打印 上一主题 下一主题

日落西山红霞飞,我想这样去杀鸡。

[精华] [复制链接]
楼主
发表于 2003-4-1 00:05:00 | 只看该作者

日落西山红霞飞,我想这样去杀鸡。

感谢各位,感谢梦网。

2月开始准备,5月30日战。

上mba的念头已有经年,决定参加考试是在去年(2002年)7月。开始准备托福,可惜听力久攻不下。后听人劝,决定采用断头战术,先克gmat于5月,再取TOEFL于78月。

1. RC(2.2 - 2.14    13天)
杨鹏难句头遍。
GRE90-94, NO2-5,惨不忍睹。2长2短平均55分钟,错8个。词汇是瓶颈,打开正版“新东方背单词”。

2. SC (3.11-present   30多天)
做了刘振民的2个SECTIONs,死伤无数。改错是瓶颈。
刘振民2天看了100页,心中恐慌,因不知所云。停止。
孙继军网络课堂,就是念刘振民的书。听别人念,感觉舒服点。
薄冰语法,一遍,清理刘振民唬人的地方。
白勇2天拿下,有了一点感觉。但其中的题目成片地错。没统计,至少50%吧。
High-GMAT试应手,5个section,平均25分钟一个,错6-7个。
OG-SC第一编(还在进行),每10个错2-3个。
计划:4月4号之前结束og头遍。

3.CR
陈向东看了200页,没什么理论指导在里面。停止。
菲菲网络课堂,根本听不清楚,放弃。
(惊悉一友,英语流利,交流无障碍,新东方网络课堂后GRE蒙羞......)
LSAT 4个SECTION,平均每个section用时61分钟,错9个;每个test用时122分钟,错18个。(牛牛们,没吓着你们吧!)

4. Quantitive
没底。除了平面几何、代数那点初中的东西,其余如概率、排列组合等,不知如何下手(记得当年高中时这点儿小题简直儿戏嘛,不提不提)。现有两套思路,请牛牛指点:
a. 钱用枪难题精解+几经
b. og+几经。

倾向于用og,但不知og是否够用,会不会有超出og范围的题呢?偶胆小,不敢只靠经,想系统地复习一下。

5. 单词(2.15-3.22   35天)
“新东方背单词”,托夫单词,背了几天发现贼难,放弃。改背GMAT词汇,还好。用杨继的方法,每天3-4个units.直至3月中旬。

计划1:4月中旬再将俞敏弘串讲过几遍。
计划2:4月初抽象词稿定。
计划3:若有时间,托夫串讲过一遍。

6. 模靠一次,3月9号(og前,白勇后)pp3(牛牛一般都拿778那只),q48,v26, total: 610.

以上主要是汇报,下为计划:
因5月30日考,时间仅余2月。特列如下计划,请牛牛支招:
一、OG-SC 50题/日,4月3日结束。腾出时间继续GRE阅读,复习单词。争取15日前结束gre阅读。

二、LSAT  3个TEST/日,4月10日结束(能做多少做多少)。

三、4月10日开数学,争取4月15日搞定。

四、4月15日摸考一次后,全面回归gmat。历年真题。

五、5月10日左右,og、白永、刘振民第二遍。

六、4月30日左右,用kaplan来拓宽思路。
我是这么想的:新东方以当年笔试为中心。而根据几位牛牛提到的,机考SC CR已经有很大不同(牛牛的sc竟然只有几道有把握)。之所以没把握,我觉得是和题型、出题方式、考点的改变有关系。也许如新东方老师所讲,机考刚开始和笔考没什么区别,但是时至今日,应该有较大不同。KAPLAN虽然不是真题,但他们每年投入大量$去模拟这些真题,假设大家都没有机考SC真题的话,kaplan的优势就出来了。之所以大家觉得kaplan怪,主要是跟我们平时见到的笔考题不同,与新东方不同。而牛牛又觉得机考与平时也不同,则可能包含如下两个解释:

a kaplan狗屎,既没有摸到笔考题,也跟机考题不搭边。
b kaplan牛牛,揣测到了机考的真谛。

具体应选哪个答案,还靠牛牛指点。

总之,满头满脸都是瓶颈,瓶子都跑哪儿去了?
沙发
发表于 2003-4-1 03:52:00 | 只看该作者
1. RC(2.2 - 2.14    13天)
杨鹏难句头遍。GRE90-94, NO2-5,惨不忍睹。2长2短平均55分钟,错8个。词汇是瓶颈,打开正版“新东方背单词”。

****Vocabulary is important. “新东方背单词”is good, but also don't stop your background reading (Business week, Times etc) and collect words you don't know from that.

做了刘振民的2个SECTIONs,死伤无数。改错是瓶颈。刘振民2天看了100页,心中恐慌,因不知所云。停止。孙继军网络课堂,就是念刘振民的书。听别人念,感觉舒服点。薄冰语法,一遍,清理刘振民唬人的地方。白勇2天拿下,有了一点感觉。但其中的题目成片地错。没统计,至少50%吧。High-GMAT试应手,5个section,平均25分钟一个,错6-7个。OG-SC第一编(还在进行),每10个错2-3个。
计划:4月4号之前结束og头遍。

****I will suggest you to stop practicing on OG now. OG is a good resource to check your skill. If you use it now, then it's gone. 刘振民 is good enough to start, just spend more time on that. No need for 薄冰语法. Your problem is using too many materials and approaches, GMAT is not about how many materials you covered, it's about how you feel based on your deep understanding.

3.CR
陈向东看了200页,没什么理论指导在里面。停止。菲菲网络课堂,根本听不清楚,放弃。
(惊悉一友,英语流利,交流无障碍,新东方网络课堂后GRE蒙羞......)LSAT 4个SECTION,平均每个section用时61分钟,错9个;每个test用时122分钟,错18个。(牛牛们,没吓着你们吧!)

****If you haven't doing 陈向东's book, I will suggest you start from that. LSAT is a last resort when people have no other choice. There is a big difference between LSAT and GMAT CR.

4. Quantitive
没底。除了平面几何、代数那点初中的东西,其余如概率、排列组合等,不知如何下手(记得当年高中时这点儿小题简直儿戏嘛,不提不提)。现有两套思路,请牛牛指点:
a. 钱用枪难题精解+几经
b. og+几经。
倾向于用og,但不知og是否够用,会不会有超出og范围的题呢?偶胆小,不敢只靠经,想系统地复习一下。

****you plan a is good enough, plus New Oriental School's CD.

5. 单词(2.15-3.22   35天)
“新东方背单词”,托夫单词,背了几天发现贼难,放弃。改背GMAT词汇,还好。用杨继的方法,每天3-4个units.直至3月中旬。

计划1:4月中旬再将俞敏弘串讲过几遍。
计划2:4月初抽象词稿定。
计划3:若有时间,托夫串讲过一遍。

****what is your target score?

以上主要是汇报,下为计划:
因5月30日考,时间仅余2月。特列如下计划,请牛牛支招:
一、OG-SC 50题/日,4月3日结束。腾出时间继续GRE阅读,复习单词。争取15日前结束gre阅读。

****I have to say it again. It doesn't matter how many material you covered, slow down and spend some time to really understand the GMAT questions.

****If you only have two months, then LSAT may not be necessary.

三、4月10日开数学,争取4月15日搞定。

****I don't know about your Math skill. But don't take it too easy. I'd rather spend little time start from now to build basic Math skill from Kaplan's Math review and QYQ's book.

****Old GMAT material may not be much helpful. Stick with OG is better.

五、5月10日左右,og、白永、刘振民第二遍。

六、4月30日左右,用kaplan来拓宽思路。
我是这么想的:新东方以当年笔试为中心。而根据几位牛牛提到的,机考SC CR已经有很大不同(牛牛的sc竟然只有几道有把握)。之所以没把握,我觉得是和题型、出题方式、考点的改变有关系。也许如新东方老师所讲,机考刚开始和笔考没什么区别,但是时至今日,应该有较大不同。KAPLAN虽然不是真题,但他们每年投入大量$去模拟这些真题,假设大家都没有机考SC真题的话,kaplan的优势就出来了。之所以大家觉得kaplan怪,主要是跟我们平时见到的笔考题不同,与新东方不同。而牛牛又觉得机考与平时也不同,则可能包含如下两个解释:

b kaplan牛牛,揣测到了机考的真谛。

****Kaplan's Math part is very similar with ETS. But its Verbal is a crap. The problem is you don't have much time to find it out. Also, Kaplan's CD might help you get used to the Computer based test.
板凳
 楼主| 发表于 2003-4-1 07:40:00 | 只看该作者
多谢前辈指点!感激涕零,如有机会,当共饮二锅头。几个问题,还想请教:

1. RC
but also don't stop your background reading (Business week, Times etc) and collect words you don't know from that.
Thank you! Honestly, I have already read a lot of background materials which include not only BW, WSJ, but also some news paper's financial edition. There are the following problems for me to read random:

a. What's the main purpose of the background reading? To accumulate words, train the language feeling, or increase the reading comprehension?

b. Words. Should I look up the dictionary for most of the new words I meet in the article? After that, should I memorize them? If so, it will be very slow to read. Maybe one article per day. Is that good enough for GMAT?

c. Sentences. As you know, we can catch the meaning after several sentences of the article. When I know what the author want to say, in most cases, I will neglect the difficult sentences subconsciously because they cannot prohibit my understanding. Unfortunately, it's likely most of these difficult sentences are the testing points.

****I will suggest you to stop practicing on OG now. OG is a good resource to check your skill. If you use it now, then it's gone. 刘振民 is good enough to start, just spend more time on that. No need for 薄冰语法. Your problem is using too many materials and approaches, GMAT is not about how many materials you covered, it's about how you feel based on your deep understanding.

Thank you! I'm scared by LZM because sometimes LZM would like to explain the items using his Probability Rules instead of common sense. For example: LZM mentioned, in GMAT, 90% of "rather than" is better than "instead of". However, in his exercise tests, he may select the item directly with "rather than" instead of "instead of" without any other explanation. The same situation is occured in the difference between "as" and "like".

That's why I decided to begin OG. I haven't found OG use such probability as necessity until now. I feel a little more convenient. I don't dare to use LZM's axiom except I couldn't find other faults in the sentence.

After I'm armed with OG and have enough immunity, I think I may get more untrition from LZM. May I know your opinion again? tks.

3.CR
****If you haven't doing 陈向东's book, I will suggest you start from that. LSAT is a last resort when people have no other choice. There is a big difference between LSAT and GMAT CR.
Thank you! I'll begin CXD right away.

4. Quantitive
a. 钱用枪难题精解+几经
****you plan a is good enough, plus New Oriental School's CD.
Thank you!

****what is your target score?
So depressed...... It's 750. Not type error...... I understand it seems almost impossible with current situation.

I read a lot of JJ in which high hope and self-estimation and low mark occured simultaneously. I'm afraid the same scene may play on myself again. If so, I have to take the exam again in Aug. or Sep. after my TOEFL. If the same result occured ...

****I have to say it again. It doesn't matter how many material you covered, slow down and spend some time to really understand the GMAT questions.
Totally agree! Totally agree! This may be my most serious problem. I think this is related with the learning methods and some other things not related with learn. I'm lacking the quality to dive into deep water to find the treasures like Li Yang who can train himself as the best english learner by using only one tape. I have to use 100 tapes to get the same conclusion, or even worse.

Dear Ms./Mr. chipmunk, would you please show me one or two examples how to really understand the GMAT questions? I understand such thing is a kind of 只可意会. However, just try and see whether I can understand and grasp your main spirit  of learning. I greatly appreciate your help.

****If you only have two months, then LSAT may not be necessary.
Thank you!

三、4月10日开数学,争取4月15日搞定。

****I don't know about your Math skill. But don't take it too easy. I'd rather spend little time start from now to build basic Math skill from Kaplan's Math review and QYQ's book.
Thanks! I got it.

****Old GMAT material may not be much helpful. Stick with OG is better.
Same here. Thank you!

五、5月10日左右,og、白永、刘振民第二遍。

六、4月30日左右,用kaplan来拓宽思路。

b kaplan牛牛,揣测到了机考的真谛。

****Kaplan's Math part is very similar with ETS. But its Verbal is a crap. The problem is you don't have much time to find it out. Also, Kaplan's CD might help you get used to the Computer based test.
Thank you a lot!
地板
发表于 2003-4-1 10:10:00 | 只看该作者
以下是引用siebel在2003-4-1 7:40:00的发言:
多谢前辈指点!感激涕零,如有机会,当共饮二锅头。几个问题,还想请教:

1. RC
a. What's the main purpose of the background reading? To accumulate words, train the language feeling, or increase the reading comprehension?

There are lots of benefits you can get from background reading, such as: familiar with the wording, structure, etc. The biggest benefit I think is: to make you read faster and more accurate. If you understand what is the author talking about, then no doubt you will read it faster.

b. Words. Should I look up the dictionary for most of the new words I meet in the article? After that, should I memorize them? If so, it will be very slow to read. Maybe one article per day. Is that good enough for GMAT?

When you read, try your best to guess. After you finish, then go back and collect those words. I'm not sure about other articles, but you need to remember those words that appreared on previous GMAT RC test. Regarding the time effort, it depends on your overall plan. Idealy, 0.5-1 hour per day is necessary, not including memorize new words' time.

c. Sentences. As you know, we can catch the meaning after several sentences of the article. When I know what the author want to say, in most cases, I will neglect the difficult sentences subconsciously because they cannot prohibit my understanding. Unfortunately, it's likely most of these difficult sentences are the testing points.

Then spend some time on it. Actually all parts of GMAT are highly related. That means, if you SC is weak, that will hinder your RC. I think once you work hard on SC, especially understand the structure, you will find improvement in this area.

Thank you! I'm scared by LZM because sometimes LZM would like to explain the items using his Probability Rules instead of common sense. For example: LZM mentioned, in GMAT, 90% of "rather than" is better than "instead of". However, in his exercise tests, he may select the item directly with "rather than" instead of "instead of" without any other explanation. The same situation is occured in the difference between "as" and "like".

That's why I decided to begin OG. I haven't found OG use such probability as necessity until now. I feel a little more convenient. I don't dare to use LZM's axiom except I couldn't find other faults in the sentence.

After I'm armed with OG and have enough immunity, I think I may get more untrition from LZM. May I know your opinion again? tks.

Honestly, I haven't tried your approach. What I worry about is: how can you verify your progress in SC without OG as a teststone?

So depressed...... It's 750. Not type error...... I understand it seems almost impossible with current situation.

I read a lot of JJ in which high hope and self-estimation and low mark occured simultaneously. I'm afraid the same scene may play on myself again. If so, I have to take the exam again in Aug. or Sep. after my TOEFL. If the same result occured ...

I have to say GMAT is still a reliable source to test your intelligence. JJ may improve your score a little, but donj't count too much on it. I'm not sure your background, but based on your current status (not the score, the way you prepare and understand GMAT), it's highly unlikely you will get 750 in May. Try to focus on break into 700 mark will be more reasonable.

Dear Ms./Mr. chipmunk, would you please show me one or two examples how to really understand the GMAT questions? I understand such thing is a kind of 只可意会. However, just try and see whether I can understand and grasp your main spirit  of learning. I greatly appreciate your help.

Actually, it's just about your learning approach. GMAT is just one of many things. First of all, you need to have good enough material, then have a solid study plan, then start your plan. After say two weeks, verify your progress by review the questions that you answered wrong. Then figure out why you made those mistakes, then find a way to improve your weak area, then verify again. It's a process.

5#
 楼主| 发表于 2003-4-1 23:05:00 | 只看该作者
Thanks a lot, CHIPMUNK! I pretty sure your time is very valuable, so I greatly appreciate your instrucition!

以下是引用chipmunk在2003-4-1 10:10:00的发言:
Honestly, I haven't tried your approach. What I worry about is: how can you verify your progress in SC without OG as a teststone?

I'm not sure that I understand the meaning of "verify your progress in SC without OG as a teststone". Do you mean it's better to use OG as a simulation test? Would you please give me an example about it? It will be better if I know how to do it. Thank you!

Actually, it's just about your learning approach. GMAT is just one of many things. First of all, you need to have good enough material, then have a solid study plan, then start your plan. After say two weeks, verify your progress by review the questions that you answered wrong. Then figure out why you made those mistakes, then find a way to improve your weak area, then verify again. It's a process.

Thank you! Good process.
6#
发表于 2003-4-2 06:30:00 | 只看该作者
以下是引用siebel在2003-4-1 23:05:00的发言:
Thanks a lot, CHIPMUNK! I pretty sure your time is very valuable, so I greatly appreciate your instrucition!

I'm not sure that I understand the meaning of "verify your progress in SC without OG as a teststone". Do you mean it's better to use OG as a simulation test? Would you please give me an example about it? It will be better if I know how to do it. Thank you!

You're welcome. What I was trying to say is: you work on SC for a period, then you need to verify whether you improved or not, and OG is the best material for that purpose.
7#
 楼主| 发表于 2003-4-2 09:28:00 | 只看该作者
Thanks. Greatly appreciate your advices!

I think I have understood some of your valuable meaning. I have to summarize what I have learnt and see whether I'm in the trail. Before I can go further, I should stabilize my foundation.

I stopped OG and began to classify the sentences I've finished in OG and LZM. After that, I may try another 50 OG to confirm my progress.

Thank you!
8#
 楼主| 发表于 2003-4-6 05:51:00 | 只看该作者
Chipmunk's suggestion is valuable. Thank you!

I'm slowing down. Even though the amount I finished in this week isn't as much as before, every item is real and true. I'm a little more confident when I meet the similar questions in the future.

I stopped the LSAT and began Chen Xiangdong. Do you have any idea about the materials or standard which to CR Material has the same function as OG to SC? I need something to verify my CR. Comparing with SC, CR gave me better feeling. If I can know my current CR level, I may save some time for other things.

9#
发表于 2003-4-6 08:38:00 | 只看该作者
I think the best thing that CXD's book gives you is: it has the real GMAT questions and classifies into several categories.

If you want to know you CR level, take say 50 questions from OG, or there are several CR sections in XDF's CD, you can also try that.
10#
发表于 2003-4-6 08:39:00 | 只看该作者
BTW, where did you move to 马祖庙的后面? Any particular reason?
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-4-25 05:22
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部