搜索
返回列表 发新帖
楼主: lakerfan123
打印 上一主题 下一主题

[申请总结] 请问是否应该Reapply, 求建议!!

[精华] [复制链接]
101#
发表于 2011-3-2 14:53:18 | 只看该作者
I'm also a re-applicant ( NYU & UCLA ). UCLA rejected me directly, twice. NYU gave me W/L last year and an interview invitation this year. I think you should try to learn more about schools' attitude toward re-applicants first. According to a NYU admin officer, a good percentage (more than 30% if I was correct) of admitted students is re-applicant.  As for UCLA, I think they just don't prefer re-applicant as much as NYU.

I believe that you are good enough for these top schools, you just need to improve your essays. Besides, why don't you consider European MBA programs? Insead, LBS, and many other schools are also very strong in finance. Most important of all, they don't know you already applied MBA last year. You will not be disadvantageous.

Personal advice, I think you should do your best and apply again this year, or you may spend the rest of your life wondering "what if".
102#
 楼主| 发表于 2011-3-2 15:19:18 | 只看该作者
I'm also a re-applicant ( NYU & UCLA ). UCLA rejected me directly, twice. NYU gave me W/L last year and an interview invitation this year. I think you should try to learn more about schools' attitude toward re-applicants first. According to a NYU admin officer, a good percentage (more than 30% if I was correct) of admitted students is re-applicant.  As for UCLA, I think they just don't prefer re-applicant as much as NYU.

I believe that you are good enough for these top schools, you just need to improve your essays. Besides, why don't you consider European MBA programs? Insead, LBS, and many other schools are also very strong in finance. Most important of all, they don't know you already applied MBA last year. You will not be disadvantageous.

Personal advice, I think you should do your best and apply again this year, or you may spend the rest of your life wondering "what if".
-- by 会员 berceuse626 (2011/3/2 14:53:18)

Thanks for posting. Your last sentence is so meaningful...that's exactly what I can imagine now. I guess whenever I confront any drawbacks, I would think about the useless "what if". If I know I'll regret, maybe I should really try again.

Thanks for sharin your own re-application experience with UCLA and NYU. Of the postings of this thread, you're the second one mentioned that you re-apply and got the interview. Seem like NYU really likes the continued commitment. I guess Tuck has the same attitude towards re-applicants. Thanks for providing such important information.

Lastly, I know Insead and LBS are really good schools. But personally I'm attractive to American life-style. Besides, I read some postings that the Top B-schools in Europe tend to admit applicants with longer working experience. Correct me if I'm wrong. Thank you.
103#
发表于 2011-3-3 10:24:08 | 只看该作者
I think your credential is good - GMAT, experience and etc. I am  not sure about Tofel requirement so cannot comment there.

Just reapply next year. Use this year to test the water. If  u r not sure about Emory now, you will not be happy anyways. I have full scholarship from Kelley (backup) but am waiting for M and H. If I dunt get in my dream schools, I will not go to Kelley anyways but reapply next year.
104#
发表于 2011-3-3 10:27:59 | 只看该作者
嘻嘻,我来帮你顶哈
105#
 楼主| 发表于 2011-3-3 15:39:10 | 只看该作者
嘻嘻,我来帮你顶哈
-- by 会员 cammela (2011/3/3 10:27:59)

您终于现身了...大牛...
106#
 楼主| 发表于 2011-3-3 15:42:50 | 只看该作者
I think your credential is good - GMAT, experience and etc. I am  not sure about Tofel requirement so cannot comment there.

Just reapply next year. Use this year to test the water. If  u r not sure about Emory now, you will not be happy anyways. I have full scholarship from Kelley (backup) but am waiting for M and H. If I dunt get in my dream schools, I will not go to Kelley anyways but reapply next year.
-- by 会员 babyif19 (2011/3/3 10:24:08)

Hi..thanks for posting. Are you waiting for MIT and Harvard? Awesome...Thanks for your advice, we kinda have the same situation here, hope we could talk more about this re-application. But of course, good luck to your M and H!!
107#
 楼主| 发表于 2011-3-3 15:53:54 | 只看该作者

-- by 会员 babyif19 (2011/3/3 10:24:08)

Hi..thanks for posting. Are you waiting for MIT and Harvard? Awesome...Thanks for your advice, we kinda have the same situation here, hope we could talk more about this re-application. But of course, good luck on your M and H!!
-- by 会员 lakerfan123 (2011/3/3 15:42:50)

108#
发表于 2011-3-3 22:15:24 | 只看该作者
我建议换个工作吧。。。现在有一些4大的去了PE什么的,你不妨试试看?
-- by 会员 bigjoe (2011/3/2 0:15:47)

赞成这个建议,四大去PE还是比较可行的,工作1~2年再申,背景会增强很多,留在big4即使转部门也很难将自己从pool里differentiate出来
109#
发表于 2019-11-24 16:25:52 | 只看该作者
作为一个四大人,作为一个同样在今年申请但是在round1被拒的同学,看到这个8年前的帖子感触良多。

这大概是我第一个看完全部评论的帖子吧哈哈,重新顶起来。

另外,特别好奇楼主后来怎么样了。当然过了这么多年估计楼主早已不来CD了吧,楼主过的还好吗。 哇忽然有点时空的伤感。
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-4-24 00:01
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部