搜索
返回列表 发新帖
楼主: tobeistodo
打印 上一主题 下一主题

有没有人了解fidelity香港的薪水

[复制链接]
21#
发表于 2008-6-21 04:13:00 | 只看该作者

如果你要去buy side,最好是问清楚到底有没有carrie,至少我这里没有。有的话是个很大加分。再问signing bonus有多少,跳槽你的annual bonus他们给不给你补。这些都是你要考虑的关键因素。还有fidelity好几个fund,问清楚哪一个对我们帮你判断很有帮助。

现在市场不好,谈不到什么好价钱。WP最近从gs招了2个人,钱差不多,就是life style好些。

22#
 楼主| 发表于 2008-6-22 22:06:00 | 只看该作者

I posted the message to seek for advice on Fidelity's remuneration. I didn't intend to offend anybody here. I neither disvalued buy-side job nor showed off my background. I know many people who have more glorious resumes and I admire those people. I also know CFAI requires 3-yr-exp so as to award the charter to candidates who finished the exams before 07.I got 2-yr accounting exp before joining the investment community where I've been spending 2.5 years. As for II ranking, people in this community have access to the those worksheets which present the details about how many votes each analyst won. I mentioned II in order to make it clear that I don't need brand name any more and I just wanna monetise my current employer's brand name when searching for my next job. Anyway, due diligence on my resume is not the topic of this post. I apologise for those who feel offended.

Not a generous employer, Fidelity offers no more than HKD 60k/m for its analyst. I do not know if Fidelity gives housing allowance or not. Although it does offer discretionary bonus at year-end, I do not think it will pay a bonus as big as sell-side. Analysts do assignments for 2-3 years and then rotate. Fidelity will not promote an analyst to PM until the analyst finishes at least 3 assignments, which implies the most outstanding/fortunate analysts spend 6-9 years to become PMs!!! (When hearing this, I decided this is not my cup of tea). For such a huge long-only fund, it's quite difficult to add value. Moreover, life is not easy, analysts have to call PMs to sell their ideas, which sounds quite like sell-side. Fidelity has some 40 analysts, and only a handful of PMs in AP.

I'm going to see their DoR tomorrow though I do not wanna work for this fund. I'll keep those interested updated.

23#
发表于 2008-6-22 22:37:00 | 只看该作者
fidelity is fidelity, if you already have some stamps on your resume, why not join a smaller fund and take a more senior role?
24#
发表于 2008-6-23 00:20:00 | 只看该作者
以下是引用jkmbe在2008-6-22 22:37:00的发言:
fidelity is fidelity, if you already have some stamps on your resume, why not join a smaller fund and take a more senior role?

cannot agree more

and sincerely wish LZ good luck in exploring other buy-side opps

25#
发表于 2008-6-23 07:44:00 | 只看该作者

waiting for updates from LZ....

26#
发表于 2008-6-23 12:51:00 | 只看该作者
祝福楼主~加油啊~
27#
发表于 2008-6-24 05:51:00 | 只看该作者
以下是引用tobeistodo在2008-6-22 22:06:00的发言:

I posted the message to seek for advice on Fidelity's remuneration. I didn't intend to offend anybody here. I neither disvalued buy-side job nor showed off my background. I know many people who have more glorious resumes and I admire those people. I also know CFAI requires 3-yr-exp so as to award the charter to candidates who finished the exams before 07.I got 2-yr accounting exp before joining the investment community where I've been spending 2.5 years. As for II ranking, people in this community have access to the those worksheets which present the details about how many votes each analyst won. I mentioned II in order to make it clear that I don't need brand name any more and I just wanna monetise my current employer's brand name when searching for my next job. Anyway, due diligence on my resume is not the topic of this post. I apologise for those who feel offended.

Not a generous employer, Fidelity offers no more than HKD 60k/m for its analyst. I do not know if Fidelity gives housing allowance or not. Although it does offer discretionary bonus at year-end, I do not think it will pay a bonus as big as sell-side. Analysts do assignments for 2-3 years and then rotate. Fidelity will not promote an analyst to PM until the analyst finishes at least 3 assignments, which implies the most outstanding/fortunate analysts spend 6-9 years to become PMs!!! (When hearing this, I decided this is not my cup of tea). For such a huge long-only fund, it's quite difficult to add value. Moreover, life is not easy, analysts have to call PMs to sell their ideas, which sounds quite like sell-side. Fidelity has some 40 analysts, and only a handful of PMs in AP.

I'm going to see their DoR tomorrow though I do not wanna work for this fund. I'll keep those interested updated.

i am interested. i am now working with another big fund in the states, but looking to move back to asia in the future. it seems among big IM companies only Fidelity has serious asian business.

if Fidelity only pays less than 60 k monthly to analysts in hong kong, i would say its compensation is obviously much lower than that in boston office.

by the way, not all analysts want to become PM. analysts could be compensated higher than PM in some cases...

An analyst with 3-5 years of experience could earn 300k+ USD in my firm. i am not sure how your impression that buy-side analysts earn less than sell-side comes from...oh by the way, i used to work at sell side research with a major bank. i was really tired of having to please my clients. personally i like buy-side life style more than sell-side.

28#
发表于 2008-6-24 09:51:00 | 只看该作者
lol, then why not show them what you got before heading for interview
29#
发表于 2008-6-30 23:18:00 | 只看该作者
think about income tax mate. HK is much lower, a lot more cash on hand!
30#
发表于 2017-9-25 23:14:22 | 只看该作者
看帖学习了
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-4-19 12:47
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部