ChaseDream
搜索
返回列表 发新帖
楼主: yorkzhong

[校友答疑] Darden - Wahoowah!

[精华] [复制链接]
发表于 2006-7-28 04:05:00 | 显示全部楼层
Compared with other interviews I did with some M7 schools, the interview in Darden was the most casual one. Although it is recommended that interview takes around 30 mins, the interviewer never checked time during the interview; while interviewers in those M7 schools, especiall those second-year students, always checked their watches and try to make the interview exactly 30 mins, which made me wonder if they are doing an interview or they were just counting time to finish an assignment. I did six interviews on campus, only Darden sent their professional admission staff to conduct interview in a professional way.
发表于 2006-7-28 04:39:00 | 显示全部楼层
Thanks for the great info guys, hopefully I'll get a call.
发表于 2006-7-28 04:46:00 | 显示全部楼层

Hey, speedy

This line here is kind of interesting

"By formal, I mean everybody needs to take a face-to-face interview, if admitted."

Don't B-schools usually conduct interviews for prospective candidates BEFORE admitting them?  I don't understand why Darden would conduct the interview after it has already accepted you.

发表于 2006-7-28 05:06:00 | 显示全部楼层
以下是引用Leo2在2006-7-28 4:46:00的发言:

Hey, speedy

This line here is kind of interesting

"By formal, I mean everybody needs to take a face-to-face interview, if admitted."

Don't B-schools usually conduct interviews for prospective candidates BEFORE admitting them?  I don't understand why Darden would conduct the interview after it has already accepted you.

Hehe, sorry for the confusion. What I meant was every admitted student had an interview taken before the admission decision was made by the adcom. I think anybody can request an interview on ground if s/he visits Darden physically, at least in the earlier rounds. I am not sure if that is still the case if applied in the last round. If the applicant is an international applicant, or for any reason, is unable to come to Darden ground, Darden will arrange an interview with either an admission staff on tour or a local alum. Darden rarely conducts interview via phone.
 楼主| 发表于 2006-7-28 10:20:00 | 显示全部楼层

Hi- my interview experience in Shanghai with an Alumni turned out to be relex. What the interviewer cares more is your ability to survive in the school, say your communication skill, and if you can work under high-pressure etc. Certainly through the interview you need to show how good you are as a person.

Basically, if your oral English is OK and you get the interview call, do not need to be worry, just get prepared and you will make it.

发表于 2006-7-30 04:01:00 | 显示全部楼层
Welcome more questions from applicants interested in Darden.
 楼主| 发表于 2006-7-31 01:05:00 | 显示全部楼层
以下是引用迅捷在2006-7-30 4:01:00的发言:
Welcome more questions from applicants interested in Darden.

Yes come on, guys, Darden is a decent school and is worthwhile spending two years in the beautiful place. Just shoot any questions...
发表于 2006-7-31 07:32:00 | 显示全部楼层

Uploaded some data about admission&acceptance rate at Darden in the recent years, especially for applicants from Asia, FYI....

本帖子中包含更多资源

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有帐号?立即注册

x
发表于 2006-7-31 12:53:00 | 显示全部楼层
Why does the number of applicants from China decrease year by year? And it seems the same to the applicants from other regions.
发表于 2006-7-31 16:55:00 | 显示全部楼层
Thanks for great work done by Darden alumni
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-4-17 04:41
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部