返回列表 发新帖
查看: 2623|回复: 6
打印 上一主题 下一主题

mindfree,请帮帮忙!

[复制链接]
楼主
发表于 2003-10-17 09:30:00 | 只看该作者

mindfree,请帮帮忙!

Mindfree,阅读了几篇你的关于逻辑的大作,非常佩服!我在逻辑方面有一个问题一直没有搞清楚,就是充分(条件)性和必要(条件)性,如果只是从理论层面讲,我还是可以理解的,但具体到做题过程中却不能把握。我找了几道题,不知你能否给予解答?希望从你那里得到解这类题的方法!谢谢!!

45. Commissioner: Budget forecasters project a revenue shortfall of a billion dollars in the coming fiscal year. Since there is no feasible way to increase the available funds, our only choice is to decrease expenditures. The plan before you outlines feasible cuts that would yield savings of a billion dollars over the coming fiscal year. We will be able to solve the problem we face, therefore, only if we adopt this plan.
This reasoning in the commissioner’s argument is flawed because this argument
(A) relies on information that is far from certain
(B) confuses being an adequate solution with being a required solution
(C) inappropriately relies on the opinions of experts
(D) inappropriately employs language that is vague
(E) takes for granted that there is no way to increase available funds

If the city council institutes new parking regulations, city revenues will surely increase, since studies have conclusively shown that, if such parking regulations are put into effect, there is an increase in parking violations, and an increase in parking violations will result in a greater number of parking fines collected.

64. If the statements in the passage are true, which one of the following must also be true?
(A) Unless there is an increase in the number of parking violations in the city, city revenues will not increase.
(B) If the city council institutes new parking regulations, the council will fall from favor with the citizens.
(C) The city council will institute new parking regulations only if an increase in city revenues can be expected to result.
(D) If the city council’s new regulations cause more parking violators to be ticketed, the city revenues will increase.
(E) Unless the city institutes a complex system of parking regulations, the city cannot expect traffic violations to increase.
尤其这道题目,我觉得C、D都对,不知如何甄选。
沙发
发表于 2003-10-17 09:46:00 | 只看该作者
第一道题我选A,第二道题我觉得是D吧?
如果我做的答案对的话,我给你解释解释。呵呵。
板凳
发表于 2003-10-17 09:54:00 | 只看该作者
地板
发表于 2003-10-17 13:47:00 | 只看该作者
我选择1. E;   2.D
对吗?
5#
发表于 2003-10-18 01:44:00 | 只看该作者
第1是B,第2是D
6#
发表于 2003-10-18 11:00:00 | 只看该作者
Hi,

Sorry that I could not come here these days and could not answer questions...

1. B
If X, then Y ==> X is the sufficient (adequate) condition to Y
Only if X, then Y ==> X is the required condition to Y ==> Y-->X

The flaw is that the plan is sufficient to solve the budget problem by cutting spending (if plan --> problem solved). However, the conclusion is only if we adopt the plan, we will solve the problem (problem solved --> plan)

So the conclusion is not based on the premises.

Required condition means that the condition has to be true for the conclusion. For example, only if you go (X), I will go (Y)==> If I did go (Y), you must have gone too (X).

Can you tell the difference? Let me know

2. D
"Unless" and "only if" always indicate required condition. When the question reads like if (when) A, then B, the reasoning is not equal to only if (unless) A, then (not) B. The first is sufficient, while the second is required.

For example, Eating rice, you will be full. The argument does not equal to "only if you eat rice, you will be full". The argument simply say eating rice will result in fullness. It does not rule out other means.

Let me know if you got the points
7#
 楼主| 发表于 2003-10-18 17:45:00 | 只看该作者
谢谢,mindfree,看了你的帖子,很的收获,多谢!!
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-4-28 03:01
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部