ChaseDream
搜索
返回列表 发新帖
00:00:00

Traveler: Southern Airways has a far worse safety record than Air Dacentaria over the past few years, in terms of both the frequency of accidents and the severity of accidents. Therefore, although Air Dacentaria is slightly more expensive, I will choose it over Southern Airways for my flight from Pederton to Dacenta, since it is worth paying extra to have a safer flight.

Which of the following, if true, casts the most serious doubt on the traveler's argument?

正确答案: B

更多相关帖子

帖子

好友

积分

ChaseDream

注册时间
2003-03-17
精华
解析
查看: 2010|回复: 4
打印 上一主题 下一主题

请教prep的一道题

[复制链接]
楼主
发表于 2009-6-7 21:28:00 | 只看该作者

请教prep的一道题

Traveler:  Southern Airways has a far worse safety record than Air Dacentaria over the past few years, in terms of both the frequency of accidents and the severity of accidents.  Therefore, although Air Dacentaria is slightly more expensive, I will choose it over Southern Airways for my flight from Pederton to Dacenta, since it is worth paying extra to have a safer flight.

Which of the following, if true, casts the most serious doubt on the traveler's argument?

(A) Air Dacentaria's flight from Pederton to Dacenta is nonstop, whereas Southern Airways' flight touches down in Gorinda on the way.

(B) Most Southern Airways flights, but not its flight from Pederton to Dacenta, use Sarmouth airport, which because of its mountainous location is one of the world's most dangerous.

(C) For its flights from Pederton to Dacenta, Southern Airways uses a different model of airplane, with a smaller capacity, than the model Air Dacentaria uses for its flights on the same route.

(D) Only in the last few years has the cost of flying from Pederton to Dacenta been more expensive on Air Dacentaria than on Southern Airways.

(E) Although the frequency of accidents is greater on Southern Airways, on both airlines the proportion of flights that have accidents is very small.

答案 给的是B 

E为什么不对 请大叫帮帮忙!

沙发
发表于 2009-6-7 22:18:00 | 只看该作者
感觉上b更好一些吧,说明这条航线事故率不高更直接。e只是说事故率不重要
板凳
发表于 2009-6-8 22:25:00 | 只看该作者

E强调的是两个公司都有较小比例的事故率。而sa公司只是事故频发罢了。

这个个人感觉与题目一点关系都没有。题目要求解释为什么事故频发。

地板
发表于 2009-6-8 23:25:00 | 只看该作者

原文结构:因为SA比AD不安全,

所以选择AD

原文的主要前提是,SA比AD不安全,“事故发生率和事故严重程度”只不过是障眼法而已。

如果要攻击这个前提,你就要提出其他原因导致SA比AD不安全,而不是SA本身问题。b恰好提出了机场才是“罪魁祸首”,从而,从根本上否决了结论。而e没有对这个前提进行攻击,也没有从根本上进行否决。

另外,e不过是提出“SA和AD的事故率都小”,既然事故率都小,那么就不会影响traveler选择AD,不选SA。也就达不到攻击的作用了。

[此贴子已经被作者于2009-6-8 23:28:52编辑过]
5#
发表于 2009-6-9 00:07:00 | 只看该作者

这个可能需要一些常识来帮助理解为什么B更好,飞机起飞和下降过程出事的情况要远远多于飞行过程中,因为要穿越云层,此外还有起落架问题等等,选项B很明显是个很强的攻击

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-9-29 20:06
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部