ChaseDream
搜索
返回列表 发新帖
查看: 3785|回复: 7

温柔小刀求教四

[复制链接]
发表于 2003-4-4 19:07:00 | 显示全部楼层

温柔小刀求教四

22. it is illogical to infer a second and different effect from a cause which is known only by one particular effect. this is incorrect because the inferred effect must necessarily be produced by some different characteristic of the cause than is the observed effect, which already serves entirely to describe the cause.
which one of the following arguments makes the same logical error as the one described by the author in the passage?
(a) an anonymous donor gave a thousand dollars to our historical society. i would guess that that individual also volunteers at the children’s hospital.
(b) the radioactive material caused a genetic mutation, which, in turn, caused the birth defect. therefore, the radioactive material caused the birth defect.
(c) the tiny, unseen atom is the source of immense power. it must be its highly complex structure that produces this power.
(d) the city orchestra received more funds from the local government this year than ever before. clearly this administration is more civic-minded than previous ones.
(e) if i heat water, which is a liquid, it evaporates. if i heat hundreds of other liquids like water, they evaporate. therefore, if i heat any liquid like water, it will evaporate
the answer is b.
提干翻译:

question 23-24
just as a bicycle chain may be too tight, so may one’s carefulness and conscientiousness be so tense as to hinder the running of one’s mind.
23. which one of the following most closely parallels the reasoning used in the argument above?
(a) just as a clock may be wound too tightly, so may one’s time be spent fruitlessly in the pursuit of perfection
(b) just as a carousel may spin too quickly, so may one’s rapid concentration on several problems prevent a resolution of difficulties.
(c) just as a machine may be oiled too much, so may one’s heavy drinking of alcoholic beverages lead to complete dissipation
(d) just as a raging river may be frozen into stillness during the winter, so may one’s career falter at certain times of the year
(e) just as a boxer may become too tense before a big fight, so may one’s personal concerns stand in the way of professional success
b is right. what is the translation?

发表于 2003-4-4 22:43:00 | 显示全部楼层
2。就象传送带转的过快,一个人粗略关注几个问题可能会妨碍得出问题的解决方案
发表于 2003-4-5 00:48:00 | 显示全部楼层
1,通过在一定情况下的一种已知结果去得到其他的结果是不合逻辑的,错误的原因在于某些不同未知的因素在整个事件中导致已知结果的作用比已知因素重要。
 楼主| 发表于 2003-4-9 15:52:00 | 显示全部楼层
对于问题22,我觉得任有疑惑.能否给出详细的解体思路,谢谢了!
发表于 2003-4-9 20:14:00 | 显示全部楼层
探讨:我觉得答案是E。我的理解是:题干中讲一种原因会推出一种特别的结论,而这种结论可以完全解释这个原因,所以从这种原因中再推出别的结论就不对了。其实,结果对于原因只是必要性而已,而原因对结果是充分性的,所以错误在于忽略了一个原因可以导致若干个结果,每个结果只是必要而已,即把必要性当做充分性了。选项中ACD不对是显然的,B中辐射是导致基因突变的原因而基因突变导致胎儿畸形,辐射看起来是充分条件。只有E是把必要条件当作充分条件了。
发表于 2003-4-10 05:24:00 | 显示全部楼层
Agree with cranberry. B is absolutely not a correct answer.
发表于 2003-4-10 08:59:00 | 显示全部楼层

好难:((((((
 楼主| 发表于 2003-4-11 17:04:00 | 显示全部楼层
纯逻辑分析,好难. 看来我还需要补充逻辑知识.谢谢两位的解答!
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-3-29 16:18
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部