返回列表 发新帖
查看: 4065|回复: 11
打印 上一主题 下一主题

请教一题CR/大全-B-1

[复制链接]
楼主
发表于 2003-10-3 16:39:00 | 只看该作者

请教一题CR/大全-B-1

1.Below is an excerpt from a letter that was sent by the chairman of a corporation to the stockholders.

A number of charges have been raised against me, some serious, some trivial. Individuals seeking to control the corporation for their own purposes have demanded my resignation. Remember that no court of law in any state has found me guilty of any criminal offense whatsoever. In the American tradition, as you know, an individual is considered innocent until proven guilty. Furthermore, as the corporation’s unbroken six-year record of growth will show, my conduct of my official duties as chairman has only helped enhance the success of the corporation, and so benefited every stockholder.

Which of the following can be properly inferred from the excerpt?

(A) The chairman believes that all those who have demanded his resignation are motivated by desire to control the corporation for their own purposes.
(B) Any misdeeds that the chairman may have committed were motivated by his desire to enhance the success of the corporation.
(C) The chairman is innocent of any criminal offense.
(D) The corporation has expanded steadily over the past six years.
(E) Any legal proceedings against the chairman have resulted in his acquittal.

KEY: D.

我觉得从CHAIRMAN 的话中,可以更合理地推出C。

文中提到:
1。that no court of law in any state has found me guilty of any criminal offense whatsoever.

2。In the American tradition, an individual is considered innocent until proven guilty.

推出结论,如C所述:The chairman is innocent of any criminal offense。

相反, 虽然文中提到该公司6年来以前所未有的纪录增长,但并不能说明它的增长是steadily。

请NN们指点迷津。

沙发
发表于 2003-10-3 23:25:00 | 只看该作者
You see, there are differences between "innocent of charge" and "innocent of criminal offense."  As you know the popular case of Simpson, he conducted the murder but just because the murder couldn't be proved by a proper legal process, he was declared innocent of charge in the criminal court, but we can't say he was innocent of offense. The fact is he was delared guilty in a civil court later that year.

To sum up, innocent/guilty of charge is subjective term, and innocent of criminal offense, is a objective term.

Hope helps.
板凳
发表于 2003-10-3 23:27:00 | 只看该作者
gg, haven't seen your cute face for days.
地板
发表于 2003-10-3 23:30:00 | 只看该作者
Sorry & thanks....
5#
 楼主| 发表于 2003-10-3 23:42:00 | 只看该作者
thanks for your explanation, I got it。
6#
发表于 2007-2-24 15:29:00 | 只看该作者
up excellent!
7#
发表于 2009-1-9 16:32:00 | 只看该作者

我的思路和kathy72斑斑一致,理解了dorbear斑斑的意思,但是还是不能排除C

我的基本思路:

如果court of law没能prove chairman guilty的话,根据题中提供的逻辑线路: an individual is considered innocent until proven guilty.那就有chairman is considered innocent!

我的疑问:

1.先不管chairman由于实际上是guilty,由于现在没被查出来,以后会不会被查出来是guilty,但至少他现在被认为是innocent的,C成立.这里的is innocent到底是表示严格根据题目中逻辑路线推出的结果,而不管它到底是不是事实,还是作为一种事实,即正确的事实?

做逻辑题不就是根据题中提示的逻辑路线作出结论,而不管结论是不是正确吗?

2. In the American tradition, Chairman is considered innocent 和 Chairman is innocent 表示的是一个意思吗?

8#
发表于 2009-1-10 16:52:00 | 只看该作者

我有一点不同意楼主的观点

我认为本题的解决点 就在as the corporation’s unbroken six-year record of growth will show, my conduct of my official duties as chairman has only helped enhance the success of the corporation, and so benefited every stockholder.上。

Unbroken(未曾破坏过的)不就说明是 持续增长的么(steadily)么?

我觉得C选项,(C) The chairman is innocent of any criminal offense. 有点超出题中的范围,因为这封信只是针对公司和股东而言,并没有提到any(所有的),也许在chairman的私人生活中会有criminal offense,也是无法预计和澄清的事情。

我也有个小问题:关于A选项。是不是 有个人目的的人想得到主席的辞呈,并不等于 想得到主席辞呈的都是 处于个人目的的人呢?

9#
发表于 2009-1-11 23:14:00 | 只看该作者

有个人目的的人---->想得到 chairman的辞呈

有个人目的的人只是 想得到chairman的辞呈的人的子集

所以对楼上的回答是:不等于 哈

不过不太认同楼上对C的解释

我尝试这样理解:

不选C是因为court没有证明他无罪并不能说明他没被比如说E中的other proceedings证明有罪? 所以不能说他没被proven guilty,所以他不能被considered innocent.

我觉得C和E是相依相存的,E提示了有其它legal proceedings证明他guilty的可能性,如果E是错的就可以很容易判定C也是错的

这样理解可以吗?

10#
发表于 2009-1-12 00:31:00 | 只看该作者
以下是引用flyuo2006在2009-1-9 16:32:00的发言:

我的思路和kathy72斑斑一致,理解了dorbear斑斑的意思,但是还是不能排除C

我的基本思路:

如果court of law没能prove chairman guilty的话,根据题中提供的逻辑线路: an individual is considered innocent until proven guilty.那就有chairman is considered innocent!

我的疑问:

1.先不管chairman由于实际上是guilty,由于现在没被查出来,以后会不会被查出来是guilty,但至少他现在被认为是innocent的,C成立.这里的is innocent到底是表示严格根据题目中逻辑路线推出的结果,而不管它到底是不是事实,还是作为一种事实,即正确的事实?

做逻辑题不就是根据题中提示的逻辑路线作出结论,而不管结论是不是正确吗?

2. In the American tradition, Chairman is considered innocent 和 Chairman is innocent 表示的是一个意思吗?

is considered innocent 和  is  innocent 是两个概念。

前者来自主观,后者是客观事实。所以C不对。

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-9-30 07:32
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部