查看: 11615|回复: 25
打印 上一主题 下一主题

[讨论]MBA入学前的学术和其他准备

[精华] [复制链接]
楼主
发表于 2003-3-30 09:46:00 | 只看该作者

[讨论]MBA入学前的学术和其他准备

1-GMAC的Suvival Kits 你买了没?

2-Acconting related lessons - 你上了没?有哪写书可以先读一读?

3-Finance相关的知识如何准备?有哪写书可以先看一看?

4-你的口语准备如何提高?

5-你的写作能力向奥如何改进?

6-如何增加对西方文化的了解?和与美国人交朋友?

7-你的电脑,网络和IT方面的知识够solid吗?准备如何改进呢?尤其是Powerpoint的使用如何提高呢?

8-你的贷款怎么样了?读MBA的费用准备得怎么样了?

9。。。

尤其是前三个问题,困惑中。。。

笨鸟想先飞,不知道怎么飞,先往哪儿飞?

[此贴子已经被作者于2003-3-30 9:46:54编辑过]
沙发
发表于 2003-3-31 04:29:00 | 只看该作者
attic brother, you could check school's website, see which Accounting & Finance book they use for class. If you can't find it, then try to contact their student. Usually you will find they're very helpful.
板凳
发表于 2003-3-31 07:00:00 | 只看该作者
attic看来已经有底了呀!不知是哪个学校呀?透漏一下嘛!
地板
 楼主| 发表于 2003-3-31 08:23:00 | 只看该作者
Hehe, lady first.

子溪mm, 昨天遇到高人,求到一个签,说我的被录取的概率是 236%,所以睡了个好觉。

一觉醒来,想起了高人的第二句话 我的“难”是在第一年的学习中,并指出难点是finance和accounting. 因而又开始发愁,毕竟出校门久了,想到要重回学校,便有些茫然,开始发傻!所以才来求救!

这位高人是周敦颐的第28代后裔,精通易经及紫微斗数,居然算出我四月三号,第一部分出结果 - 准!

不敢不信了!

放心我有确定消息,一定先来chasedream, 报喜!

Chipmunk bro, you are always resourceful! Thank you!

As a engineering back ground,I really lack accounting and finance fundermental knowledge, per you direction, I will go to schools website to check!

As for preparation of acconting, finance and statistics, did you have any suggestions or any reference, such as what book we need to read?

How did you think of the survival kits from the GMAC?

Thanks!  

5#
发表于 2003-3-31 09:46:00 | 只看该作者
Attic, you're welcome. As per the survival kits from GMAC, since I've never used it, so I can't say anything. I've preparing CFA test, so the basic accounting/finance area has already covered. I would remind you not to forget about statistics. It's also very important. Needless to say that I'm just a nobody's 24th generation.
6#
发表于 2003-3-31 11:10:00 | 只看该作者

To an engineer with scarce knowledge of

accounting and finance, I think study those two basic courses in Chinese version is a good start. You could find some entry books with both English and Translated(Chinese) version, such as 人大出版社的"工商管理经典译丛“"会计学” ,还有"经济学原理”"金融学“等。You could find lots of these in bookstores.
7#
发表于 2003-3-31 11:41:00 | 只看该作者
I totally agree with you, james. However, the problem is attic is now in U.S. So, he has to ask his friends to send books to him.
8#
 楼主| 发表于 2003-3-31 16:22:00 | 只看该作者
Thanks for both of you guys suggestions!

Chipmunk, what is CFA test for and who can apply to take the test? (Sorry for my silly quesiton!)

Does it has any pre-requirements like CPA?

Regarding to statistics, I used to learn properbility when I was in college. Does it covers all statistics?

For Jamesyx, "人大出版社的"工商管理经典译丛“"会计学” ,还有"经济学原理”"金融学“等。" - 这些好像满高深的呀,会不会很晦涩难懂呢?

accounting我倒是有点实际经验,几次收购“工厂”时, 对方在财务报表中灌水,都被我揪出来了,只是对方在将什么“借方”, “贷方”,搞的我“晕”。

去community college拿一些基础课,大家认为现实吗?、

谢谢!

Attic
9#
发表于 2003-4-1 10:46:00 | 只看该作者
attic Bro, what's GMAC的Suvival Kits,pls?

As a engineering background, I plan to prepare in accounting and finance related topic as per a MBA friend's suggestion. What's more, I herad that economics and marketing also need preview. I don't mean you should work hard on it, you just read it for enjoy, building your basic business concept.

For a arts background, I think you better good prepare the statistics!

All in all, several MBAs sincerely advise me that try to enjoy your self preMBA, otherwise you cannot get any relax during the MBA!!!
10#
发表于 2003-4-1 12:45:00 | 只看该作者
Attic bro, CFA (Charter Financial Analyst) is only used in investment field. If you don't plan to work in that area, it's not necessary to take the test.

Yes, community college should be good enough to prepare. The only problem is: too expensive.
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-4-23 15:55
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部