deem this gathering as a value-added involvement instead of a make-or-break experience. That said, due commitment is what the eventual success merits.

Just don’t want to appear to be a cynic. Neither do I mean to initiate a polemic here.

Good Luck!

Jason

[此贴子已经被作者于2003-6-17 12:42:52编辑过]
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-4-20 10:26
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部