返回列表 发新帖
楼主: tony6
打印 上一主题 下一主题

GWD-8-22题,为什么B不行?

[复制链接]
11#
发表于 2004-8-23 20:02:00 | 只看该作者

Answer is D.

B does not have to be true for this question. If the painting deteriorate somewhat with the standards, the standards can still be relaxed if the relaxation does not affect the restoration. I do not know why you choose B. Pls explain.

C is not correct either. It is clearly out of scope. We are talking about restoring this particular type of painting and the standards as well as the change are both for this kind of painting. Whether the museum has other kind of items is irrelevent. Please make sure you understand.

D is one typical answer. It simply points out that it might not be the oil that requires the standard, but something else.

12#
 楼主| 发表于 2004-8-23 20:40:00 | 只看该作者
以下是引用mindfree在2004-8-23 20:02:00的发言:

B does not have to be true for this question. If the painting deteriorate somewhat with the standards, the standards can still be relaxed if the relaxation does not affect the restoration. I do not know why you choose B. Pls explain.

thanks mindfree

the reason i originally chose B is:

the line of reasoning in the stem is since even old oil paint is unaffected by wide fluctuations in temperature and humidity, museums could relax their standards and save money without endangering their Renaissance oil paintings.

so, if, we negate B, under the current standards that museums use when storing Renaissance oil paintings, those paintings already deteriorate, it'll be unreasonable to relax the standards.

pls correct me.

13#
 楼主| 发表于 2004-8-23 21:11:00 | 只看该作者

mindfree:

after scrutinizing the stem several times, I think I might grasp two elements of key points. that is, Renaissance oil paintings and standards about fluctuations in temperature and humidity, and the fact presented in the stem that even old oil paint is unaffected by wide fluctuations in temperature and humidity is unshakable, so B and C should be out of scope.

In B, those paintings deteriorate perhaps due to some reasons other than fluctuations in temperature and humidity.

In C, some items might be hurt which are unrelated to Renaissance oil paintings.

right?

14#
发表于 2004-8-23 22:39:00 | 只看该作者
Mindfree, thx for your explain, I can understand both B and C are irrelevant choice, but how to explain the word 'enough' in answer D, I think it is not necessary.
15#
发表于 2004-8-23 22:55:00 | 只看该作者

To Tony6:

The deteriorating is out of scope. Within the given reasoning, even if the paiting deteriorates badly with the standard, the argument still holds. Just assume that it is the best approach and the same effect can be achieved without the standard.

To Leeon:

It is better with "enough" as it makes it clear that damage done without the standard will make a difference. It simply rules out the possibility that some negligible/unnoticeable damages will be done wihout the standard. In such case, D is not a strong answer any more.

16#
发表于 2004-8-24 07:07:00 | 只看该作者

后来我仔细看了下

认为是D

不过D里欠了个字,the paint该是the old paint

是打错了还是我错了?

17#
发表于 2004-10-2 22:50:00 | 只看该作者
应该是the paint.
18#
发表于 2005-7-16 21:40:00 | 只看该作者

再请nn帮忙,还是没看懂选项D:

None of the materials in Renaissance oil paintings other than the paint are vulnerable enough to relatively wide fluctuations in temperature and humidity to cause damage to the paintings.

19#
发表于 2005-9-13 23:34:00 | 只看该作者
关于D,我有个问题,是否D应该为the old oil paint?这样才是比较说明啊。我就是没看到D中有old oil,认为the paint 应该包含文艺复兴时期的paint--》总体怎么可以和个体比较呢?请指正,谢谢!
20#
发表于 2005-9-14 18:24:00 | 只看该作者

题目中已经隐含the old oil paint比文艺复兴式的paint更容易affected by wide fluctuations in temperature and humidity,D中是说materials other than the paint(指文艺复兴时的paint)  are not vulnerable enough to relatively wide fluctuations in temperature and humidity  取非为削弱,排除了materials cause damage的可能

请指正

[此贴子已经被作者于2005-9-14 18:24:35编辑过]
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-9-30 10:29
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部