ChaseDream
搜索
返回列表 发新帖
00:00:00

Twenty years ago, Balzania put in place regulations requiring operators of surface mines to pay for the reclamation of mined-out land. Since then, reclamation technology has not improved. Yet, the average reclamation cost for a surface coal mine being reclaimed today is only four dollars per ton of coal that the mine produced, less than half what it cost to reclaim surface mines in the years immediately after the regulations took effect.

Which of the following, if true, most helps to account for the drop in reclamation costs described?

正确答案: C

更多相关帖子

帖子

好友

积分

ChaseDream

注册时间
2003-03-17
精华
解析
查看: 1447|回复: 1

一道题,麻烦解答

[复制链接]
发表于 2009-4-25 01:29:00 | 显示全部楼层

一道题,麻烦解答

Twenty years ago, Balzania put in place regulations requiring operators of surface mines to pay for the reclamation of mined-out land.  Since then, reclamation technology has not improved.  Yet, the average reclamation cost for a surface coal mine being reclaimed today is only four dollars per ton of coal that the mine produced, less than half what it cost to reclaim surface mines in the years immediately after the regulations took effect.

Which of the following, if true, most helps to account for the drop in reclamation costs described?

1. Even after Balzania began requiring surface mine operators to pay reclamation costs, coal mines in Balzania continued to be less expensive to operate than coal mines in almost any other country.
  2. In the twenty years since the regulations took effect, the use of coal as a fuel has declined from the level it was at in the previous twenty years.
  3. Mine operators have generally ceased surface mining in the mountainous areas of Balzania because reclamation costs per ton of coal produced are particularly high for mines in such areas.
  4. Even after Balzania began requiring surface mine operators to pay reclamation costs, surface mines continued to produce coal at a lower total cost than underground mines.
  5. As compared to twenty years ago, a greater percentage of the coal mined in Balzania today comes from surface mines.

答案C的道理我知道,我想问的既然山区的矿贵,那么为什么这些人不在法规出来之前就去便宜的地方采,为啥非要等到法规出来了然后再去便宜的地方,这个有点不符合正常逻辑啊,还是我想错了,麻烦解答,另外问一下考过的,作文和Prep 大概要多久能看完,我现在还有1个月考试。谢谢了!!

楼主| 发表于 2009-4-29 16:41:00 | 显示全部楼层
谁来看看我的问题啊
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-3-29 06:24
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部