ChaseDream
搜索
12下一页
返回列表 发新帖
00:00:00

An experiment was done in which human subjects recognize a pattern within a matrix of abstract designs and then select another design that completes that pattern. The results of the experiment were surprising. The lowest expenditure of energy in neurons in the brain was found in those subjects who performed most successfully in the experiments.

Which of the following hypotheses best accounts for the findings of the experiment?

正确答案: C

更多相关帖子

帖子

好友

积分

ChaseDream

注册时间
2003-03-17
精华
解析
查看: 8896|回复: 11
打印 上一主题 下一主题

OG12 CR-98 头大,求nn指教

[复制链接]
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2011-9-11 22:42:34 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
98. An experiment was done in which human subjects recognize a pattern within a matrix of abstract designs and then select another design that completes that pattern. The results of the experiment were surprising. The lowest expenditure of energy in neurons in the brain was found in those subjects who performed most successfully in the experiments.
Which of the following hypotheses best accounts for the findings of the experiment?
(A)            The neurons of the brain react less when a subject is trying to recognize patterns than when the subject is doing other kinds of reasoning.
(B)         Those who performed best in the experiment experienced more satisfaction when working with abstract patterns than did those who performed less well.
(C)        People who are better at abstract pattern recognition have more energy-efficient neural connections.
(D)        The energy expenditure of the subjects' brains increases when a design that completes the initially recognized pattern is determined.
(E)         The task of completing a given design is more capably performed by athletes, whose energy expenditure is lower when they are at rest.

我自己翻译如下:有一个实验,让被实验者在大量抽象设计中选择一个类型,然后选择另外个设计来完成这个类型。实验的结果非常让人吃惊。表现最成功的被实验者所消耗的大脑神经元能量是最少的。
a)当被实验者尝试识别一个类型的时候,大脑神经元的反应要比此人做其他逻辑推理的时候要少
b) 在处理抽象类型的时候,那些在表现最好的被实验者比表现较差的被实验者获得更多的满足。
c) 能更好识别抽象类型的人有更高效的节能类神经连接。
d)当一个完成最初识别图案的设计被确定后,被实验者的大脑能量消耗增加。
e)运动员能更好的完成制定的设计,因为他们的能量消耗在休息的时候较少。

一开始读这道题实在觉得creepy。首先不确定翻译准确否,特别是highlighted的部分。请nn们指教。
通过排除法我知道选择c,但是总觉得还是有点不对。请教下各位对这道题的reasoning

收藏收藏 收藏收藏
沙发
发表于 2011-9-11 22:52:54 | 只看该作者
To explain why the better performers use less energy.

(C) People who are better(better performers) at abstract pattern recognition have more energy-efficient neural connections (use less energy).
板凳
 楼主| 发表于 2011-9-11 23:07:48 | 只看该作者
This is what I am confused with: Does better performers mean people who are good at recognizing abstract pattern, people who can efficiently select another design to complete or people who can recognize a pattern and then select another design that completes that pattern?  

I guess I am still not quite understand the meaning of "Human subjects recognized a pattern within a matrix of abstract designs and then select another design that completes that pattern"

If more option,like the example I made up in the following, is provided, can I consider it as right one?

F) People who are better at selecting a design to complete a abstract pattern have more energ-efficient neural connections.

Thank you!

(C) People who are better(better performers) at abstract pattern recognition have more energy-efficient neural connections (use less energy).
-- by 会员 cdwayne (2011/9/11 22:52:54)

地板
发表于 2011-9-11 23:28:32 | 只看该作者
This is what I am confused with: Does better performers mean people who are good at recognizing abstract pattern, people who can efficiently select another design to complete or people who can recognize a pattern and then select another design that completes that pattern?  
You think too much. In this stimulus there are only two kinds of people: better & worse.

I guess I am still not quite understand the meaning of "Human subjects recognized a pattern within a matrix of abstract designs and then select another design that completes that pattern"

If more option,like the example I made up in the following, is provided, can I consider it as right one?

F) People who are better at selecting a design to complete a abstract pattern have more energ-efficient neural connections.

yes
5#
 楼主| 发表于 2011-9-11 23:34:48 | 只看该作者
Dear cdwayne,

Thank you for your answers. Could you please translate the first sentence of the stimulus for me?
You think too much. In this stimulus there are only two kinds of people: better & worse.

yes
-- by 会员 cdwayne (2011/9/11 23:28:32)

6#
发表于 2011-9-12 00:03:30 | 只看该作者
有句話怎麼說的?千言萬語比不上圖片一張?
他指的其實就是這個
http://student.zjzk.cn/course_ware/psychologycai/images/psypic/gif/0605.GIF
7#
 楼主| 发表于 2011-9-12 00:49:40 | 只看该作者
You rock!
有句話怎麼說的?千言萬語比不上圖片一張?
他指的其實就是這個
http://student.zjzk.cn/course_ware/psychologycai/images/psypic/gif/0605.GIF
-- by 会员 cdwayne (2011/9/12 0:03:30)

8#
发表于 2011-11-7 20:51:54 | 只看该作者

-- by 会员 cdwayne (2011/9/11 22:52:54)

嗯,就是用文中信息解释。简单明了的解答!
9#
发表于 2011-11-7 20:57:35 | 只看该作者
但是题目的意思是先挑选出一个图案,然后再选一个图案来完成拼图。
cdwayne 你那个图片表达的不是这个意思吧。
10#
发表于 2011-11-23 20:41:12 | 只看该作者
对于这一个什么样的实验没什么关系,要抓住前后关系:即performance越好,耗能越少;直接就能选出C
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-9-20 01:17
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部