ChaseDream
搜索
返回列表 发新帖
00:00:00

Frobisher, a sixteenth-century English explorer, had soil samples from Canada's Kodlunarn Island examined for gold content. Because high gold content was reported, Elizabeth I funded two mining expeditions. Neither expedition found any gold there. Modern analysis of the island's soil indicates a very low gold content. Thus the methods used to determine the gold content of Frobisher's samples must have been inaccurate.

Which of the following is an assumption on which the argument depends?

正确答案: E

更多相关帖子

帖子

好友

积分

ChaseDream

注册时间
2003-03-17
精华
解析
查看: 2671|回复: 2
打印 上一主题 下一主题

gwd-11-16 CR

[复制链接]
楼主
发表于 2006-12-7 04:04:00 | 只看该作者

gwd-11-16 CR

Q16:

Frobisher, a sixteenth-century English explorer, had soil samples from Canada’s Kodlunarn Island examined for gold content.  Because high gold content was reported, Elizabeth I funded two mining expeditions.  Neither expedition found any gold there.  Modern analysis of the island’s soil indicates a very low gold content.  Thus the methods used to determine the gold content of Frobisher’s samples must have been inaccurate.

1. The gold content of the soil on Kodlunarn Island is much lower today than it was in the sixteenth century.
  2. The two mining expeditions funded by Elizabeth I did not mine the same part of Kodlunarn Island.
  3. The methods used to assess gold content of the soil samples provided by Frobisher were different from those generally used in the sixteenth century.
  4. Frobisher did not have soil samples from any other Canadian island examined for gold content.
  5. Gold was not added to the soil samples collected by Frobisher before the samples were examined.

I could not understand the meaning.

沙发
发表于 2006-12-8 00:07:00 | 只看该作者

FK岛弄的土含有大量黄金。因为有这个报告,E开始挖,但什么都没弄到。现在的分析发现,岛上的土含有很少的黄金。所以,F用的测量方法有问题。

assumption,没有其他原因;

1. The gold content of the soil on Kodlunarn
                        Island
    is much lower today than it was in the sixteenth century.  
    现象,不是假设

2. The two mining expeditions funded by Elizabeth I did not mine the same part of Kodlunarn
                        Island
    无关,考虑的范畴不同。把对象细分,如果按照这个方向,任何答案都可能。

3. The methods used to assess gold content of the soil samples provided by Frobisher were different from those generally used in the sixteenth century. 技术不同,是重复结论。

4. Frobisher did not have soil samples from any other Canadian island examined for gold content. 没有在其他地方发现过含金子的土。文章没有否认土里有金子。

5. Gold was not added to the soil samples collected by Frobisher before the samples were examined. 取非正确。

E也就在否定它因,出错可能有几个原因一个是当时测量方法问题(原文),还有可能是这小子掺假忽悠领导,E作为一个假设排除了这种可能。

板凳
 楼主| 发表于 2006-12-8 06:37:00 | 只看该作者

恩,有道理。是假设样品没问题,有问题的是测量方法。谢谢!

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-9-20 04:17
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部