ChaseDream
搜索
返回列表 发新帖
00:00:00

Division Manager:I want to replace the Microton computers in my division with Vitech computers.
General Manager:Why?
Division Manager:It costs 28 percent less to train new staff on the Vitech.
General Manager:But that is not a good enough reason.We can simply hire only people who already know how to use the Microton computer.

Which of the following, if true, most seriously undermines the general manager's objection to the replacement of Microton computers with Vitechs?

正确答案: C

更多相关帖子

帖子

好友

积分

ChaseDream

注册时间
2003-03-17
精华
解析
查看: 3320|回复: 4
打印 上一主题 下一主题

OG-VERBAL分册-蓝皮-CR-49

[复制链接]
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2011-3-23 09:52:20 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
Division manager: I want to replace the Microton computers in my division with Vitech computers.
General manager: Why?
Division manager: It costs 28 percent less to train new staff on the Vitech.
General manager: But that is not a good enough reason. We can simply hire only people who already know how to use the Microton computer.
Which of the following, if true, most seriously undermines the general manager’s objection to the replacement of Microton computers with Vitechs?
(A) Currently all employees in the company are required to attend workshops on how to use Microton computers in new applications.
(B) Once employees learn how to use a computer, they tend to change employers more readily than before.
(C) Experienced users of Microton computers command much higher salaries than do prospective employees who have no experience in the use of computers.
(D) The average productivity of employees in the general manager’s company is below the average productivity of the employees of its competitors.
(E) The high costs of replacement parts make Vitech computers more expensive to maintain than Microton computers.

我选的是A,正确答案是C。
A选项说的,所有在新职位上的雇员都要进行培训。我的理解是,无论应聘前会不会使用Microton的都要进行培训,意味着general manager说的只雇佣会使用Microton的雇员这种做法无效,因为雇佣会使用与不会使用所需要的培训成本都是一样的,从而削弱了general manager以雇佣会使用Micoton的雇员这种方式减少成本的意见。
请问这样的理解有什么缺陷?
收藏收藏 收藏收藏
沙发
发表于 2011-3-23 10:56:19 | 只看该作者
这个ARGUE是:
经理希望更换部门用电脑,理由是使用V电脑比使用M电脑,在培训方面成本降低。
老板反驳的要点是:我们可以雇佣会M电脑的新员工,隐含意义是我们就不需要支付培训费用了。

问题选出选项里最削弱老板理由的项目

A选项讲的是目前所有员工都被要求参加培训,这个培训是指如何在新的应用中使用M电脑。我的理解现有员工不会M电脑才需要参加培训,如果新员工是会M电脑的,他就不需要参加这个培训了。因此选项A对老板的观点是支持的。

楼主理解选项A有个错误,因为它并没有说“新员工”被要求要培训,而是目前所有员工要培训。

个人意见,欢迎拍砖!
板凳
发表于 2011-3-23 11:13:01 | 只看该作者
Divisionmanager: I want to replace the Microton computers in my division with Vitech computers.
General manager: Why?
Divisionmanager: It costs 28 percent less to train new staff on the Vitech.
General manager: But that is not a good enough reason. We can simply hire only people who already know how to use the Microton computer.
Which of the following, if true, most seriously undermines the general manager’s objection to the replacement of Microton computers with Vitechs?
(A) Currently all employees in the company are required to attend workshops on how to use Microton computers in new applications.
(B) Once employees learn how to use a computer, they tend to change employers more readily than before.
(C) Experienced users of Microton computers command much higher salaries than do prospective employees who have no experience in the use of computers.
(D) The average productivity of employees in the general manager’s company is below the average productivity of the employees of its competitors.
(E) The high costs of replacement parts make Vitech computers more expensive to maintain than Microton computers.

-- by 会员 jianglindenise (2011/3/23 9:52:20)

整片文章说的是用M还是V,COST的高低,要old员工还是new员工的问题
Division manager的意思是想用V
General
manager的意思是D的理由不充分,想用M(假设)

题目问的是驳斥GENERAL manager 的V替代M

A.雇员需要学习如何用M在new applications。换句话说,雇员需不需要在new applications学M运用的问题。提出了一个未知的范围,并且文中没有提到。不知道我的回答让你满意吗?
B.一旦雇员会用computer,他们会改变雇主现在与之前做比较,文章没有现在与之前会不会改变雇主的比较,干掉
C.有经验会用M的员工需要更高的工资比没有经验的,工资与成本有直接关系,放着
D.g公司平均生产效率与其竞争者的对比,与原文不沾边,干掉
E.V的成本比M高,这选项与原文沾边,放着

剩下C和E,C驳斥General manager而E支持General manager

所以选C

这是个好题啊!
地板
发表于 2011-3-23 11:42:13 | 只看该作者
currently all employee in the company说的是一般情况下所有人都要培训M,这本身就是不符合实际的,会M的人培训M是一种资源的浪费,manager也不会愿意本来可以利用培训的时间为自己创造更大的价值的时间被占据。另外雇佣的成本不知道是不是一样的,人多的话可能要培训几次分班进行,这本来就成本高,这种假设也不合理的。
5#
 楼主| 发表于 2011-3-24 19:55:30 | 只看该作者
谢谢以上几楼的大虾们~~

我把in new applications的意思理解错了~~

现在明白了~~~

Thanks a lot~~~
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-9-19 12:32
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部