21#
发表于 2007-11-27 12:05:00 | 只看该作者

大家少安毋躁。

接受IBanalyst的批评。兄台是个很有逻辑的人,不过有时也有些尖锐,呵呵。

Seanbb也曾经批评过我,说到自己母校的进步的时候过于热情,用词有时候有些夸张。以后会更脚踏实地一些,踏踏实实地推动长江进步。

谢谢。

22#
发表于 2007-11-27 12:59:00 | 只看该作者

这么好的帖子,继续写下去吧,言语不当的地方请谅解,我们也不是刻意做广告,只是分享一下不同感受,有时候没有亲身经历过不是那么能感受到的。也不一定什么事都要用常规标准来衡量,比如长江请杜维明教授开人文课程,我觉得是件大好事,虽然和我们的近期利益没有什么关系,甚至和长远利益也没有任何关系,但不是一切都是用钱或就业能衡量的,个人来讲,目前为止我收获最大的一年是在北大学哲学一年,虽然是旁听,虽然也没帮我挣钱,虽然我工作整天都是和钱打交道。

MBA/EMBA交流也是,以前长江这点交流不够,这是个尝试。长江慢慢开始有校友去了民营企业,比如有位在GE职位很高的校友去了阿里巴巴,还有其他校友去了EMBA地企业。这种信息交流本身也很好的。中国EMBA和国外差别很大,国外是中层管理人员,中国很多是一把手,难得的机会。

我觉得把MBA当作人生一种经历更合适,不一定那么功利,和其他校友交流时不少也有类似看法,MBA tour我和有的人分享时说,第一,这一年很愉快,以前很少有,以后也不太会有这样的一年了;第二,收获确实很大,读一次MBA是值得的,这个值得不仅是从职业发展来说的。

长江并非完美,欢迎不同的观点平心静气地交流。

[此贴子已经被作者于2007-11-27 13:05:59编辑过]
23#
发表于 2007-11-27 15:05:00 | 只看该作者

我觉得这样的帖子挺好的,请继续!

24#
发表于 2007-11-27 15:55:00 | 只看该作者
以下是引用IBanalyst在2007-11-27 12:14:00的发言:

I certainly understand your personl loyalty to the school you attend, I had just been seeing a scenario of Cultural Revolution style of propaganda. value add? value destroy.

anyway, i don't think anyone  will take your propaganda seriously, while career report and word of mouth from  close alumni will be taken serious. the best strategy to gain market reputation is to tell the truth even outsiders don't know yet. To this end, i really doubt your course quality, especially strategy and marketing, you really don't get the sense of that subject, maybe that is the reason why you guys cannot get your feet in Mckinsey.

one thing shared by all IBers and consultants is always get to the point, never waste your time in non-fact based things. if i come out with any trivial sentence in pitch book, the direct response is "nonsense, you get 2minutes left", so try hard to cool your mind and sharpen your knife, communication skill and presentation is more than speaking.

It is very likely that 2007 CK MBA students have not yet started Strategy and Marketing classes so far.

CK MBA candidates may try to prove something, but should not make believe, otherwise you may brag

25#
发表于 2007-11-28 12:32:00 | 只看该作者
IBanalyst 虽然尖锐,但我相信不少candidate的看法也与他不谋而合。
其实在ck的info session我也想请日记作者多写一写课程、教授、职业发展规划之类的内容,而不仅仅是拓展、足球之类的(
后者只是补充,前者才是大家花大成本读mba的初衷)。后来没有机会问问题就没提。可能也是因为07的同学还没有充分进入课程。

当然,ck的文化和温馨氛围也是非常吸引人的

26#
发表于 2007-11-28 16:28:00 | 只看该作者

这里是长江MBA的期刊,有不少关于长江职业、教授、课程的介绍。

http://www.ckgsb.com/column/474.aspx

这里是简报,也可以参考:

http://www.ckgsb.com/column/412.aspx

27#
发表于 2007-11-29 16:46:00 | 只看该作者
以下是引用hlmichael在2007-11-28 12:32:00的发言:
IBanalyst 虽然尖锐,但我相信不少candidate的看法也与他不谋而合。
其实在ck的info session我也想请日记作者多写一写课程、教授、职业发展规划之类的内容,而不仅仅是拓展、足球之类的(
后者只是补充,前者才是大家花大成本读mba的初衷)。后来没有机会问问题就没提。可能也是因为07的同学还没有充分进入课程。

当然,ck的文化和温馨氛围也是非常吸引人的

谢谢这位朋友提醒。第一篇日记是我写的,一开始我也觉得不妥,似乎给人的感觉就是我们在玩。但现实情况是我们的上学到现在基本每天都学到很晚,深夜一两点是常事,最近两个周末一天都没休息的同学大有人在。足球到现在为止就踢过一回,兄弟们都很郁闷,呵呵。

关于拓展我想补充一点,活动确实好玩,但更重要的是有机会和这些企业所有人或者高管交流,很随意很坦诚的交流。每组12人左右,2个MBA,10个EMBA,各行各业的,对我们MBA而言,在视野上和看问题的深度上绝对有帮助,这与和同学或者教授交流的感受不一样。以前我们会说,企业家很强,但没有机会知道怎么强,有机会近距离接触2天真的很不错。其实EMBA也很想了解我们,很简单,对他们而言,这是一个很好寻找人才和项目的机会。我知道的CASE就有做VC的EMBA和我们班创业的同学有了接触,06级的同学有去EMBA所在的顶尖药企面试的。所以,我们都建议学校以后继续让MBA和EMBA一起拓展。至于吵架,呵呵,那是不可能的。

当然,我们会贴更多关于学习和职业发展的日记上来,帮助有兴趣的申请者更好地了解长江和MBA学习。

28#
发表于 2007-11-29 18:33:00 | 只看该作者

thanks for sharing your life in CK.

I am quite interested in this school.

pls keep sharing!

29#
 楼主| 发表于 2007-12-1 08:37:00 | 只看该作者

<4th week> Presented by Eric Cen:

Learn from classmates

When I was downloading some files from internet after 9 o’clock, Jeff and Michael in the same lecture room just began a discussion about the entrepreneurship. I found that was very interesting and posed my questions to Michael.
“Is the team very important at the very beginning?”
“Not that much, just like dating with a girl, you may not know her very deep unless you get together with her for a long time, observe and find her heart in some tough period.”
“How did you begin your journey of running your own company?”
“Actually it is not planned well before the start. When I worked in a company whose situation was not so good, one of my customers asked ‘why don’t you start up your own company’, and then some colleagues with same ideas got together and began our venture.”
“What is the reason you left the company to come here for study?”
“I found that there is some bottleneck when my company had 20 people and some revenue, I want to learn more, both knowledge and skills, to lead my company further”

As the time was close to 21:25, we packed our stuff and went back dorm. The most important point of the discussion for me is the worry I have on entrepreneurship. I always want to wait the perfect time that everything is ready, just as some of my friends do. I know it is somewhat wrong, but never change myself. I don’t like to use the money from my family. Moreover, I came to realize that, using other people’s money is a skill necessary in the business world and a kind of route to achieve a win-win situation. I got the right information about the investment; I have the access to certain amount of money, why should I choose to give up lots of chances to earn money easily?
I think learning from classmates is very important, as well as learning from professors and books. This conversation is a good start of my MBA study, I believe.

30#
 楼主| 发表于 2007-12-8 09:37:00 | 只看该作者

<5th week> Presented by Lynn Cao:

Last Day of ME:

I had never expected the first month studying in CK would just change my way of learning and thinking from ME course, though not totally. I still can clearly recall some assignments that I just can't figure out where to start to analyze, totally in the dark. It's so miserable that my confidence in study for years suddenly disappeared! Am I such a fool that have no idea even at the beginning of the first module? Even more confusing is that the professor said there were no wrong or right answer for some problems, it depends on some factors, but not exhaustive factors. Books just don't help you there in solving problems effectively sometimes. How could I survive from ME, strong concerns and worry overwhelmed me.

The professors' response to this common complaint was opening the new world to me. “That's what the real world looks like, full of uncertainty. When asked of what is the most difficulty, 90% of Chinese company leaders I encountered in the past four years said the same thing—insufficient business leaders that can initiate to perceive the problem and framework the solution. I hope you guys will be the leaders comfortable with dealing with uncertainties in the real world. …”

With the traditional deductive way of learning, we (Chinese students) are used to be given the clear instructions of the problems, no data will be wasted, no ambiguous answers, otherwise, you will be proven wrong or bad performance in your exam. However, the professor's intentional effort in pushing us out of comport zone gradually takes effect. His inductive instructing started to make a profound change in our mindset and framework of thinking, and received a tremendous applause for efficiency in learning experience.

Professor Brian is a paradox himself to me. This humble person always in smile is perceived by me as one of the nicest professors I've ever met, he is very patient to answer questions and refund or sponsor our games in game theory class. On the other hand, he's also the one I feared most of being cold called, and I spent most time in my prep for ME assignments. How come warmth and demandingness are integrated into one person?

When the clock ticks approaching 12:00, the professor delivered a ten-minute briefing of ME key contents for the whole class. The first thing we should remember is the supply and demand curve and what factors cause shifts or movement along the curve, etc. And “read the newspaper”, “ I hope each time you read a newspaper, you have a similar habit with me that you intuitively think about what this news will lead to in the price and quantity demanded. “ Suddenly moved by his kindness, the last ten minutes made me feel like a departure sentiments. The whole class came very silent in listening professors' briefing. All the previous well-selected real-world cases by professor were reminded one by one.“That's all, thank you.” I was surprised to find out my classmates and me unconsciously stood up from seats nearly at same time and applaused for long in great gratitude.

I'm feeling so lucky to be able to meet such a caring and excellent professor in my life, I know it will definitely change my life somehow, and I'm happy to know we'll have another class from him. It's not an ending, it just begins.

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-4-30 17:50
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部