ChaseDream
搜索
返回列表 发新帖
00:00:00

That the application of new technology can increase the productivity of existing coal mines is demonstrated by the case of Tribnia's coal industry. Coal output per miner in Tribnia is double what it was five years ago, even though no new mines have opened.

Which of the following can be properly concluded from the statement about coal output per miner in the passage?

正确答案: A

更多相关帖子

帖子

好友

积分

ChaseDream

注册时间
2003-03-17
精华
解析
查看: 2771|回复: 8
打印 上一主题 下一主题

prep08110. (31447-!-item-!-188;#058&006361) (GWD 1-Q14)求助

[复制链接]
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2012-2-5 11:54:49 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
That the application of new technology can increase the productivity of existing coal mines is demonstrated by the case of Tribnia's coal industry.  Coal output per miner in Tribnia is double what it was five years ago, even though no new mines have opened.  
Which of the following can be properly concluded from the statement about coal output per miner in the passage?
A. If the number of miners working in Tribnian coal mines has remained constant in the past five years, Tribnia's total coal production has doubled in that period of time.
B. Any individual Tribnian coal mine that achieved an increase in overall output in the past five years has also experienced an increase in output per miner.
C. If any new coal mines had opened in Tribnia in the past five years, then the increase in output per miner would have been even greater than it actually was.
D. If any individual Tribnian coal mine has not increased its output per miner in the past five years, then that mine's overall output has declined or remained constant.
E. In Tribnia the cost of producing a given quantity of coal has declined over the past five years.
答案是A,可是我开始选了C,虽然看看A知道A没什么错误,但是C也不错吧,而且怎么觉得A单纯的重复题干没什么意思啊。。。
收藏收藏 收藏收藏
沙发
 楼主| 发表于 2012-2-5 12:01:28 | 只看该作者
板凳
 楼主| 发表于 2012-2-5 12:03:59 | 只看该作者
为什么大家只看不回复啊。。。是不是我的问题太幼稚了没人搭理我。。。
地板
发表于 2012-2-5 12:11:05 | 只看该作者
This is a Must-be-true type of question. The correct answer has to be stated in or deduced from the original passage. In C) the concept of a "new mine" is never mentioned in the passage. Therefore, it cannot be the correct answer. After all, C) talks about new information independent of the passage, not a fact or inference according to the passage.
5#
 楼主| 发表于 2012-2-5 12:30:35 | 只看该作者
6#
 楼主| 发表于 2012-2-5 12:31:44 | 只看该作者
This is a Must-be-true type of question. The corect answer has to be stated in the original passage. C) is nevered mentioned in the passage. Therefore, it cannot be the correct answer. After all, C) only states a hypothesis based on the passage, not a fact according to the passage.
-- by 会员 sdcar2010 (2012/2/5 12:11:05)

看了您这题的解释,我顿时明白您帖子的作用了!!!赶紧拜读去!!!赶紧不尽!!!
7#
 楼主| 发表于 2012-2-5 22:57:05 | 只看该作者
This is a Must-be-true type of question. The correct answer has to be stated in or deduced from the original passage. In C) the concept of a "new mine" is never mentioned in the passage. Therefore, it cannot be the correct answer. After all, C) talks about new information independent of the passage, not a fact or inference according to the passage.

嘿嘿,不好意思我想再问一个问题,您看C选项是不是就是您说的Then look for the answer choice which most accurately restates the main conclusion you found in the passage. Possible wrong answers include 1) restating a premise; 2) listing an intermediate conclusion; 3) giving you something you could infer or conclude from the passage (the cardinal sin for Must-be-true type questions).

中的第三条?
嘿嘿其实第三条的意思有点没搞清楚~能否麻烦说一下中文意思?谢谢啦!
8#
发表于 2012-2-5 23:27:25 | 只看该作者

嘿嘿,不好意思我想再问一个问题,您看C选项是不是就是您说的Then look for the answer choice which most accurately restates the main conclusion you found in the passage. Possible wrong answers include 1) restating a premise; 2) listing an intermediate conclusion; 3) giving you something you could infer or conclude from the passage (the cardinal sin for Must-be-true type questions).

中的第三条?
-- by 会员 笨蛋加油 (2012/2/5 22:57:05)

You are smart to quickly find some shortcuts!

I should modify 3) a bit: 3) somthing SEEMS to be correct or deducible from the passage. If you can deduce a conclusion based on the passage, then that thing is still MUST-be-True. But what choice C) does is that it hinges on an assumption: the new mine is the same as the old mine, in EVERY aspect. Whenever you introduce NEW information, that statement is not Must-be-True according to the passage. Hope the above helps.
9#
 楼主| 发表于 2012-2-6 11:15:29 | 只看该作者

中的第三条?
-- by 会员 笨蛋加油 (2012/2/5 22:57:05)

You are smart to quickly find some shortcuts!

I should modify 3) a bit: 3) somthing SEEMS to be correct or deducible from the passage. If you can deduce a conclusion based on the passage, then that thing is still MUST-be-True. But what choice C) does is that it hinges on an assumption: the new mine is the same as the old min, in EVERY aspect. Whenever you introduce NEW information, that statement is not Must-be-True according to the passage. Hope the above helps.
-- by 会员 sdcar2010 (2012/2/5 23:27:25)

嗯~开窍了O(∩_∩)O~你真厉害!!!
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-5-11 01:07
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部