打印 上一主题 下一主题

[校友答疑] MBA和MSF选择

[复制链接]
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2015-1-5 17:35:36 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
目前在四大做审计,到明年开始申请是一年工作经验,大四在券商研究所实习过3个月,本科985的金融专业,本科毕业时候申请过北美msf不过后来选择了先工作。
以后的职业规划是去券商或基金的研究岗位,做金融研究类工作。
想要明年申请出去读书,感觉msf的学校相对还是较弱,觉得开mba的学校都很好,但是纠结一年工作经验申请mba是不是太短?
大家觉得现在这个情况是考虑mba比较好,还是msf呢?另外mba的话一年工作经验有什么学校推荐么?

谢谢大家啦~
收藏收藏 收藏收藏
沙发
发表于 2015-1-7 13:57:27 | 只看该作者
太年轻了,不要为了读书而读书,等需要MBA了再去读,看好时机把握这人生唯一的一次MBA机会。
先继续工作吧!
板凳
发表于 2015-1-8 16:40:49 | 只看该作者
This is such a great question, and one I see a lot. So thank you for posting it here! Hopefully we can help others who are in the same situation as you. So, to answer your question, yes, 1 year of working experience is on the lower end of the spectrum. Typically, MBA applicants have 3-5 years of experience. Now, that doesn't mean you CAN'T get in with only one year of experience. There are people that do, but those people have packed a LOT into that one year. They have lots of leadership experience, or they've been promoted more quickly than normal, or they have more responsibility than most people do after only a year. If that's the case for you, then you can definitely apply! Your job will be to prove to the admissions committee that while you're young, you're very experienced for your age, and you are ready for an MBA.

If that's not you, then you will want to wait to apply for an MBA. The more experience you have, the better your chances. That will give you much more to write about in your apps, and it will also make for a better experience once you get to business school. You'll get so much more out of it when you have real world experience to draw from, and bring to the classroom.

As far as MSF or MBA, I think that really depends on what you want to do. Personally, I believe an MBA will open MANY more doors, since it is such a versatile degree. An MSF is going to keep you stuck in Finance! If you ultimately want to go back into Finance, then an MSF could be perfect for you. But if you are not sure, then you're going to be better off working for another year or two, and applying for an MBA at that point. That way, when you graduate, you can do... anything! I hope that helps! Let me know what you decide, and then we can chat more about what you need to do to get in
地板
发表于 2016-1-18 15:15:00 | 只看该作者
JonFrank 发表于 2015-1-8 16:40
This is such a great question, and one I see a lot. So thank you for posting it here! Hopefully we c ...

哇 写的真好啊
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-4-27 23:02
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部