返回列表 发新帖
查看: 4742|回复: 6
打印 上一主题 下一主题

MBS MBA

[复制链接]
楼主
发表于 2003-4-11 13:14:00 | 只看该作者

MBS MBA

Anyone in? Any thoughts concerning MBS are highly appreciated.
沙发
发表于 2003-4-12 05:43:00 | 只看该作者
不管怎样,恭喜呀!看来现在难选择了!:(
板凳
 楼主| 发表于 2003-4-12 12:05:00 | 只看该作者
Thanks Zixi.

Really tough choices. Up to date, I've got Fisher(OSU), Tippie (Iowa) with a small amount of scholarship, Cranfield, Warwick and finally MBS. Meanwhile, I am still on the waiting list of Fuqua (Duke) for 2 rounds and just got the ding letter of KFBS (UNC) after 2 rounds of waitlist.

Fisher climbs up in USNews rankings and is strong in Finance, my intended industry. But the project-based MBS method and internationalism of some UK schools are attractive too!

Please give me some thoughts on the school choice. Thanks a million.

地板
发表于 2003-4-13 05:49:00 | 只看该作者
Congrats, Nothingtolose! I wish I could have the same problem as you do. Just my two cents, the reason why Fisher climbs in usnews is due to its incredible job placement.

From job perspective, if you want to stay abroad after graduation, you'd better choose U.S school. It almost impossible for a Chinese to get a British job offer.

Academic wise, MBS is one-year program, right? So, if you decide to switch career, you'd better choose two-year program.

Visa perspective, Brit is much easier.

So, it's a tough choice. Maybe if you tell us your future career goal or other consideration, we could give you more advices.
5#
 楼主| 发表于 2003-4-13 11:35:00 | 只看该作者
Thanks Chipmunk.

I am glad to know Fisher did a good well in placement. However, it doesn't provide any scholarship and I am afraid that this factor will jeopardize my visa application, resulting in the overall failure of pursuing an MBA ASAP.

FYI, MBS is a 18 month program, pretty much structured like a US school with a lot of hand-on projects for students and also has the opportunity of a summer internship. You are right in that it is very tough for Chinese students from MBS to land a job in UK or other part of EU largely due to work permit issue.

My career aspiration is, like other candidates here, in the IB or MC. To be specific, I'd like to work in financial research/modeling (my current function) or strategy consulting. That being said, could you tell me how a UK MBA is received in China, especially in BJ/SH/HK. Compared with a US school, is it a wise choice or investment to make in such economic situation? Hope you could clear out the clouds.

million thanks again and best regards.

BTW, could you let me know sth about yourself? are you a current student or graduate? where are you based? ect.. Just curious cause I saw you are an active poster on this board.
6#
发表于 2003-4-16 15:24:00 | 只看该作者
nothingtolose, 你的帖子在北美校友联盟区也有人回了!
7#
发表于 2003-10-9 22:50:00 | 只看该作者
Hi, there. Congrats on your accomplishements. I would be very grateful if you can tell me something about yourself, such as your GMAT score, Toefl score and work experience. BTW, have you got scholarship offer from MBS? I am also applying for MBS, and still waiting for the result. Pls feel free to contact me at mikieliang[在] yahoo.com. Thank you for any info provided.
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-4-20 06:41
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部