ChaseDream
搜索
返回列表 发新帖
楼主: starsailor

32岁的单身女生,准备申请JD,贷款读,不知以35岁的高龄毕业后能在美国找到好的工作吗?

[精华] [复制链接]
发表于 2005-11-8 09:45:00 | 显示全部楼层
谈论DREAM, PASSION 或者年龄似乎过于宽泛, 我以为还是需要看个人的情况, 个人的经济基础, 英语水平,工作和生活经历都是很重要的因素, 还有,为什么要读JD, 在32岁这个年龄必须想清楚, 否则以后的路走起来会很累
发表于 2005-11-8 12:54:00 | 显示全部楼层

还有,女孩子不能让生活太suffer了,要给自己留出生活的时间和内容,不要最后整个放在某项事业上,最后就是实现了未必也是你想要的生活。

权衡你自己,做个有把握的选择,让自己有点退路,无论在哪里都能有平衡的生活和事业,成功和幸福相伴。

25岁就嫁人放弃事业的女性有非常幸福的,也有非常失落的,35岁还在追求事业的女性有最后能获得美满归宿的(似乎这种结果在美国比在中国更可能发生)也有内心无法平衡的。早一点稳定下来但是高度不够的人生和冒着更多风险去投资为求一种更为宽泛远大的人生各有各的好处,也各有各的不足。看自己每一个时段要的是什么,并且是否有足够的能力去抵抗最坏的结果。一方面,不是金刚钻就不要去揽不属于你的瓷器活,另一方面,人毕竟有潜能,你可以试图去挖掘一下如果你想要,非常想要。
[此贴子已经被作者于2005-11-8 13:30:31编辑过]
发表于 2005-11-8 13:13:00 | 显示全部楼层

lykuang02 说得好.

如果JD就是你最大的梦想, 哪怕风险很大,付出很多也不改变,那么就去追求吧. 很多事情无所谓对错, 关键在于是否 informed decision, and you must have the courage and confidence no matter what happens.

每件事情都有代价. 现在即使在Top 14 的JD program 里,日子也很辛苦. (今天不算上课时间,已经读了六小时的书了,估计明天早上5,6点还要早起继续读) 我个人不后悔,但是不等于我假设这也适合其他人,特别是其他女孩子. 如果还有更多更好的梦想,不要被一个JD 梦限制了以后好几年的道路.

发表于 2005-11-8 13:30:00 | 显示全部楼层

Hi,Irena,I like what you said.

我们俩好像在一唱一和:=)take care of yourself.

发表于 2005-11-8 22:04:00 | 显示全部楼层
以下是引用Irena在2005-11-8 6:40:00的发言:

冒着被MM驳斥的危险...

适合读法律的年龄是男女有别的.在这里看到的TOP 14大陆男生, 一半是三十岁和以上的. 可是, 女生连过26岁的都不多见,而且大多是有家庭,老公事业成功稳定的.

"女生连过26岁的都不多见,而且大多是有家庭,老公事业成功稳定的."

那些MM都结婚好早...

发表于 2005-11-11 21:51:00 | 显示全部楼层

版主有什么好建议?

发表于 2005-11-14 03:17:00 | 显示全部楼层
以下引自鲁迅的著作:

世间本没有路,走的人多了,自然成了路。

发表于 2005-11-17 02:43:00 | 显示全部楼层
以下是引用Elsaxw在2005-11-6 5:38:00的发言:

There are so many clashing views associated with various cases about whether you should pursue your dream or not.  It is really up to you to discern them.  We are so young with limited vista that we may not have an entire view of our whole life right at this age. Always try to think this way that what you are doing in your age at 50, what kind of life you like most and what kind of preson you want to be.  US is different than China and China is getting closer to US. US encourages everyone to  go boldly with his dream. The dream makes us different.  The ability makes us distinguished.

About the life in US, I don't think you will have any problems with the loan.  Almost all my JD friends live partly on loan and partly on scholarship. Majority of them who already graduated are working in the top 5 law firms. The repayment after graduation is a samll part of their earnings.  But you need hard work for the good socres and rankings for the better chance of getting into the top law firms.  Besides, there will be many other important things,such as new friends,life and view, you will get from this exprience,which is usually far beyond what you currently imagine. I tell what I know about the real life of some JDs in US top law schools. Hope they can give you some ideas.

Everything has its risk. If you don't study JD,then you end up being a Chinese lawyer or whatever. Can you say this career life won't have any risk? Will you not regret? Is that worth risking all your life?  Risk is gone when faced with our determination and efforts. Don't waste too much time thinking, go straight do it. It is alway doing that beats saying and thinking. You will know deeper if you are doing a thing but not  just thinking of it.  You know that well.  In Chinese--- XUE2,SI1,XING2 are integrated with each other.

I 'd happy to know you have a dream with JD.  Not too many people have such a big dream.  I feel really sorry if you give up your dream. As far as the age is concerned, there are many so-called old JDs or even older in top law schools. I agree  wisdom and memory is increasing with the age not otherwise.  You have a thorough view and insight about the theories and cases when getting older.  Memory is boosted with the increasingly deepened interpretation ability.  Memory lapse occurs when you don't pay full concentration or lose will power or interest in the career or life or being careless with life.  If you have a good LSAT score with other things not bad, I don't doubt that you will have fruit from your efforts. Be sincere and honest.  As for the life advice, it is also good to seek the elders' opinions since they accumulate more life experience and could tell us something from the perspectives of being at later stage of the life. There once were ntional poll conducted in France which asked if time went back to sixty years ago, what you would do agian.  60% of elder people say they would study and pursue their dream and they regreted they hadn't. But be careful--- 40% of elder people say other ways. Therefore, it is a matter of personal life style,taste and dream.  Do you regret if you give up?  

Good luck with your application!

Today is a very long day for me.  I feel like I really need something to encourage me.  So I went back to chasedream to look for this small essay.   I would say that I have seldom read so good an essay written by a non-native speaker.  It's a beautiful essay with proper structures, good vocabulary and most important, with inspiration.   Way to go!
发表于 2005-12-7 04:18:00 | 显示全部楼层

我也同意木馨的建议,我现在人在美国,也在犹豫是否去读法律JD,因为我本科是法律,而且很喜欢法律,我25岁,要读的话也要贷款的,之所以犹豫是因为我担心35岁的我还是和现在一样,或者比现在还多烦恼,就业压力大,种族歧视,债务累累.....

所以我决定先读会计,有了稳定的工作,稳定的收入,再去追逐梦想,就算最后梦想没有实现,至少还能去做个会计,还能有时间陪陪家人,不是吗???

发表于 2005-12-12 00:44:00 | 显示全部楼层

请问楼上你现在美国读会计吗?如是,请问只是商业管理背景,报读MACC能申请到什么样学校呢?

谢谢!

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

所属分类: 法学院申请

近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-3-29 14:12
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部