ChaseDream
搜索
12下一页
返回列表 发新帖
00:00:00

The fewer restrictions there are on the advertising of legal services, the more lawyers there are who advertise their services, and the lawyers who advertise a specific service usually charge less for that service than the lawyers who do not advertise. Therefore, if the state removes any of its current restrictions, such as the one against advertisements that do not specify fee arrangements, overall consumer legal costs will be lower than if the state retains its current restrictions.

If the statements above are true, which of the following must be true?

正确答案: C

更多相关帖子

帖子

好友

积分

ChaseDream

注册时间
2003-03-17
精华
解析
查看: 4352|回复: 10
打印 上一主题 下一主题

也谈谈OG-11,各位大牛哥哥姐姐多多指点我哦,从今天起我会天天提问

[复制链接]
楼主
发表于 2004-8-3 13:32:00 | 只看该作者

也谈谈OG-11,各位大牛哥哥姐姐多多指点我哦,从今天起我会天天提问

11、The fewer restrictions there are on the advertising of legal services, the more lawyers there are who advertise their services, and the lawyers who advertise a specific service usually charge less for that service than lawyers who do not advertise. Therefore, if the state removes any of its current restrictions, such as the one against advertisements that do not specify fee arrangements, overall consumer legal costs will be lower than if the state retains its current restrictions.
If the statements in the passage are true, which of the following must be true?
A. Some lawyers who now advertise will charge more for specific services if they do not have to specify fee arrangements in the advertisements.
B. More consumers will use legal services if there are fewer restrictions on the advertising of legal service.
C. If the restriction against advertisements that do not specify fee arrangements is removed, more lawyers will advertise their services.
D. If more lawyers advertise lower prices for specific services, some lawyers who do not advertise will also charge less than they currently charge for those services.
E. If the only restrictions on the advertising of legal services were those that apply to every type of advertising, most lawyers would advertise their services.

我觉得这个题目的逻辑思路是: the premise:fewer restrictions -》more advised service->charge less on the advitised servvice

conclusion:removes any of its current restrictions(这个相当于fewer restrictions )->B->overall consumer legal costs will decrease,我们对照前提和结论,就会发现结论部分却了B,这个B就是我们的答案,就是more advised service这部分,根据这个逻辑关系,我们可以轻松的发现其他逻辑关系都是不存在的。

A中if they do not have to specify fee arrangements in the advertisements.相当于fewer restrictions ,我们应该得出charge less on the advitised servvice BUT NOT OTHERWISE.

B中 if there are fewer restrictions on the advertising of legal service.,我们的不出顾客是否会更多的使用该use legal services

D 和E都分别给出了另外的逻辑条件If more lawyers advertise lower prices for specific services;
If the only restrictions on the advertising of legal services were those that apply to every type of advertising,而这些条件题目中并没有涉及他们的推理。同时E中的RESTRITION IS OUT OF SCOPE.

请问版主我的思路对吗?我现在每天坚持看OG,有问题就问,希望各位大牛多多指点。

沙发
 楼主| 发表于 2004-8-4 00:01:00 | 只看该作者
why no one respond?
板凳
发表于 2004-8-4 01:55:00 | 只看该作者

Hi. Welcome. Sometimes people are quite occupied by their own stuff. Pls be patient.

I think you mean C is the answer. Your reasoning is correct. Even though the question sounds like a conclusion type, it actually asks for assumption. As you pointed out, there is a gap in the reasoning and C filled it.

You mentioned "out of scope". I agree with you. Many of the wrong answers are out of scope. You will do well if you can pick out "out of scope" answer.

Good luck with your study. I think you can also asnwer others' questions.

地板
 楼主| 发表于 2004-8-4 07:16:00 | 只看该作者

thank you ,mindfree gg,i admire you for i have heard a lot of your things on this cd web,i am a newer ,as you can see the date that i registered on this website.you may be surprised for at first time i even do not know what  sc ,cr or og is ,not mention  toCD,so little i know about the gamt before  i prepare for this test.so sad.if only i am not in this unfamiliar country.in such a  low mood how can i improve myself?

now i realize that i must take the test and i must prove myself,so i adjust myself and put all my efforts into this test.will you always help me?mindfree gg,i know you are busy and maybe i am too little before you,but do help me,i think i can improve myself.will you always help me?maybe i will bother you again and again about the silly but difficult questions to me!

anyway, thank you first,

5#
发表于 2004-8-4 07:24:00 | 只看该作者
studying more  mindfree gg's analysis will be helpful for you to grasp the spirit of gmat
6#
 楼主| 发表于 2004-8-4 12:15:00 | 只看该作者
so where i can get all the mindfree gg's analysis about gmat ?can you tell me?thanks a lot!
7#
发表于 2004-8-4 19:41:00 | 只看该作者
8#
 楼主| 发表于 2004-8-5 00:20:00 | 只看该作者
thanks lawyer,i find it ,but how can i send messages to mindfree?
9#
发表于 2004-8-5 00:33:00 | 只看该作者
看到上面的“悄悄话”话了吗,点击就可以发
10#
 楼主| 发表于 2004-8-5 07:07:00 | 只看该作者
thanks lawyer!you are so kind.
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-9-19 10:27
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部