返回列表 发新帖
楼主: attic
打印 上一主题 下一主题

[讨论]MBA入学前的学术和其他准备

[精华] [复制链接]
11#
发表于 2003-4-1 15:36:00 | 只看该作者
以下是引用attic在2003-3-31 16:22:00的发言:

For Jamesyx, "人大出版社的"工商管理经典译丛“"会计学” ,还有"经济学原理”"金融学“等。" - 这些好像满高深的呀,会不会很晦涩难懂呢?

accounting我倒是有点实际经验,几次收购“工厂”时, 对方在财务报表中灌水,都被我揪出来了,只是对方在将什么“借方”, “贷方”,搞的我“晕”。

去community college拿一些基础课,大家认为现实吗?、

谢谢!

Attic

Since you are in US, you may ask friends to bring or even mail those books to you, it's still cheaper than buy from US. Books here are really TNND expensive.
Another approach is to find some fundamental books from college or public library and then copy them.
The last, those are fundamental books, not very abstruse. You don't need to really grasp them, just scan and get some impressions like a preview.

Bet wishes!
12#
 楼主| 发表于 2003-4-4 06:13:00 | 只看该作者
Jeffrey, check your CD message box!

以下是引用Jeffrey-N在2003-4-1 10:46:00的发言:
attic Bro, what's GMAC的Suvival Kits,pls?

As a engineering background, I plan to prepare in accounting and finance related topic as per a MBA friend's suggestion. What's more, I herad that economics and marketing also need preview. I don't mean you should work hard on it, you just read it for enjoy, building your basic business concept.

For a arts background, I think you better good prepare the statistics!

All in all, several MBAs sincerely advise me that try to enjoy your self preMBA, otherwise you cannot get any relax during the MBA!!!

The survival kits is the GMAC promoted Marterial come w/ your score report!

BTW, how did you know that I am a art background?

Attic
13#
 楼主| 发表于 2003-4-4 06:16:00 | 只看该作者
以下是引用chipmunk在2003-4-1 12:45:00的发言:
Attic bro, CFA (Charter Financial Analyst) is only used in investment field. If you don't plan to work in that area, it's not necessary to take the test.

Yes, community college should be good enough to prepare. The only problem is: too expensive.

Thanks for your reply, chipmunk!

But why did you say that community college is expensive? you mean US or CA?

Attic

14#
 楼主| 发表于 2003-4-4 06:21:00 | 只看该作者
Very useful suggestion James, thank you!

The only thing I concerned is how to find some in china to help me buy those books!

It is a little bit difficult for me!

Attic

以下是引用jamesyx在2003-4-1 15:36:00的发言:

Since you are in US, you may ask friends to bring or even mail those books to you, it's still cheaper than buy from US. Books here are really TNND expensive.
Another approach is to find some fundamental books from college or public library and then copy them.
The last, those are fundamental books, not very abstruse. You don't need to really grasp them, just scan and get some impressions like a preview.

15#
发表于 2003-4-4 07:24:00 | 只看该作者
以下是引用attic在2003-4-4 6:21:00的发言:
The only thing I concerned is how to find some in china to help me buy those books!

It is a little bit difficult for me!

Attic

What you mean difficult? Do you have any relatives/friends in China? If not, I think you can contact Lewis brother. He should be able to help you. He is in BJ now.

P.S: I said community college is expensive is comparing to you self-study, that's much cheaper.
16#
发表于 2003-4-4 23:02:00 | 只看该作者
The only prerequisites that BS require are statistics and calculus. Of course, you should have a good oral and writting skills.
You must take many MBA foundation courses  if your undergrad major is not business, so don't need to worry too much about ACCT and/or financial knowledge.
As far as Suvival Kits of GMAC, should not be very important.
But you should read many articles about USA and US BS, especially your BS.

[此贴子已经被作者于2003-4-4 23:07:56编辑过]
17#
 楼主| 发表于 2003-4-5 02:10:00 | 只看该作者
Thanks wannafly, bro, very valueable suggestions!

Chipmunk, Thanks for you info and advise, I might contact Lewis bro in the future!

BTW, " P.S: I said community college is expensive is comparing to you self-study, that's much cheaper. "

---hehe, That is another curve ball you throw at me, and it takes a second thoughts for a goofy guy like me to understand!

Attic

18#
发表于 2003-4-5 05:43:00 | 只看该作者
hi,everyone,
I found in Ivey's website some suggested book for MBA preparation. Please check the belowed url:
http://www.ivey.uwo.ca/intl_students/suggested%20books.htm

If you are in North America, I think you can borrow most of the books in Public Library.
19#
发表于 2003-4-5 05:54:00 | 只看该作者
It is not easy to finid them in library. I just found one of them.
20#
 楼主| 发表于 2003-4-5 12:56:00 | 只看该作者
very helpful, thank you very much mermaid!
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-4-26 22:38
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部