返回列表 发新帖
楼主: yorkzhong
打印 上一主题 下一主题

[校友答疑] Darden - Wahoowah!

[精华] [复制链接]
11#
发表于 2006-7-27 01:57:00 | 只看该作者
以下是引用LeLe123在2006-7-26 23:44:00的发言:

So can this be interpreted that once you are in, you don't have to prove to Visa Officer that you personally have enough money for the tuition because the loan itself, as you said, good enough to cover all the cost??

To get a visa from VO is a different story, some people just use a two-year full loan and get a visa successfully, while some people failed, It is always better to show some money in your own pocket even you have a full loan, this way you can shut up the lousy visa officer.

[此贴子已经被作者于2006-7-27 1:58:30编辑过]
12#
 楼主| 发表于 2006-7-27 09:52:00 | 只看该作者
以下是引用tobebraveleo在2006-7-26 11:23:00的发言:
Hi York. I am Raymond, the guy with entertainment background, who had a very nice talk with you at the Darden reception. Thank you for your tips. Dean Bruner, his colleagues and you alumni guys really demonstrate strengthes of Darden. Looking forward to reading your stories in your blog. Have a safe trip.

Hi Raymond - Thanks! It was nice talking to you that day though we didn't have enough time to talk into more detail. Anyway if you have questions please feel free to ask me: yorkzhong(A) hotmail.com. or just put it into this thread. Good luck for your application!

[此贴子已经被作者于2006-7-27 10:00:00编辑过]
13#
 楼主| 发表于 2006-7-27 09:55:00 | 只看该作者
以下是引用zxsteven在2006-7-27 1:57:00的发言:

To get a visa from VO is a different story, some people just use a two-year full loan and get a visa successfully, while some people failed, It is always better to show some money in your own pocket even you have a full loan, this way you can shut up the lousy visa officer.

Exactly, there are always people get the VISA without any personal fund at all but it might be better for you to collect as much as you can on person fund, together with the loan to get a better chance on VISA.

For this year, we have 6 classmates needs to get VISA and I believe all of us used both personal fund and loan, and we all get the VISA. I myself is the last one

14#
 楼主| 发表于 2006-7-27 09:57:00 | 只看该作者
Darden is also very friendly to people with family. Your spouse will be attending different activities and he/she will be feeling like a Darden people too. There are house aviable for family specially, with furnitures and covers all the cables/electronicities etc, which would be very convient.
15#
发表于 2006-7-27 11:53:00 | 只看该作者
Are you the Chinese student I saw at the MBA tour? Darden has given me very good impression. You are really helpful.
16#
 楼主| 发表于 2006-7-27 18:24:00 | 只看该作者
以下是引用vivaivy在2006-7-27 11:53:00的发言:
Are you the Chinese student I saw at the MBA tour? Darden has given me very good impression. You are really helpful.

Not sure but I did attend the one in Beijing.
17#
发表于 2006-7-28 00:28:00 | 只看该作者
Count me in! I am a Darden 06 graduate and would like to answer any questions regarding Darden. Actully there is another Darden 06 graduate answering questions already.
18#
发表于 2006-7-28 02:36:00 | 只看该作者
I am thinking of going to Darden in Fall 2007. Can you shed some light on the interview process.  Of course, I read what was posted on the official Darden website, but I think it is more accurate to hear the experiences of those who have actually gone through it.
19#
发表于 2006-7-28 03:47:00 | 只看该作者
以下是引用Leo2在2006-7-28 2:36:00的发言:
I am thinking of going to Darden in Fall 2007. Can you shed some light on the interview process.  Of course, I read what was posted on the official Darden website, but I think it is more accurate to hear the experiences of those who have actually gone through it.

Leo, the interview process of Darden is very formal and informal. By formal, I mean everybody admitted had a face-to-face interview before the admission decision was made. However, the interview itself, either with an adcom member, a second year student, or an alum, will be informal, no stress. Just plain talk. Usually, it will start with a question like, tell me something about yourself. From there, you drive the whole conversation. The interviewer will only interrupt you if s/he has a question. Be sure to show your passion and state clearly to the interviewer why Darden. Since Darden is a case school, the interview is partially used to check your communication skill. Just relax and be yourself.

I think the other new Darden people can share their fresh memories. Mine is kine of old

[此贴子已经被作者于2006-7-28 5:08:13编辑过]
20#
发表于 2006-7-28 03:54:00 | 只看该作者
以下是引用Leo2在2006-7-28 2:36:00的发言:

In my case, I did my interview with Ms. Cheryl Jones in her admission office on grounds last year. it was very casual and relaxing conversation with normal questions:

* Tell me about yourself starting from college, why you chose your major and continue doing that?

* Any activities back in college? Any leadership role in college?

* What you have been doing after college? Why came to the U.S. for engineering education?

* Anything you feel great during your professional career? What would  your co-workers say about you? 

* Why MBA and why now? How do you see yourself in next five years after MBA? Long-term goal?

* Why Darden?

* What do you do for fun? any hobbies?

* Any questions about Darden?

As you can feel, it was just a conversational interview which took about 40 minutes. Be aware that the interviewer prefers not seeing your resume until the interview is done, which is a blind interview. So please be prepared to be a smooth story teller and then you will knock the interview down.

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-4-26 13:19
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部