ChaseDream
搜索
返回列表 发新帖
楼主: mmbma
打印 上一主题 下一主题

[申请总结] 经验总结:IN@Columbia MBA, WL HBS Round 3.

[精华] [复制链接]
21#
发表于 2012-6-15 18:26:31 | 只看该作者
想问一下,申请J term的如果不是想创业的,是不是最好有原来公司的return offer啊? 你觉得J term的学生的profile和秋季入学的学生的profile差得远吗?是不是大家都不太在一起mingle啊?
-- by 会员 ellenhong (2012/6/15 17:58:42)

please see quote from CBS 2012 Q&A thread:
J-term = fall-term MBA - internship.

Of course it will hurt your chances, in some industries more than others(for example, investment banking, sales & trading, etc) That's why J term does attract certain specific applicant pools.
three biggest J-term pools compared to fall-term: family business (don't need a job/internship), sponsored management consultants (don't need a job/internship), buyside (PE/HF) people (too good to need an internship to find a job, or decide to do term-time internships. I know guys who started their own hedge funds before CBS).
There are also other people who are not career switchers or who are absolutely confident that they can switch without an internship (e.g. a JP Morgan equity research guy wanting to switch to investment banking). Maybe that's why there are also a lot of former investment banking analysts in j-term--some of them want to switch out of banking and don't need an internship to prove their capabilities. And also, you meet guys with very unusual backgrounds, like the son of the president of a certain country, etc.

That said, J-term program still can be used to switch careers. For example, i know at least 3 chinese class of 2011 j-termers switched to investment banking from accounting, general management and corporate finance, and all of them will be based in NY.

Don't want to overgeneralize here but because j-term people normally have less job pressure and concerns, the culture among them seem to be naturally a lot more relaxed and fun than that of the fall-term guys. They party all the time. And because there are so many family business guys with deep pockets, they party real hard. I heard one cluster parties in a 5-star hotel in NY every weekend.

So in short, it is great for certain people, but i can imagine it being challenging for others. Make your own call

here is a student-made video about the j-termers. really funny.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjX5897zu8E

J-termers and fall termers mingle all the time. in fact despite of people's background differences, fall termers and j-termers get along seamlessly well. Even more so among Chinese students, thanks to all kinds of club activities and self-initiated ones.

22#
发表于 2014-8-31 17:09:27 | 只看该作者
群主很赞~~~
23#
发表于 2016-12-23 19:00:07 | 只看该作者
体育行业人才稀缺  有机会抱个团哈  
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-4-26 00:54
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部