返回列表 发新帖
查看: 2153|回复: 4
打印 上一主题 下一主题

lsat-18-4-24

[复制链接]
楼主
发表于 2004-8-25 06:59:00 | 只看该作者

lsat-18-4-24

24. Odysseus answered well when the priests showed him a picture of those who had honored the gods and then escaped shipwreck, and asked him whether he did not now acknowledge the power of the gods-"Yes," he asked, but where are those pictured who were drowned after their prayers? And such is the way of all superstitions; wherein humans, having a delight in such vanities, mark the events where they are fulfilled, but where they fail, though this happens much oftener neglect and pass them by.

Which one of the following contains the error of reasoning described by the author in the passage?

(A) I have discovered that Friday the 13th really is a day of misfortune. Just this past Friday the 13th, I locked myself out of the house.

(B) Although Napoleon and Alexander the Great were short, Abraham Lincoln and Charles de Gaulle were tall. So short people seek leadership in order to overcome feelings of inferiority.

(C) Every semester for the past 15 years, an average of 10 percent of Ms. Elliot's history students have dropped her course before the exam. So, it seems likely that we can expect 10 percent to drop out this year.

(D) No reliable observer has ever actually seen a yeti. The strongest evidence seems to be some suspicious tracks. So I thing this search for a yeti is probably a wild-goose chase.

(E) I cannot trust my lucky shirt any longer wore it to the game today and our team lost.

what is different between A and E?

I choose E

沙发
发表于 2004-8-26 05:46:00 | 只看该作者
原文描述的推理错误是相信迷信。E是不信,后面一句是原因,前面是结果,重点在结果。
板凳
 楼主| 发表于 2004-8-26 12:38:00 | 只看该作者

这里作者的观点是哪句话呢,but where are those pictured who were drowned after their prayers....... 这是奥得塞说的,还是作者说的?

地板
发表于 2004-8-26 19:25:00 | 只看该作者

lsat-18-4-24

such is the way of all superstitions
5#
发表于 2019-8-4 16:41:29 | 只看该作者
ztlbox 发表于 2004-8-25 06:59
24. Odysseus answered well when the priests showed him a picture of those who had honored the gods a ...

這題其實不難, 但是其實挺抽象。

重點在哪裡? 有人會說這題的邏輯謬誤在於用一個宗教的例子中的某一特性去總結所有的迷信皆有如此特性。不是不對, 但是我們得看有沒有其他的謬誤於其中。

原文結論最後說的, 有滿足其條件的話就會特別註明其發生環境, 而沒有滿足其條件的話就不會特別註明, 反而忽略。 If A, then B and If no A, then no B ( Mistaken Negate )

選項一, " lock myself out " 滿足條件 ---> ” 十三號星期五不幸日 “ 註明其發生環境.  可是以前怎麼都沒有去注意十三號星期五呢? 因為沒有任何滿足條件的發生。 ( Just this past friday the 13th ) 意思就是” 剛好上禮拜五是十三號 “, 所以, 要不是因為滿足條件的發生, 你不會注意到上禮拜五剛好是十三號。- 比較繞的正確答案。

B. A + B ---> C, D + E ---> No C, so, C seeks x to overcome z. ( 狗屁不通)

C. 用過去發生的事情中的特性來概括未來發生的事情會有此特性

D. A ---> No B ---> C, So Search of B ---> D ( 狗屁不通)

E. 來, 首先呢, any longer 載明了, 他以前一定有穿幸運衣去看球, 而有贏 ( 滿足條件之發生而載明發生時的環境), 現在穿幸運衣卻輸球所以不相信 (沒有滿足條件之發生, 還是載明發生時的環境)- mistaken negate. 看似相近, 其實不對。

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

所属分类: 法学院申请

近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-4-28 21:33
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部