楼主
发表于 2003-10-4 16:01:00 | 只看该作者

请问我到哪里能找到推荐信的样本亚?

无从下笔的说
沙发
发表于 2003-10-4 16:18:00 | 只看该作者
以下是引用lixin在2003-10-4 16:01:00的发言:
无从下笔的说

Are you looking for a sample recommendation letter written by a Business School Professor? Here is an interesting sample recommendation letter, as it is written by someone who has a good understanding of what the reader of the recommendation letter wants.

Here is a Sample Recommendation Letter  

=== Sample Recommendation Letter ===

As a business school faculty member myself, I always critique business school aspirants very closely. Though I am not attempting to second guess your admission criteria, I would like to tell you the method I use for evaluating a business school aspirant. It is with these criteria that I will evaluate Ajeet Khurana's candidature. This should remove the subjectivity of the recommendation letter process.

? Communication skills
? Leadership skills
? Academic performance
? Team dynamics
? Vision

For the purpose of this recommendation letter, the peer group that I am considering is: other top 20 US business school applicants.

Communication skills Ajeet Khurana's written communication skills are in the top 10% of his peer group. His spoken communication skills are in the top 1% of his peer group. I find him able to convince the listener of his point of view. When addressing a gathering of junior students, he is able to simplify his expression to ensure that he is unequivocal.

Leadership skills Ajeet Khurana has held several student body and association posts, as he has undoubtedly informed you in the other parts of his application. What I find particularly noteworthy is his ability to motivate others to volunteer. This is probably the best indicator of his leadership skills.

Academic performance Ajeet Khurana is in the top 25% of his class overall, and in the top 10% of the class for the subject that I teach. I find that he is able to grasp concepts rapidly and elucidate them with ease.

Team dynamics This is very much in line with the leadership skills observation that I made earlier. I find Ajeet Khurana to be easily accepted by group members. Usually he is nominated to be the group's representative too.

Vision Of all the parts of this recommendation letter, I think this one is the most outstanding when it comes to Ajeet Khurana. He is clearly a man with a vision. There have been occasions when he has made startling observations and predictions about the movement of the global economy. Naturally, only time will tell whether he was correct. However, his ability to correlate huge quantities of information and discern the underlying trends is indicative of his vision.

I have no doubt in my mind that Ajeet Khurana is suited for the business program at your university. I would like to whole heartedly and strongly recommend him.

Sincerely,

板凳
发表于 2003-10-4 16:19:00 | 只看该作者
Example of Good Letter of Recommendation ===

I am writing this letter to introduce Ms Lisa Wayman. Lisa has worked as my assistant producer at CorpCom Publications. As a manager of business books, I work with four assistant producers. Hence, I find myself uniquely positioned to evaluate Lisa's performance in the past four years.

Lisa began work with CorpCom as a clerk. It was her indefatigable enthusiasm and hard work that won her a seat in the prestigious Production Internship program. This program recruits talent nationwide and also permits existing CorpCom employees to apply. Selection is highly competitive, with only one in eleven applicants making it through.

Post internship, it was apparent to HR that her current job function was unjustifiably low in responsibility and she was moved to marketing department. In the past four years, she has risen from Trainee to Coordinator to Assistant Producer. This in itself is an achievement.

The publishing business can be very tricky for producers. On the one hand they have to deal with authors and agents. Both of these are whimsical animals, authors all the more so. On the other, they have to deal with distributors and publicists. This calls for close monitoring and rapid feedback. Lisa has managed both ends of her responsibility with great ease and finesse.

Lisa always meets deadlines and has the highest level of integrity. If I have to recommend an area of improvement, I would say that she needs to be a bit less emotionally involved in her day to day job function. But, I guess that for a person as driven by excellence as Lisa, it is natural to be emotionally involved.

In conclusion, let me very strongly recommend Lisa for admission to your program. I am sure admitting her will be a good decision.

Sincerely,

地板
 楼主| 发表于 2003-10-5 12:05:00 | 只看该作者
十分感谢,但我还很想知道一些格式上的东西,比如抬头是写Dear admission officer,还是什么To whom it may concern之类的,或者直接写该商学院的名字?

因为推荐信都是自己写,找人签,一方面自己从来没写过,怕露怯,另一方面也想一次通过,推荐人不要有很多意见,反反复复改。最根本的问题是,从格式,到内容,再到口吻、风格什么的全都是一片空白,又不敢自己随便写,因为我想大致还是应该有一些惯例的。

最好是有三五篇范例,包括老板的和学校老师的,形式上参考一下,内容上体会一下就好了。

最后偷偷问一句,Lewis斑竹的头像太帅了,就是看不出性别来,让小弟我不好称呼。
5#
发表于 2003-10-5 21:21:00 | 只看该作者
10 Tips for Recommenders

1. Review a copy of the applicant's personal statement or application essays so that your letter of recommendation can dovetail with--not conflict with or duplicate--the rest of the application.

2. Ask the applicant to supply you with additional information like a résumé.

3. Describe your qualifications for comparing the applicant to other applicants.

I have been teaching for twenty years and have advised approximately 450 students on independent research projects over the last five years.

I have personally supervised ten interns every summer for the last five years plus worked with over two hundred college graduates in my capacity as trainer for Big Bank Corp.

4. Discuss how well you know the applicant.

I was able to get to know Mr. Doe because he made it a point to attend two of my sections every week when only one was required.

Ms. Smith reported directly to me for two years prior to her well-deserved promotion to the position of Senior in our Big Six Accounting Firm.

5. Choose two to three qualities that you observed in the applicant.

Jane has a rare blend of top writing and interpersonal skills.

The combination of tenacity, analytical abilities, and good communications skills found in Mr. Doe is truly unique.

6. In discussing those qualities, support your statements with specific instances in which he or she demonstrated those attributes. Be as concrete and detailed as possible.

He is the only student I ever had who came to all my office hours as part of a relentless, and ultimately successful, drive to master financial theory. He was one of just ten percent in the class to receive an A.

Because of Jane's writing skills, I didn't hesitate to ask her to write a report which was used by our PAC as the basis for a major policy statement. Congressman X eventually used the statement, based on Jane's sophisticated 20-page analysis of Middle East politics, in lobbying for increased funding.

7. Try to quantify the student's strengths or rank him or her vis a vis other applicants that you have observed.

He was in the top 10% of his class.

She has the best analytical skills of any person her age that I have ever supervised.

8. Avoid generalities and platitudes.

9. Include some mild criticism, typically the flip-side of a strength.

The only fault I have encountered in him is his retiring nature. His modesty sometimes hides a young man of remarkable strength and broad interests.

Occasionally, her fortitude and persistence can turn into stubbornness, but usually her good nature and level-headedness prevail.

10. Discuss the applicant's potential in his or her chosen field.

I enthusiastically recommend Mr. Doe to your business school. This well-rounded student will be a fine businessperson.

With her exceptional leadership, writing, and quantitative skills, Ms. Smith will be an outstanding strategic consultant and a credit to the business school she attends.

[此贴子已经被作者于2003-10-5 21:23:34编辑过]
6#
发表于 2003-10-5 21:24:00 | 只看该作者
抬头写To Whom It May Concern或者Dear Admittion Committee都可以。
7#
 楼主| 发表于 2003-10-6 10:05:00 | 只看该作者
多谢二位,好像tsljz做过一个讲座吧,昨天刚刚怀着无比...的心情认真聆听过。好像是清华的吧,哪个系的?
还是决定买本书参考一下,市面上应该有不少吧
8#
发表于 2010-5-24 23:28:39 | 只看该作者
谢谢
9#
发表于 2020-3-9 14:05:45 | 只看该作者
Mark一下!               
10#
发表于 2020-9-14 22:35:19 | 只看该作者
MARK
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-4-24 13:38
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部