ChaseDream
搜索
返回列表 发新帖
查看: 4364|回复: 6

[Essay] Essay for University of Wisconsin

[复制链接]
发表于 2010-10-14 00:34:34 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
各位,University of Wisconsin第一篇文章该怎么构思呢,百思不得其解中
The Wisconsin MBA considers academic integrity to be the foundation of any well functioning academic community.  Thus, it is imperative that we maintain high and exacting academic integrity standards if we are to succeed in building a community of business leaders of tomorrow.  As the conduct of business is based first and foremost on trust, so our success depends on our ability to trust each other.

Please respond to the statement above.  Do you agree/disagree?  How does this statement reflect in the larger business context?  More specifically, how does this statement reflect in both your short and long-term career goals?
发表于 2010-10-14 15:49:28 | 显示全部楼层
Hey there!  We have a system for answering this essay question—we know Wisconsin’s application well, especially because they have a strong real estate program.  Here is the outline that we recommend at : split the essay up into four parts.

Two years ago, I had a business situation.  I found myself in a moral dilemma.  Describe the unusual, interesting situation where you found yourself.
Now, tell us what you DID.  First, I did X.  Then I did Y.  Finally, I did Z to solve the dilemma, morally.
This story shows how important morals are.  Here, tie back to the question.  Of course I agree with the idea of integrity.  I upheld Wisconsin’s morals in this instance.
And when I grow up, I will do the same.  My short term goals are moral, my long term goals are moral.  I will always operate myself with integrity.
J  See that?  It is a science.

Hope this helps!

Jon Frank
发表于 2010-10-14 20:13:48 | 显示全部楼层
But the essay prompt also mentions "trust in doing business", seemingly there are two themes: ethics and trust, which are expected in the answers. Quite strange.
Hey there!  We have a system for answering this essay question—we know Wisconsin’s application well, especially because they have a strong real estate program.  Here is the outline that we recommend at : split the essay up into four parts.

Two years ago, I had a business situation.  I found myself in a moral dilemma.  Describe the unusual, interesting situation where you found yourself.
Now, tell us what you DID.  First, I did X.  Then I did Y.  Finally, I did Z to solve the dilemma, morally.
This story shows how important morals are.  Here, tie back to the question.  Of course I agree with the idea of integrity.  I upheld Wisconsin’s morals in this instance.
And when I grow up, I will do the same.  My short term goals are moral, my long term goals are moral.  I will always operate myself with integrity.
J  See that?  It is a science.

Hope this helps!

Jon Frank
Founder,
-- by 会员 JonFrank (2010/10/14 15:49:28)

楼主| 发表于 2010-10-14 21:59:05 | 显示全部楼层
Agree with rechardql.
I just cannot figure out how to the link between ethics and trust.
发表于 2010-10-16 11:52:29 | 显示全部楼层
Let me try to help explain this link my friends.  In fact, you are over-thinking this issue.  J

Remember where we are in history.  Many people have done many dishonest things.  Madoff, Enron—these were people who turned out not to be trustworthy.   They also turned out to be unethical.  So what is the difference between trust and ethics?  What is the connection?  For the purposes of this essay, they are exactly the same.  Don’t get hung up on these details here—you are, as we say in English, in danger of “losing the forest for the trees.”  The key is to show that you will uphold the academic integrity of Wisconsin.  The trick is to show that you have faced such challenges in your life, and overcome them—morally, and in a way that will inspires to do the same.  And therefore, to trust you.  Just stick with the general idea of ethics here, guys.  Morality.  Doing the right thing.  Don’t over think it!  J
Hope this helps, and good luck!

Jon Frank
 楼主| 发表于 2010-10-17 00:23:45 | 显示全部楼层
Thanks JonFrank.
I have consulted with the friends in Wisconsin and they gave me the same answer.
发表于 2010-12-15 18:15:49 | 显示全部楼层
a story for question 1? we have to answer: How does this statement reflect in the larger business context?
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-3-29 21:26
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部