查看: 2640|回复: 2
打印 上一主题 下一主题

[求助]SET25_ SEC IV_4

[复制链接]
楼主
发表于 2003-7-21 13:13:00 | 只看该作者

[求助]SET25_ SEC IV_4

Questions 3-4
Muriel: I admire Favilla's novels, but she does not deserve to be considered a great writer. The point is that, no matter how distinctive her style may be, her subject matter is simply not varied enough.
John: I think you are wrong to use that criterion. A great writer does not need any diversity in subject matter; however, a great writer must at least have the ability to explore a particular theme deeply.
John’s statements commit him to which one of the following position?
(A) Even if the subject matter in Favilla’s writings is not particularly varied, she should not thereby be excluded from being considered a great writer.
(B) Even if Favilla cannot explore any particular theme deeply in her writings, she should not thereby be excluded from being considered a great writer.
(C) If Favilla has explored some particular theme exceptionally deeply in her writings, she deserves to be considered a great writer.
(D) If the subject matter in Favilla’s writings were exceptionally varied, she would not deserve to be considered a great writer.
(E) If Favilla’s writings show no evidence of a distinctive style, she does not deserve to be considered a great writer.
The choice is A but I don’t think John give any judgments on F’s status, why not C?
沙发
发表于 2003-7-23 23:56:00 | 只看该作者
我想你可以通过这两个选项引导词的不同来判断哪个更准确的传达了JOHN的态度:
A)项用的是EVEN IF(更多的是让步语气,表示即使如何,也应。。。从其第一句话中,可以看出JOHN对该作家的意见已有明确主见),更好的说明了:即使她的小说主题不是多样,但她不应从大家中排除出去;
C)项用的是IF(更多的有事实如何还不清楚的意思),该项意思是:如果她在作品里极其特别深的(注意用词,与原文比,已经过度夸大,这是在做逻辑题应排除选项的原则之一)挖掘了某一主题,那么她堪称大家。
从我的经验来看,ETS的逻辑题比较重视用词的客观性和避免极端性,你可以从这两个选项的用词上再体会一下。

板凳
 楼主| 发表于 2003-7-24 08:59:00 | 只看该作者
收获甚丰,thank you 蛾眉
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-4-28 12:22
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部