楼主: inkink
打印 上一主题 下一主题

[备考心经] 北美 GMAT 770 写作6分 考后感想

[精华] [复制链接]
51#
 楼主| 发表于 2007-2-2 16:19:00 | 只看该作者
以下是引用jackybmw在2007-2-1 15:11:00的发言:

I kind of agreed with Inkink that some of the questions from "NON
OG" are awkwardly worded. The more I read them, the more aggravated I get.
In a nutshell, OG is my Bible. In the begining, I was trying to save a few bucks, I downloaded all the
studying material from here and there. But I end up buying the OGs from Amazon in the end, and
it worth every single penny.
Just curious Inkink, what school are you planning to apply?
I assumed that you are a hard worker; and taking care of your kids and family must
be another full time job. Now with MBA just added to the equation, how are you
planning to balance everything out? Don’t you think one side’s going to suffer?
Maybe I’m still young, I just don’t understand this kind of mentality.
Sometimes, I feel like we work so hard in the US, we spent all these time to achieve
a higher quality of life. In the end, our lost is greater than our gain, and we
never experience the so call free spirit in this free country, Isn’t it sad?
Anyway, you sound intelligent and experienced. It is nice to
read you blog…peace out
Gotta go back to study my yellow Bible.

btw can you intro me to that "COLUMBIA录取的美女学妹"... LOL

I think these are all personal decisions and everyone needs to make his/her decisions based on his/her situations and priorities. 

Some people invest in stocks, others invest in real estate, I invest in myself.  That's been my strategy up to this point.  My decision is not entiredly based on financial prospects.  In fact, going for an MBA is financially a very risky proposition for me.  If I am unlucky, I may never recover the over $300,000 of lost salary and tuition. 

Let me draw an analogy:  I love the exhilarations of mountain climbing, skiing, snowboarding and ice skating, including the hard work, the physical and mental challenge, as well as the painful falls.  But I know some of my friends consider these forms of self-torture and would rather enjoy the comfortness of their couch.  It's all about personal priorities. 

So again, believe in yourself and follow your heart.  Other people's wisdom won't help you.

52#
 楼主| 发表于 2007-2-2 16:26:00 | 只看该作者
以下是引用hohoo在2007-2-2 6:27:00的发言:

楼主英文什么背景啊?其实,到了北美,除了口语其他都在退步,很佩服两周就考了。哈哈,我也花了两周,连OG的一半都没有看完,上班哪有的时间啊?真是不知道怎么把时间给挪出来的。介绍一下你的时间安排吧。

1. 不懂为什么英文会退步。难道你在学校里不看PAPER写PAPER? 工作不用写DOCUMENT?

2。我的英文没有什么特别背景,不过从小比较下功夫罢了。

3。时间安排:挤喽。每天晚上从10点到午夜一点就是三个小时。另外,计划比较重要。一般一个人最薄弱的环节就是最容易提高成绩,时间投入收益最高的的部分。对时间有限的备考,这点很重要,一定要有意识地取舍。

53#
发表于 2007-2-2 22:54:00 | 只看该作者

很高兴看到帖子想比较“和谐”的方向发展,不知道为什么一开始的气氛会那么不好,我认为质疑是可以的,但是去到有点攻击的意味那就不好了,也不想CD一贯的良好交流气氛,极端一点说,我宁愿看到自大也不愿看到人身攻击,攻击只会使大家越来越不愿意分享。

54#
发表于 2007-2-2 23:18:00 | 只看该作者
ding ding! gongxi!
55#
发表于 2007-2-3 04:06:00 | 只看该作者
So LZ is persuing a fulltime MBA. Do you plan to change your career?
56#
发表于 2007-2-3 09:33:00 | 只看该作者
楼主的目的应该在于希望大家分享你的经验和快乐,而非满篇的大道理和自傲。我想大家在这里希望看到的是一个交流和自由的平台。分数的问题,我认同你的成绩,也为你高兴,至于为人,希望不要拿出自己在北美就如何如何,工作中你可以拼搏勇进,在这里没人需要你证明什么,也没人需要你说教自己的智力和大家智力的差距,不是吗?敏而好学,不耻下问,30岁的人生活的阅历也该不少了,如何处世自当明确。
57#
发表于 2007-2-3 11:10:00 | 只看该作者

I am glad that this post is going for a healthy direction. Personally, I really want to believe this post and had no doubt about authenticity at all before reading ppls' comments.

I wanna add another reason that might explain why so many ppl had such a doubt beside the cocky wording mentioned above. That is the atmosphere of internet. In internet, we tend to be more cautious than we do in real life because the costs of telling a lie are much smaller. Have a look at all those posts in baidu.com or whatever, and we will find that ppl are much suspicious. I guess that's why so many ppl didn't not believe in the post.

58#
 楼主| 发表于 2007-2-3 14:17:00 | 只看该作者
以下是引用strout在2007-2-3 4:06:00的发言:
So LZ is persuing a fulltime MBA. Do you plan to change your career?

1. Yes

2. Not really.  I like my industry (technology) but would like to play a different role.  In fact I like the technology industry whole heartedly.  I am not interested in moving to the financial industry and start all over again. 

59#
 楼主| 发表于 2007-2-3 14:25:00 | 只看该作者
以下是引用atalbert9在2007-2-3 9:33:00的发言:
楼主的目的应该在于希望大家分享你的经验和快乐,而非满篇的大道理和自傲。我想大家在这里希望看到的是一个交流和自由的平台。分数的问题,我认同你的成绩,也为你高兴,至于为人,希望不要拿出自己在北美就如何如何,工作中你可以拼搏勇进,在这里没人需要你证明什么,也没人需要你说教自己的智力和大家智力的差距,不是吗?敏而好学,不耻下问,30岁的人生活的阅历也该不少了,如何处世自当明确。

的确,我就是在北美,这不是什么秘密,我也没有拿来炫耀。我觉得你对这个事实似乎比我更在意。

我对自己的为人处世很满意,所以完全不接受你的评价,也毫不在意你的评价。

很高兴看到你对自己的为人哲学这么自信,但是我不需要分享。

60#
 楼主| 发表于 2007-2-3 14:39:00 | 只看该作者
以下是引用nathancheung在2007-2-2 22:54:00的发言:

很高兴看到帖子想比较“和谐”的方向发展,不知道为什么一开始的气氛会那么不好,我认为质疑是可以的,但是去到有点攻击的意味那就不好了,也不想CD一贯的良好交流气氛,极端一点说,我宁愿看到自大也不愿看到人身攻击,攻击只会使大家越来越不愿意分享。

其实,这个经历对我来说蛮有益处,可以说是一种反向 “文化冲击”。我理解发起人身攻击的ID的心态,因为我还记得在国内社会的一些潜规则,比如“谦虚谨慎”的“传统美德”。不过我的生存环境对这个“传统美德”并不是很重视,甚至不是很认可。所以他人基于这个潜规则对我做的评价,我也不会在乎。

但是,实事求是地说,每次我回国的时候,也会自然地转换心态,遵循国内的规则。所谓“见什么人说什么话”。 

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-6-2 08:08
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部