返回列表 发新帖
查看: 5721|回复: 12
打印 上一主题 下一主题

[实习就业] 议informational interviewing

[复制链接]
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2013-1-17 15:07:54 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
This page contains the following errors:error on line 1 at column 6188: PCDATA invalid Char value 12

Below is a rendering of the page up to the first error.Informational Interviewing

An informational interview is an important networking technique. It is an opportunity for you to
interview someone who may be able to help you with your career development and/or current job
search. Usually it is with someone whose position or career is related to your own career goals.

Benefits

? Obtain information about your chosen career field.
? An opportunity for you to learn more about a specific position and/or organization.
? Keep you up-to-date with career trends.
? Learn who the decision makers are.
? Become known to potential hiring authorities.
? Discover job opportunities that are not advertised.
? Learn where your skills and interests might fit within an organization.
? Strengthen your network, allow you to add to your list of contacts.
? Practice self-marketing skills.

Preparation

? Develop a list of people you already know (family, friends, neighbors, professors,
classmates, present or former co-workers, alumni) and ask them, “Who do you know that
might be able to help me with my particular career interests and that might be willing to
meet with me for a few minutes?” If they have a name of someone who can help you, ask
them if they will help facilitate a meeting or if you can use their name as a referral. The
person you would like to interview will be much more likely to meet with you if you have a
name familiar to them to connect you with.
? When you call to set up the interview, try something like, “Hello, my name is (fill in the
blank) and I’m a graduate student at UC San Diego. I was referred to you by (fill in the
blank) as you’re in a line of work that I’m interested in. I am hoping that you could help me
gain insights into the profession. I’m sure that my questions could be answered in a 20
minute informational interview." Another approach is to send a letter of introduction through
email, like a mini cover letter. In this case you are asking for an informational interview.
Make sure you indicate that you will call to set up a mutually convenient time to meet. Keep
it succinct and polite.
? Review websites, books, journals, articles, and newsletters to learn as much as you can about
your chosen occupation/organization/field.
? Find out as much as you can about the particular person and organization.
? Decide what you would like to know about the occupation/industry/organization.
? Based on your research, prepare a list of relevant and intelligent questions.

Etiquette

? Be clear that you are not asking for a job.
? Schedule the interview for 20 minutes and plan to stick to this timeframe.
? If at all possible, meet in person.
? Focus of the interview should be 80% on them and 20% on you.
? Be enthusiastic, positive and confident.
? Dress professionally, like you would for a regular interview, to make a good impression.
? Take notes, using a nice portfolio with a pad of paper and good quality pen.
? Send a thank you note or letter and keep in touch periodically through thoughtful emails.

收藏收藏5 收藏收藏5
沙发
 楼主| 发表于 2013-1-17 15:21:10 | 只看该作者
Informational Interviewing- continued

Questions

There are hundreds of potential questions to ask however you only have time for a few. Make sure you
make good eye contact, listen carefully to their answers and keep the conversation brief, friendly and
focused on the contact person’s occupation, organization and career field. If you feel the conversation is
going exceptionally well and you feel you have built some rapport, consider spending some time,
briefly, mentioning your experience and skills if they relate to some of their answers to your questions.

Again, you will need to do your homework and prepare thoughtful questions. You could consider some
of the following:

? What is your job like? A typical day?
? How did this type of work interest you and how did you get started?
? How did you get hired for your job? What experiences have led you to your present position?
? What are the most important personal satisfactions and dissatisfactions connected with your
occupation? What part of this job do you personally find most satisfying? Most challenging?
? Is there a typical career path in this field/organization? What does it look like?
? Why did you decide to work for this organization?
? What do you like most about this organization?
? What sorts of changes are occurring in your occupation/field?
? What is a typical career path in this field or organization?
? What were the keys to your career advancement? How did you get where you are and what
are your long-range goals?
? What are the skills that are most important for a position in this field?
? What particular skills or talents are most essential to be effective in your job?
? With the information you have about my education, skills, and experience, what other fields
or jobs would you suggest I research further?
? What can you tell me about the employment outlook in this field? How much demand is
there for people in this occupation? How rapidly is the field growing?
? What courses have proved to be the most valuable to you in your work? What would you
recommend for me?
? If you were entering this career today, would you change your preparation to facilitate entry?
? Who else do you know who is doing similar kinds of work or uses similar skills? Do you
know of other people whom I might talk to who have similar jobs?
? These are my strongest assets (skills, areas of knowledge, personality traits and values).
Where would they fit in this field? Where would they be helpful in this organization? Where
might they fit in other fields? Where might they be helpful in other organizations?

Follow-up

? Exchange business cards.
? Ask for referrals and ask permission to use their name (Who do you know?).
? Send a thank you email the same day.
? Stay in touch by keeping them posted on your career search or by providing them with
information they might find helpful.
板凳
 楼主| 发表于 2013-1-17 15:22:04 | 只看该作者
最近cd热议过,我找的school advisor要了材料。大家瞅瞅
地板
发表于 2013-1-17 16:42:03 | 只看该作者
谢楼主,希望在读的牛牛给分享下这方面的经验
5#
发表于 2013-1-17 17:29:53 | 只看该作者
很棒
6#
发表于 2013-1-17 21:19:36 | 只看该作者
必须要支持~~~
华尔街必备啊
7#
发表于 2013-1-18 04:48:20 | 只看该作者
赞一个,挺不错的。真做的时候,再根据对方的背景量体裁衣的问问题
8#
发表于 2013-1-18 12:06:36 | 只看该作者
赞,这是靠谱的有用的干货。
9#
发表于 2013-1-18 22:25:56 | 只看该作者
建议LZ把font&size调调,我已经copy&paste到文档中翻成中文,打算春节回家后和父母好好交流下,上次跟他们说这个,可能我的理解和表述也不够清楚,他们基本上是以很封闭的心态不愿聆听,看完这个再和妈咪沟通,明显效果好很多了,也知道了我具体需要的是什么样的帮助。所以在这里要谢谢LZ。
10#
发表于 2013-1-19 05:13:51 | 只看该作者
我调了下
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-5-15 07:02
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部