返回列表 发新帖
查看: 3528|回复: 5
打印 上一主题 下一主题

[Essay] 请教关于wharton的career goal

[复制链接]
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2010-7-16 16:39:51 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
今年字限300,还有必要写进Why MBA, Why Wharton, Why now这些内容吗?
谢谢!
收藏收藏 收藏收藏
沙发
发表于 2010-8-11 17:01:47 | 只看该作者
同问。也才不久前看到他家这个题目。感觉它限制300字的意图,应该是这个why school/why mba/why now的问题都不用写了。否则300字哪里够呢。
板凳
发表于 2010-8-12 09:11:44 | 只看该作者
Surely you can do so by integrating why MBA, why now and why school in the goal essay. But it should be naturally looking.
地板
发表于 2010-8-12 20:49:39 | 只看该作者
Yes, you will want to cover this issue in the essay for sure.  You dont have a lot of words of course, but the Why MBA and Why Wharton piece will be critical to your career goal.  Here is how it should work.  Open with your first paragraph on something catchy, something that ties to your career goals.  By the end of the first paragraph, the reader needs to know what you wanna do when you grow up.  Then in the next paragraph, explain why in order to achieve this goal, you need an MBA.  You dont need to get too specific, but you DO need to explain how an MBA fits into the puzzle.  Then in the third and final paragraph, walk us through the short term goal, and how it is the required first step to achieve your goals.  Hope this help, feel free to email me with questions, and good luck!

Jon Frank
HBS 2005
5#
发表于 2010-8-13 00:06:30 | 只看该作者
I think that with only 300 words that, more than ever, this will force you to cut out the 'what' for the 'how' and 'why'. Leave everything that can be said on the resume... for the resume.

Jon gives good advice- focus on what your objectives are (which can't go on your resume) and what you need to do to reach them; as well as why you think that's the case (which typically deals with 1) what skills u already have 2) what skills u lack 3) what you need to do to pick up those skills)

With regards to the paragraph structure, I have no comments. Write however you want- just make sure you include the right content, and you'll be fine.

PS, 'objectives', to me, suggests they want very clearly thought out answers- like when you're setting objectives for a project, as opposed to just a goal.
6#
发表于 2010-8-13 10:12:22 | 只看该作者
'objectives', to me, suggests they want very clearly thought out answers- like when you're setting objectives for a project, as opposed to just a goal.
—— Jason, I'm sorry, i cant understand the last sentence,  can you detail to me?
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-4-23 16:11
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部