返回列表 发新帖
查看: 3990|回复: 4
打印 上一主题 下一主题

Your advice on my b-school applications. Many thks

[复制链接]
楼主
发表于 2003-4-14 20:53:00 | 只看该作者

Your advice on my b-school applications. Many thks

I list my profile as follow, in the hope for any insider's comment on my b-school application:

1)Academic:
TOEFL:630
GMAT: 720
Associate-degree in Commodity Inspection (Chemistry Dept. concentration)
B.S in Computer Network from a key Uni. in China (will be graduating next year)
Overall GPA 2.8(The Dept.is rather strict on grading,moreover i gotta work full time while studing hard)
Awards: Twice the winner of school English-speech contests in Uni.

2)W/e
3 years as an interperter in fields of technology and business affairs
Participated in a huge project for factory expansion mainly as
an interpreter and co-ordinater

3)My post-MBA goal is to be Hi-tech consultant/operation management.

4)Confident and self-motivated person.Passionate and persistent in everthing i am involved.

Would any insider so kind as to answer my Qs as follow:

1)Since i got rather low GPA,will my Gmat score compensate for it more or less? Do I have to give any explanations to the Adcom in this regard?

2)Will my 3 years of full-time w/e COUNT since i graduated with an associated-degree? And how do i explain that i will be graduating with B.S in the year 2004, if i apply for the enrollment in fall 2004?

3)How does my overall profile sound like? What about my chance to Top 20? Considering my background,will you please recommend me any school based on strench/competitive/safety catalog?

4)Anything that i definitely have to strengthen up?

5)*Actually i do not think i would have enough money for my MBA program,consequently i am thinking of those second or third tier schools which would probably offer full scholarships(TA/RA) to their admitted. I would appreciate on your comment in this regard.

Your insight comment is highly appreciated. Thanks a lot

philwang
沙发
发表于 2003-4-14 21:37:00 | 只看该作者
1. I don't think your GMAT can compensate your low GPA, because it is not strong enough. You must give a very good explanation.
2. Sure. Don't worry about it too much.
3. It is very hard to evaluate your profile without your essays. And interview is very important too. Your profile is not very strong for Top 20. But you still have chance if you do a very good job on essays and interview.
4. I have no idea.
5. You should do a completed research on financial aid. But application for TA/RA is quite competitive.
板凳
发表于 2003-4-15 04:09:00 | 只看该作者
You will see troubles if you only want top-20. On the one hand, you don't have enough & strong W/E, on the other hand, looking at your academic performance, you G(720) + Low GPA is definitely below average Chinese applicants for top 20.

If you really want to apply next year and you need a lot scholarship, I will suggest you to focus on 16-50 schools. If you're super confident, then maybe try 1-2 top 15 school, but they usually don't give you money based on your profile.
地板
发表于 2003-4-15 20:11:00 | 只看该作者
hey,guys

Thank you so much for ur insight comments.

According to your knowledge,are there any b-schools among 16-50 that are so generous to offer full sholarships to their adimitted?(Though i know the competition is so tough!!)

Many thanks

Phil
5#
发表于 2003-4-16 02:58:00 | 只看该作者
Most scholarship is based on your GMAT and GPA. Usually the lower school ranked, the more generous it will be.
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-4-24 13:35
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部