ChaseDream
搜索
返回列表 发新帖
楼主: GMAT
打印 上一主题 下一主题

[Helr题库] Helr GMAT题库 周周练 Helr-CR-001 (答案和解析已放出)

[精华] [复制链接]
11#
发表于 2012-7-3 12:39:32 | 只看该作者
参与讨论
我选A
因为如果该物种有的天生就有该缺陷,那么就无从判断挖掘出的带缺陷的化石到底是人为的还是自然的,进而也就无法判断是不是玛雅人造成的
12#
发表于 2012-7-3 14:23:55 | 只看该作者
参与讨论

我理解原题的逻辑思路:

鹿头            有伤  
maya的猎物头   有伤
-->
鹿头 =  maya的猎物头

同类逻辑错误典型:

牛 吃草
马 吃草
-->
牛 =  马

削弱的方法:(稍后补充,领导来了,先去开会)
13#
发表于 2012-7-3 16:00:13 | 只看该作者
I choose A
14#
发表于 2012-7-3 18:52:58 | 只看该作者
本来打算考完托福参加的,结果没忍住~~

在A和E中纠结,然后偷偷看了baby的贴~~

我就屈服了,那么小的一个词,severe都可以发现,我直接都忽略了~~

支持E!
15#
发表于 2012-7-3 21:38:56 | 只看该作者
E吧
16#
发表于 2012-7-4 10:53:21 | 只看该作者
参与投票
支持baby姐~~

参与讨论
选E

Weaken
Premise 1: In G, archea find fossils of ancient dears: injury at forehead
Premise 2: at that time, only the Maya used the trap that injure the forehead
Conclusion: the fossil dears = Maya's prey

okay, it seems that the author assumes: the way Maya prey the dear was THE ONLY REASON for the forehead-injury found on the fossil.
When reading I notice that Premise 2 says "at that time" (original words "in the period the ancient deer lived"). There's a huge gap! What if the forehead-injury found on the fossil did not occur at that time? (For example, the fossil could be damaged at forehead over the long long history when buried underground)

A. "some ... innate impairment on forehead" - maybe... keep this on
B. "no additional damage" - wow! that was exactly what I think! BUT, this STRENGTHENS the argument!
C. again, this makes the conclusion more likely. STRENGTHEN
D. "If dear was struck by trap, no treatment available" ... If anything, this strengthens the argument by showing that the forehead-injury left untreated.
E. this strongly suggests OTHER factors take in part. consistent to my prediction.

Look back at A... oh i see!! the question says "severe impairment", but choice A does not say the innate impairment is severe. Even if the dears have innate impairment, it could also be the hunters who causes the additional impairment (to reach a "severe" level). So Choice A does not challenge the conclusion. Choice E does a great job in stating the "extent" of impairment.

Helr-CR-1
In Guatemala, archaeologists discovered that some fossils of ancient Elaphurus davidianus, an ancient deer in America, have some severe impairment on forehead of the deer. Clearly, therefore, in the period the ancient deer lived, since only the Maya used the trap that first struck the forehead of the prey, the fossils archaeologists discovered must be those of Maya’s prey.
Which of the following, if true, most weakens the argument above?
A. Some of ancient Elaphurus davidianus do have innate impairment on forehead.
B. The acid rain in Guatemala did not make additional damage on the fossils of ancient Elaphurus davidianus.
C. A great many Maya hunters, who frequently used the trap, lived in Guatemala.
D. Even if the ancient deer was struck by the trap, there would have been no treatment for it available in the period it lived.
E. The trap Maya used could not impair the preys to the extent comparable to that of archaeologist’s discovery
-- by 会员 GMAT (2012/7/2 22:11:56)

-- by 会员 babybearmm (2012/7/3 3:36:34)

17#
发表于 2012-7-4 11:10:05 | 只看该作者
选E 最后的结论是鹿的伤害是猎人造成的。E直接就否定了鹿的伤害不是猎人的,当然是E了。
18#
发表于 2012-7-4 16:01:12 | 只看该作者
选E
BCD无关选项
A也是削弱,但程度不像E那么强,E是可以直接否定题干的结论,而A只是提出一种可能性,并不是否定
19#
发表于 2012-7-4 19:37:58 | 只看该作者
很明显 选E
20#
发表于 2012-7-4 19:39:32 | 只看该作者
我认为是E。E的削弱比较直接。而A就差点了。
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-4-27 19:08
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部